test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 17 - Appearance Change

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
Thank all the Gods of Toril! Below is a link to the section on the new and very much improved appearance change system.

https://youtu.be/WvFnAeiyoHk?t=721

That looks great! Thank you developers for getting this done. I won't even complain about anything else module 17 offers us that glitches, this is the best thing in the world for me. <3
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i wonder about that color palates, are they unlockable by quest rewards, dye crafter, or open? saw some had lockpads on.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    wylonus said:

i wonder about that color palates, are they unlockable by quest rewards, dye crafter, or open? saw some had lockpads on.

I believe you use current dye packs to unlock those colors? Which means after mod 17, dye packs are dead?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited July 2019

Thank all the Gods of Toril! Below is a link to the section on the new and very much improved appearance change system.

https://youtu.be/WvFnAeiyoHk?t=721

That looks great! Thank you developers for getting this done. I won't even complain about anything else module 17 offers us that glitches, this is the best thing in the world for me. <3</p>

This reminds me of the DCUO style feature; that game had so many pieces for styles.

Head, chest, legs, feet, hands, back, aura, material (which is applied to each piece of gear so you can alter the gear further such as going from leather to metal or making the material glow or something along those lines), etc...

Color selection was done by a slider with the 3 standard color.

The end result is that many players tended to be similar in style because certain pieces simply had better visuals.

If this goes off of our collection list; I may have to start grinding out more for gear to get more styles in the game.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    is the drow priestess dress set from Roth Valley going to be gone? i still hadnt complete a set yet, so frustrating when they are bound on pick up and wrong class gears.

• dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    Don't get me wrong I really like some of the quality graphics and attention to detail the developers give to Neverwinter...

But in the grand scheme of things should we really be Oooh-ing and Aww-ing over more clearly detailed ground patterns and such?

Although I will admit after more than 5-years of ongoing repairs to Protector's Enclave, I am glad to see the crew is finely making some headway ~ :3
    DD~
    dionchi said:

Don't get me wrong I really like some of the quality graphics and attention to detail the developers give to Neverwinter...

But in the grand scheme of things should we really be Oooh-ing and Aww-ing over more clearly detailed ground patterns and such?

Although I will admit after more than 5-years of ongoing repairs to Protector's Enclave, I am glad to see the crew is finely making some headway ~ :3

I am with you on that first part, re-texturing the ground etc.. is nothing to make a big deal about, I posted her video when it got to the 12 minute mark and she started talking about transmutes, dyes, and costumes. That is what I am ooohing and awwing about. Breaking it down, I don't care they shuffled the furniture either, however I would like to see Preceptor Theraclast moved away from Harper Boward at the bar so I am not talking to him every Monday by accident. Recently Black Desert did a remaster to make things more shiny and add more detail. But that is just eye candy and the real meat and potatoes of any online game should be focusing on content above everything else.

The Gith are a new skin, nothing more, I know day one we will have Shreks and Spocks all over PE. The racial abilities are nothing. The plot of going to an asteroid via the astral plane sounds like STO developers have floated across the border. I am not into sci-fi and D&D is a magic based realms with Gods, monsters, magic, and the things science cannot explain. It doesn't need to be explained, because it is magic duh! I will probably give the content a shot before I shoot it down premature, I am just hoping this doesn't turn into some version of Wildstar.

wb-cenders.gif
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    have you tried moving your current characters over to preview

and noticed how many of your fashion items simply vanish - even items currently in use

including clothing from achieving master craft 2, hats that get stuffed into inventory that can no longer be worn

have you tried moving your current characters over to preview

and noticed how many of your fashion items simply vanish - even items currently in use

including clothing from achieving master craft 2, hats that get stuffed into inventory that can no longer be worn

Nope, and I am hoping they plan to fix these bugs and glitches or there will be hell to pay. :+1:
    wb-cenders.gif