test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My experience with Neverwinter! page 1 of 3

melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
ALL PROBLEMS LISTED STILL OCCURRED WELL AFTER THE SUPPOSED FIXES THAT WERE LISTED FOR MAINTENANCE!
Barbarian Blademaster:
The skill “Axestorm” once the encounter power became available to use, I was still unable to slot it at all until after I had selected at least one (1) feat!

In the Stronghold:
“Stronghold Cleric’s Wisdom” does not work! Tried having skill equipped while cleric companion was summoned as well! Last tried on 07/10/2019

Since Mod 16 hit I no longer notice anyone advertising in alliance chat for an Influence, dragonflight or marauder run in X stronghold! Used to notice that type of advertising a lot before Mod 16 in both Alliances now nothing!

Solo adventuring in the Stronghold:
I no longer do solo influence runs anymore due to the Stronghold changes for the humanoid random encounters and the minor HE supply recovery ones!

Now if I get caught in a combat situation with regular monsters that have the silver outline around the health bar I just wait for my character to get killed off because it is faster and more than likely I will respawn closer to my goal! Otherwise, I will avoid fighting anything in the stronghold that is not quest related!

Putting a Stronghold from level 5 to level 6: When choosing the target build it references the level 5 one you have already completed for some reason! Although it shows up correctly when donating resources!

Creating new characters in MOD 16:
The “Intro Campaign: The Staff of Savras” no problems completing it but I believe it still needs fixing! As of now I simply consider this to be in-game cheat for new characters! When I did the quest with my new MOD 16 character that I named Rangercheat I was able to purchase the Minstrel Companion multiple times!

When purchasing companions from AH for Rangercheat and all my other characters I favored these ones for their equip-able powers:

Vicious Dire Wolf, Astral Deva, Energon, Aranea and the Renegade Evoker! For augments I went with the Ioun Stones radiance, might and red dragon! (for the most part these were the cheap ones in AH and, comparatively speaking, provided an equip-able power I would consider using!)

I also purchased the con-artist for 2 gold from that shop in protector’s enclave!

Comments

• melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    OTHER STUFF - Page 2
    The Companion “Vicious Dire Wolf” is listed as a Mystical Creature on the collections page when it is actually bound to the character as a Beast of Faerun!

Certain “creatures, invokers, mystical and beasts” seem to work OK but augments seem to be the best choice so far!
    Fighter companions: never tried to use one of them after leveling them up so do not know!
    Companion Healers are mostly useless! Used to need them when I did high level content solo with my non-healer type characters! Still do in fact but because the healing they do is now so pitiful I generally just stick with an augment companion! I only use them for those times when I know I am going to fight more than 1 mob at once and I need cannon fodder to distract them from my character!

The Cleric/Healer Encounter Power “Intercession”! When in Demogorgon or any instance with more than one team it frequently heals someone on the other team instead of the person that actually needs it on my team! The skill itself specifically says “Instantly heal the nearby party member with the least hit points.” In this particular instance the person on the other team is not a member of my party so it should not be healing them as it is a skill that only gets used when someone in your party actually needs it!

Workshop: For a while you could consistently get +1 items 100% of the time with Mithral tools while the use of Epic or Legendary Tools only gave +1 items 90% of the time when the proficiency and focus for the legendary tools were listed at 100%!

The tools used for the gathering of materials seem to work properly and without problem and purchasing a Legendary Crossbow from the AH was totally worth it to me for gathering the crates!

Invoking your deity: sometimes on the first blessing if I have not done all six on the previous day it will do an invoke from the previous day instead of my first day invoke!

The Random Leveling Queue for characters under level 70: It worked fine for me! Got Illusionist’s Gambit 99% of the time and easily failed it every time thus allowing for easy experience about every 2 minutes or so! It certainly beats running around doing the various quests!

RAQ: I do not do that one unless someone in alliance is wanting to do it and I am available for it! The RIQ and RLQ I still do once per day because it requires little effort on my part and gets me easy AD!

The Manycoins Bank Heist in random queue: Currently, I simply abandon it ASAP!

The Tiamat one in RIQ: while I am willing to try it appears that most other people are not as it got abandoned rather quickly the last time I got it! I did the same because I got it with my DC healer and if the main attackers are not willing to do it then there is no chance!

Whats the difference: the RIQ manycoins bank heist is more than likely going to end in failure and I have no motivation to care if it succeeds or not! The Tiamat one has rewards at the end that I still like to get and is improved if you have a key as well!
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Page 3
    Undermountain: Before level 80 I was able to solo all quests with almost all eight professions!

In order of creation: Ranger-Warden, Cleric-Devout, Rogue-Whisperknife, Barbarian-Blademaster, Wizard-Thaumaturge, Fighter-Vanguard, Paladin-Oathkeeper, Warlock-Hellbringer

I used all Primal gear for my first 3 characters until after I finished Wyllowwood! (these three have the majority of the Boons available in the game)! My other five characters I simply updated everything as I went with my purple primal weapons getting changed out once I found one that increased base damage by 300 points or more!

Did not have problems till fight with Arcturia in Wyllowwood at level 78! (most were done Before the Fix for whatever problem other people were having with it!) The Barbarian is the only one where I simply lacked the ability to get the character past the first mob! With all the others I had no problems getting them to Arcturia! My first three characters did this quest at level 78 but I made sure that the other five were at level 80 before attempting quest!

Solo Fighting Arcturia: initially I could not do it solo with the Fighter but then I completed it solo with the paladin and realized that I was just too inexperienced with the profession! Never made it solo with the Barbarian but am quite sure it would have been an easy fight using the DPS path!

For the most part I had no problems soloing any of the content after Arcturia (excludes fighting the Master Vampires where I actually had to use potions or health stones depending on how many groups I had to deal with at once)! Although, I have never defeated the Gravemaster in Vanrakdoom! I suspect that I may be able to do it now with the gear I got from the MEs but I have not actually tried!

The Yawning Portal quest “Rune-Etched Armor” is not worth completing at this time as the armor is substandard stuff compared to what you have once you have all the stuff needed to complete the quest! I think that for the time and cost associated with this quest the armor being restored should be the best armor in the game instead it is pretty much useless by the time you are able to restore it providing you are even willing to waste the 150k AD on it!

Alabaster Weapons: getting them seems easy enough although I did create a ninth character that I named “Rangercheat” to improve my chances of getting them for my ranger! It did not work for the first one because I got it before Rangercheat was ready but I am pretty sure it worked for the second one as I was running both rangers every-time I decided to do ME! In any case Rangercheat never got anything and the only reason I still play him right now is because he still has crystalized resonance that I wish to use up!

Getting Resonance: for me it is easiest to just go to Vanrakdoom and station three random characters at each HE area in the same instance! It worked well 90% of the time because even when there are two instances going on they all almost always returned to same instance thus allowing me to farm runes for the full 5-minutes with each character! As a Healer DC I seemed unable to get multiple drops from the same one unless I varied my attack pattern in the same manner as you would while playing as an Arbiter!

It is possible to Solo run a 1 rune ME with a new character as I was able to do this with Rangercheat although it is not recommended as it is way faster and easier with a group! And this was before I discovered how useful a Sigil of the Paladin artifact item is even at the blue level!
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Total respect to you OP.

Over 1500 words of material and you demonstrated restraint and controlled use of grammar throughout - no all caps, no run-on paragraphs, not a single HAMSTER and total honesty in your subject line.

Kudos sir or ma'am or s/he.