test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ACT like breakdown at end of every activity

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
I would love to see this for console. even just a pie chart of what we did where. it would enable credible theory crafting on console and would breath a little life into things because it gives end gamers with nothing to do.. something to do. and in order to test stuff we have to buy and upgrade stuff.

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I would love to see this for console. even just a pie chart of what we did where. it would enable credible theory crafting on console and would breath a little life into things because it gives end gamers with nothing to do.. something to do. and in order to test stuff we have to buy and upgrade stuff.

Other games I have played don't do the break down like ACT does. They provide simple formula or your damage per a second. Than you can pick the time frame how that is calculated such as in 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, or until the end of combat. This type of log is not like ACT but it would be much better than what we have which is nothing. A simple tool like this would allow console players to see where they stack up and even a simple tool like that would help the devs balance out the classes a bit more as well.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Other games I have played don't do the break down like ACT does. They provide simple formula or your damage per a second. Than you can pick the time frame how that is calculated such as in 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, or until the end of combat. This type of log is not like ACT but it would be much better than what we have which is nothing. A simple tool like this would allow console players to see where they stack up and even a simple tool like that would help the devs balance out the classes a bit more as well.

that wouldn't be even a little helpful. I don't care about second by second. i want to know how much various things in my build are helping or not helping. a lot of the people who used to do this on pc aren't now.
  • johnny#4757 johnny Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'd like to see a dps meter in-game, but even better.. a plugins feature/lib to enable software engineers to create their own stuff, like.. a dps meter.
    I don't see how a dps meter would be anything more than a vanity thing. I'm asking for a tool that actually optimizes builds by letting us know if individual components are effective or not effective.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I don't see how a dps meter would be anything more than a vanity thing. I'm asking for a tool that actually optimizes builds by letting us know if individual components are effective or not effective.

You can test stuff out by using the 100 dmg weapon. That should help you determine which things are better for your build.
  • johnny#4757 johnny Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    By dps meter what I really meant is a more complex tool that would include the breakdown of abiltiies, just like ACT. I'm taking as an example one of the dps meters from that other game with 3 letters (that I do not dare to say here because it may be against the rules), where for each encounter (or activity?), you have in the main screen the dps output by players, but when clicking on it, it shows a breakdown of the abilities with percentage of damage of each ability, number of hits, criticals and so on.
    a 100 weapon isn't going to tell you without act. you see a little of the big picture but y ou do not see the big picture just looking at your log. it's also not showing you the whole pic re comps, weapon enchantments and individual items. maybe you see an increase but what caused it. you don't know because it's not broken down. a pie chart at the end showing what everything did would tell that story.

a meter shows something by second but it also just has basically the same info as your damage log. having an aggregate whole at the end is much more useful. showing ALL of it broken down .
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I would prefer not having ACT and also removing the "X" window from all activities
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Adding an in game on/off options for players to view dungeons charts would be nice.

Metrics are very useful overall for players, in their progress of min/max.

Like overall Crit strike % that proc in the dungeon run; highest damage attacks, all the powers that was used/proc/bonuses. I use ACT sometime but an in game reporting/metrics would just elevate Neverwinter much more in helping people build their characters if they choose.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Console gets bupkis.