test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

tiamat still unbeatable and enemies in demogorgon are to powerful

tiamat is unbeatable i just tried to beat tiamat took 2 and a half minutes to beat the black head as soon as i got in range to attack the green head my hp hit zero and i was dead you can not beat an enemy thatt cann kill you so quick that you do not even hava a chance to heal and if you heal as soon as you heal your hp hits zero i wish they whould put tiamat back the way it was i have 14 keys for tiamat that i can not use and demogorgoon i used to gold rank demogorgon every time but after thhe stupid mod 16 i am lucky to silver rank it most of the time i bronze rank it

Comments

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    This is not the case if you balance your character for all content. You probably went all power like everyone keeps telling you and that is all fine in good in level 80 content and right now we have zones and LoMM as our level 80 content. If you are running just those pieces of content than your stat would be good; however, you need to boost your stats in lower dungeons by going into it as a private Q and see what your stats are. If you are not 50K + the enemy rating listed in the Q for the stat you will be less effective.

• Options
    vigilante#2764 vigilante Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Yes that 50k + scaled means you need to be hitting 80k unscaled. A bit excessive, tanks are struggling, trying to balance for content and then going into scaled dungeons and losing 30k from stats across the board. Have seen very little in new companion gear for tanks aside from the single piece that you get for completing the campaign. The scaling is a joke, and a bad one at that. Yes power blah blah blah for LOMM but needing to hit 80k+ for older content means there are a lot of players that wont be running older content. Why should you need to overcap every stat (for your class) just to run older content? My level 70 13k rogue has higher defensive stats that my scaled level 80 paladin tank, who for the record is pushing 80k+ for all defensive stats, which makes my damage a complete joke, had to sacrifice the offensive stats to push defense high enough to offset some of the scaling, and also why I now hate playing my paladin, a character I previously loved. Holding people to the lowest common denominator doesn't encourage growth it encourages laziness. People don't spend hours grinding and leveling characters, gear, enchantments, to be handicapped in content. They leveled to make the content easier. When I first hit 68, 3 years ago and spent an hour plus in Malabog, I worked hard to get my character to be able to run it without such difficulty, now 3 years later and Malabog is a HAMSTER show, people are spending 30 minutes or more running it because of the scaling and there is no benefit to running the old content if it doesn't directly relate to a boon for your character. The rewards aren't worth it. Why spend 30 minutes or more in old content for a trifling of ad, even with the random queue rewards?
    The reason people were running the scaled acquisitions incorporated K-team so much was because the gear you could purchase with the I.O.U.s made it worth it. There is ZERO benefit to the mod 16 scaling. I have stopped running all old content, and there are many who are doing the same.
    I get it, you don't care about your long term players, it's obvious that you are trying to make things easier for any newer players coming along, and yes I get that with the random queues and endgame players were running through content leaving the newer players behind to die, it was frustrating for the newer players but this solution is not any better. You are alienating your existing player base for newer players instead of finding a balance.
    Also if people are private queueing into content, why scale it at all? or give an option for unscaled. Something, I could see an option being good, private queues aren't going to get the bonus ad from the random, the rewards are really feable to begin with in the old content so why not through your players a bone and let them choose to run old content unscaled or scaled when in private? Scaled private would give players the chance to test their build against the content with the handicap and unscaled would enable your existing players to run content they previously enjoyed without wanting to snap their controllers in half.
    Whatever you decide, you really need to do something as we are losing players left and right because of these changes, I have seen 2 midsized guilds fold since mod 16 launched because of players hating the changes. I also play on pc and we have had longer to deal with the changes there and it's a ghost town in my pc alliance. my pc guild actually lost more than half of its officers over this mod. It's just crazy and really frustrating.
    @nitocris83 I know I have rambled a bit here but I do hope you will read this, it is not my most well written post, and there is a lot of frustration encapsulated within these words as I have played on console since the beginning, but as a ps4 player, primarily, I have seen a massive drop in the number of players and only the newest of players seem to be happy with this mod, with the exception of the legacy campaign weekly quests, they have been getting really good buzz and feedback from my guildies and alliance folks for helping them with the campaigns, new and old players alike are enjoying that aspect of 16.
  • Options
    shakinggamer#3136 shakinggamer Member Posts: 66 Arc User

This is not the case if you balance your character for all content. You probably went all power like everyone keeps telling you and that is all fine in good in level 80 content and right now we have zones and LoMM as our level 80 content. If you are running just those pieces of content than your stat would be good; however, you need to boost your stats in lower dungeons by going into it as a private Q and see what your stats are. If you are not 50K + the enemy rating listed in the Q for the stat you will be less effective.

in protecters anclave all my stats except 2 are over 90000 my defense is all most 90000
  • Options

in protecters anclave all my stats except 2 are over 90000 my defense is all most 90000
    Even if your stats are good it doesn't mean the rest of the group stats are good enough to be in Tiamat.

• Options
    thegrimner#3435 thegrimner Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2019

Even if your stats are good it doesn't mean the rest of the group stats are good enough to be in Tiamat.

You cannot possibly argue with a straight face that a IL 13k (the instance's entry barrier) will have the gear and stat balances required to beat Tiamat. Or manycoins for that matter. Or that a IL 16k will make it through CR's final boss.
    Other dungeons and instances are actually more well balanced, and while i can see Lostmauth being a bit grueling for a lowbie, I can also see it being (eventually) doable if everyone knows the dungeon mechanics to a tee, which is currently akin to finding unicorns. All too often, then, the result is that the dungeon ends up not being worth the hassle and, yet again, lowbies will get shunned out of the content; since they can't be kicked this easily anymore, people are simply boycotting those instances or even worse, not running them. Either way, while regular dungeons could be fixed by making the reward match the risk, Tiamat is just a waste of half an hour, because it *is* matematically impossible to do.

If the instance says it requires IL 13K to enter and a team IL 13ks cannot possibly beat the instance, not because of skill, but because the math dictates, then the instance is plain broken and the touted reason @mimicking#6533 gave for scaling (making the game more skill based) is moot. Period.

And if you haven't seen the huge population drop in the game, *especially* in queued content, I'd wager you haven't been experiencing the game at all, of late. It is really, really dire, even before all the folks drop out because it's their fourth Tiamat attempt in a row.
  • Options
    shakinggamer#3136 shakinggamer Member Posts: 66 Arc User

You cannot possibly argue with a straight face that a IL 13k (the instance's entry barrier) will have the gear and stat balances required to beat Tiamat. Or manycoins for that matter. Or that a IL 16k will make it through CR's final boss.
    Other dungeons and instances are actually more well balanced, and while i can see Lostmauth being a bit grueling for a lowbie, I can also see it being (eventually) doable if everyone knows the dungeon mechanics to a tee, which is currently akin to finding unicorns. All too often, then, the result is that the dungeon ends up not being worth the hassle and, yet again, lowbies will get shunned out of the content; since they can't be kicked this easily anymore, people are simply boycotting those instances or even worse, not running them. Either way, while regular dungeons could be fixed by making the reward match the risk, Tiamat is just a waste of half an hour, because it *is* matematically impossible to do.

If the instance says it requires IL 13K to enter and a team IL 13ks cannot possibly beat the instance, not because of skill, but because the math dictates, then the instance is plain broken and the touted reason @mimicking#6533 gave for scaling (making the game more skill based) is moot. Period.

And if you haven't seen the huge population drop in the game, *especially* in queued content, I'd wager you haven't been experiencing the game at all, of late. It is really, really dire, even before all the folks drop out because it's their fourth Tiamat attempt in a row.
    yes i have seen the drop in other players it has gone from 1 to 2 hours to collect your dailey astral diamonds to an all day task because it is so hard to get in queues most take up to 15 to 30 minutes to get in to a queue
  • Options
    edited July 2019

yes i have seen the drop in other players it has gone from 1 to 2 hours to collect your dailey astral diamonds to an all day task because it is so hard to get in queues most take up to 15 to 30 minutes to get in to a queue
    I run chaos rune in my ME on 3 characters - 15K AD. Than you get 5x5K so another 25K AD. I than run the leveling and intermediate Q. I typically get Master of the Hunt for my leveling and Prince Folly or Bank heist. I typically get around 75-80K AD a day without doing anything higher than intermediate Q.

I pretty much solo bank heist doing 8 digits in damage compared to others that are high 6 or very low 7 digits in damage. Typically bank heist and prince folly are gold for me, rarely do they end up being silver.

As for your points about lower IL characters; most players I know are going right for level 80. If a player has all boons completed, are using 950 gear, has mythical artifacts, legendary weapons, legendary neck/waist and are all R8 or higher for enchantments and runestones those said player will be around 21-22K IL. With that said, if you are running with anyone under 19K at minimum than they simply haven't done the minimum that a player should do to be ready for running dungeons.

IMO all true non-level dungeons they should be bumped up to level 80. The enemy stats should be adjusted a bit up and that should resolve many of the issues we see as we should not be scaled or scaling would be significantly less than what we are experiencing now.

IMO, scaling is actually hurting the game. If the devs never did scaling they wouldn't have needed to reduce enemies health by over 25%. That to me ruined the game, reduction of enemies health.

My first t9 we one phased orcus and no one in my group was level 80 or had all of stuff fixed/upgrade. Imagine that same group with players having appropriate stats, etc...

• Options
    All that's needed for a player to be severely lagging behind in boons and max gear is to have alts. If you do have a significant amount of alts, you're either sorely lacking in boons for them... or lacking a life.

My two mains stand at 21k after playing since launch, with a long hiatus after skipping chult. And those boons will remain unfinished, as I won't set foot in that map. All others go about the 17-19k, and are built with knowledge of how the game stats work, which means they are well over requirements for every content in the game bar LoMM. They do lack a lot of boons, because there is a limit to the time and patience required to run a lot of those campaigns more than once or twice and I should, provided I'm not a complete idiot, be able to take my toon to the places the game says it's ok to take my toon to.

That they, along with the vast majority of the player base, struggle in a 13k instance when they can actually complete some 16k stuff doesn't lie with me, or with how my toon is built, but with Cryptic and how their game is built; it is frankly ludricous to say that the actual barrier of entry for a 13k instance is 19k without seriously examining that something isn't right with that picture and in how that has a severe negative impact in the game and its community.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Yes that 50k + scaled means you need to be hitting 80k unscaled. A bit excessive, tanks are struggling, trying to balance for content and then going into scaled dungeons and losing 30k from stats across the board. Have seen very little in new companion gear for tanks aside from the single piece that you get for completing the campaign. The scaling is a joke, and a bad one at that. Yes power blah blah blah for LOMM but needing to hit 80k+ for older content means there are a lot of players that wont be running older content. Why should you need to overcap every stat (for your class) just to run older content? My level 70 13k rogue has higher defensive stats that my scaled level 80 paladin tank, who for the record is pushing 80k+ for all defensive stats, which makes my damage a complete joke, had to sacrifice the offensive stats to push defense high enough to offset some of the scaling, and also why I now hate playing my paladin, a character I previously loved. Holding people to the lowest common denominator doesn't encourage growth it encourages laziness. People don't spend hours grinding and leveling characters, gear, enchantments, to be handicapped in content. They leveled to make the content easier. When I first hit 68, 3 years ago and spent an hour plus in Malabog, I worked hard to get my character to be able to run it without such difficulty, now 3 years later and Malabog is a HAMSTER show, people are spending 30 minutes or more running it because of the scaling and there is no benefit to running the old content if it doesn't directly relate to a boon for your character. The rewards aren't worth it. Why spend 30 minutes or more in old content for a trifling of ad, even with the random queue rewards?
    The reason people were running the scaled acquisitions incorporated K-team so much was because the gear you could purchase with the I.O.U.s made it worth it. There is ZERO benefit to the mod 16 scaling. I have stopped running all old content, and there are many who are doing the same.
    I get it, you don't care about your long term players, it's obvious that you are trying to make things easier for any newer players coming along, and yes I get that with the random queues and endgame players were running through content leaving the newer players behind to die, it was frustrating for the newer players but this solution is not any better. You are alienating your existing player base for newer players instead of finding a balance.
    Also if people are private queueing into content, why scale it at all? or give an option for unscaled. Something, I could see an option being good, private queues aren't going to get the bonus ad from the random, the rewards are really feable to begin with in the old content so why not through your players a bone and let them choose to run old content unscaled or scaled when in private? Scaled private would give players the chance to test their build against the content with the handicap and unscaled would enable your existing players to run content they previously enjoyed without wanting to snap their controllers in half.
    Whatever you decide, you really need to do something as we are losing players left and right because of these changes, I have seen 2 midsized guilds fold since mod 16 launched because of players hating the changes. I also play on pc and we have had longer to deal with the changes there and it's a ghost town in my pc alliance. my pc guild actually lost more than half of its officers over this mod. It's just crazy and really frustrating.
    @nitocris83 I know I have rambled a bit here but I do hope you will read this, it is not my most well written post, and there is a lot of frustration encapsulated within these words as I have played on console since the beginning, but as a ps4 player, primarily, I have seen a massive drop in the number of players and only the newest of players seem to be happy with this mod, with the exception of the legacy campaign weekly quests, they have been getting really good buzz and feedback from my guildies and alliance folks for helping them with the campaigns, new and old players alike are enjoying that aspect of 16.

For some players, the "old HAMSTER show content" is new...
  • Options

All that's needed for a player to be severely lagging behind in boons and max gear is to have alts. If you do have a significant amount of alts, you're either sorely lacking in boons for them... or lacking a life.

My two mains stand at 21k after playing since launch, with a long hiatus after skipping chult. And those boons will remain unfinished, as I won't set foot in that map. All others go about the 17-19k, and are built with knowledge of how the game stats work, which means they are well over requirements for every content in the game bar LoMM. They do lack a lot of boons, because there is a limit to the time and patience required to run a lot of those campaigns more than once or twice and I should, provided I'm not a complete idiot, be able to take my toon to the places the game says it's ok to take my toon to.

That they, along with the vast majority of the player base, struggle in a 13k instance when they can actually complete some 16k stuff doesn't lie with me, or with how my toon is built, but with Cryptic and how their game is built; it is frankly ludricous to say that the actual barrier of entry for a 13k instance is 19k without seriously examining that something isn't right with that picture and in how that has a severe negative impact in the game and its community.

If a player has time to run so many alts they could spend some time if they wanted burning through the campaigns and get the boons.

I have 6 character where all have up to storm king thunder completed. I have 3 that have completed everything. Game isn't hard in the least bit, never really has been and mod 16 made it is easier IMO. The only thing that will be hard is the new trial where you need not only higher offensive stat but from what I have been told the following is required by all players in the group.

400K HP, legendary lion or griffon, 80K armor pen, crit, recovery, defense, awareness, etc... that is what is recommend for non-tanks wishing to enter the new trial and actually beat it.

The new trial is for the extreme elite players; very few will beat it. And even those that do will only run it with their core group.

IMO that trial should not even be a standard trial if its that tough. It should be an event and provide crazy good awards at the end, such as R15 enchantment choice packs, R14 weapon choice packs, legendary mount pack, etc... It also should have its difficulty increased to ensure that if you beat you truly deserve the award at the end of the trial.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

400K HP, legendary lion or griffon, 80K armor pen, crit, recovery, defense, awareness, etc... that is what is recommend for non-tanks wishing to enter the new trial and actually beat it.

And this is the kind of approach that ultimately undoes whatever good could come out of Mod 16's "soft reboot". Because we're replacing the old system of restrictive metas with another system of even more restrictive metas. But with the excuse that we're removing the metas.

What you're recommending is not what should be recommended. What's recommended is the item level the devs say upon entrance Nothing more, nothing less, and the game should be designed with the required gear should be able to, within reason, have a decent shot. And it *is* quite possible to do this and have the dungeons be hard as nails, but a part of cryptic seems uable to break the mould of making stuff hard until it isn't. Which runs both paralel and counter to "let's make interesting mechanics on our bosses", something which I was surprised to find on FBI only now that I don't have to glitch Drufi and most teams can no longer burn her in 10 seconds: she's actually damn fun to fight.

Now, to achieve success, players should not have to do is be forced to buy at least one legendary mount as a barrier of entry, nor forced to complete campaigns they don't want to repeat a fourth or fifth time. That is bad design and dreadful gatekeeping, counter to the devs purpodsed principle of putting emphasis back on skill ( which, to be fair, is actually back on some instances, completely lacking on most others) and that is extremely detrimental to the game's health. To loop it back to the OP, it is kind of ludricous that a 16 k dungeon is substantially easier to beat than a 13k one and that this is so reflects just how badly scaling is influencing the game. As easily noted by, well, the game's current health.
    Post edited by thegrimner#3435 on
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,135 Arc User
    If you really want to know what's going on in NW now watch Jim Sterling's (The Jimquisition) recent video "The Exploitative Push For Social Networking In Games"

Everything that we see occurring in NW at the moment is all about forcing people into Social Gaming and creating groups of have and have nots. The devs may not even know this is happing as it comes down from on high so I am not pointing my fingers at them, just to clarify.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    edited July 2019

If you really want to know what's going on in NW now watch Jim Sterling's (The Jimquisition) recent video "The Exploitative Push For Social Networking In Games"

Everything that we see occurring in NW at the moment is all about forcing people into Social Gaming and creating groups of have and have nots. The devs may not even know this is happing as it comes down from on high so I am not pointing my fingers at them, just to clarify.

Oh, from social pressure to dowright predatory gambling (Possibly the worst monetization in terms of dowright selling power on all ps4 f2p panorama ) , to the constant tinkering and shadow nerfing of rewards, to the reiterated lack of transparency, PW Entertainment should count their blessings that no bigger Youtuber has checked them yet.

And no shade on the devs here, if anything i feel bad. A lot of stuff in mod 16 shows enough promise and attention to make me belive there's care put into it. And then all those good touches feel either rushed or hampered and badly glued together by contradictory mechanics . Scaling runs directly counter to the new stat system , for example and it's impossible they Don't know all we do. And more. And have no freedom to fix it.

Which makes it more frustrating.
  • Options

And this is the kind of approach that ultimately undoes whatever good could come out of Mod 16's "soft reboot". Because we're replacing the old system of restrictive metas with another system of even more restrictive metas. But with the excuse that we're removing the metas.

What you're recommending is not what should be recommended. What's recommended is the item level the devs say upon entrance Nothing more, nothing less, and the game should be designed with the required gear should be able to, within reason, have a decent shot. And it *is* quite possible to do this and have the dungeons be hard as nails, but a part of cryptic seems uable to break the mould of making stuff hard until it isn't. Which runs both paralel and counter to "let's make interesting mechanics on our bosses", something which I was surprised to find on FBI only now that I don't have to glitch Drufi and most teams can no longer burn her in 10 seconds: she's actually damn fun to fight.

Now, to achieve success, players should not have to do is be forced to buy at least one legendary mount as a barrier of entry, nor forced to complete campaigns they don't want to repeat a fourth or fifth time. That is bad design and dreadful gatekeeping, counter to the devs purpodsed principle of putting emphasis back on skill ( which, to be fair, is actually back on some instances, completely lacking on most others) and that is extremely detrimental to the game's health. To loop it back to the OP, it is kind of ludricous that a 16 k dungeon is substantially easier to beat than a 13k one and that this is so reflects just how badly scaling is influencing the game. As easily noted by, well, the game's current health.
    I'm not the one preaching this it is what is recommended. The reason you want one of those legendary mounts and 400K HP is that the boss hits for 1M damage. If you can shield/reduce the damage and have around 400K you might be able to survive the 1M hit. Yeah it is stupid but that is the new trial. I'm not a cryptic developer or player that believes the masses should be left out.

You can should speak your mind in the shard area where they are talking about ToMM. Voice your concerns as an average player and let Cryptic know your stance.
  • Options
    lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Well, I just put together an alliance tiamat run, my first since Mod 16 dropped. We finished it without too much drama.

We only had 9 players, and only one was a healer so I told him to focus on the 2 tanks and told the DPS to stay out of the red, use the gems and made sure everyone followed the mechanics and it was fine. Took two rounds to do it but no wipes, people died but no wipes. Only two players were above 23k, 3 were below 20k one was 16k. The 16k player was the person I put the group together for. About 5 of the group had never run the mechanics before, others had forgotten so it was pretty much a training run.

The key to beating Tiamat is in the mechanics. The 16k player explained to me that in all his failed attempts, everyone went in and killed the 5 summoners, killed Severen. Fumbled their way through the cleric phase, not knowing to pull the mobs away from the clerics. Then everyone went to black, killed it and moved to green and then repeatedly wiped until they quit, apparently no one knowing that you pick up a soul gem.

Which is what will happen if you don't respect the mechanics of that trial.

So a quick summary of the mechanics:

1. Kill summoners, make sure people pick up the green, red and blue soul gems - you don't need to worry about black and white's breath attack can be avoided.
    2. Kill Severen.
    3. Split up, one tank and healer go left, the other tank and healer take right with DPS split between. When mobs spawn, keep them at the spawn zone near tiamat's circle pulling them away from the cleric if they run up to her.
    4. DPS avoid the red and healer keeps tank alive, and everyone avoids the breath attacks.
    5. At the end of that zerg to black, reduce it to 30% health then zerg to green
    6. use the green gems to nullify her breath attack - the poison cloud lingers and it will kill you - burn her down to 30%, zerg to red
    7. Burn red down to 30%, using gems to protect from the breath attack. Zerg to Blue.
    8. Burn blue down to 30%, using gems to protect from the breath attack, zerg to white
    9. Burn white down to 30%, avoiding the breath attack.
    10. When the time runs out - whatever phase you are at - it will revert to the protect cleric phase so repeat step 3 and 4
    11. When Tia comes back up go back to the head you were last burning down and continue.
    12. Your target is to have all heads down to 30% at the end of the attacking phase. Whether it's first, second or third attack phase I still think you can win, if it's 4th phase....maybe not.
    13. Why 30%? If you burn the head down past 30% (I think it's actually 25% but 30% is safer) the head respawns with half it's life back and you have to burn it back down again.
    14. The last phase, after you have gotten heads down to 30% and then protected the clerics, you can go back and kill all the heads.
    15. That's it.

Hopefully that helps newer players with further attempts at beating tiamat.
    Post edited by lordtweety#3604 on
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,135 Arc User
    Problem with this run now is that everyone is leaving it as soon as it comes up in random queues. Last couple of days I've landed in it a few times but as soon as I have half the people "magically disconnect"

I'm afraid for the normal rank and file of NW this will be almost impossible to complete at this point.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options

Well, I just put together an alliance tiamat run, my first since Mod 16 dropped. We finished it without too much drama.

We only had 19 players, and only one was a healer so I told him to focus on the 2 tanks and told the DPS to stay out of the red, use the gems and made sure everyone followed the mechanics and it was fine. Took two rounds to do it but no wipes, people died but no wipes. Only two players were above 23k, 3 were below 20k one was 16k. The 16k player was the person I put the group together for. About 5 of the group had never run the mechanics before, others had forgotten so it was pretty much a training run.

The key to beating Tiamat is in the mechanics. The 16k player explained to me that in all his failed attempts, everyone went in and killed the 5 summoners, killed Severen. Fumbled their way through the cleric phase, not knowing to pull the mobs away from the clerics. Then everyone went to black, killed it and moved to green and then repeatedly wiped until they quit, apparently no one knowing that you pick up a soul gem.

Which is what will happen if you don't respect the mechanics of that trial.

So a quick summary of the mechanics:

1. Kill summoners, make sure people pick up the green, red and blue soul gems - you don't need to worry about black and white's breath attack can be avoided.
    2. Kill Severen.
    3. Split up, one tank and healer go left, the other tank and healer take right with DPS split between. When mobs spawn, keep them at the spawn zone near tiamat's circle pulling them away from the cleric if they run up to her.
    4. DPS avoid the red and healer keeps tank alive, and everyone avoids the breath attacks.
    5. At the end of that zerg to black, reduce it to 30% health then zerg to green
    6. use the green gems to nullify her breath attack - the poison cloud lingers and it will kill you - burn her down to 30%, zerg to red
    7. Burn red down to 30%, using gems to protect from the breath attack. Zerg to Blue.
    8. Burn blue down to 30%, using gems to protect from the breath attack, zerg to white
    9. Burn white down to 30%, avoiding the breath attack.
    10. When the time runs out - whatever phase you are at - it will revert to the protect cleric phase so repeat step 3 and 4
    11. When Tia comes back up go back to the head you were last burning down and continue.
    12. Your target is to have all heads down to 30% at the end of the attacking phase. Whether it's first, second or third attack phase I still think you can win, if it's 4th phase....maybe not.
    13. Why 30%? If you burn the head down past 30% (I think it's actually 25% but 30% is safer) the head respawns with half it's life back and you have to burn it back down again.
    14. The last phase, after you have gotten heads down to 30% and then protected the clerics, you can go back and kill all the heads.
    15. That's it.

Hopefully that helps newer players with further attempts at beating tiamat.

19 players in a trial setup for 10 players. How does that happen?
  • Options
    lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User

19 players in a trial setup for 10 players. How does that happen?

My bad, I was tired when I wrote it, meant to be 9.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Tiamat now feels pretty much just like it did when it was first introduced. Players either have to learn the mechanisms and follow instructions or fail. Simple as that.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    It appears that my post went the way of the dodo with absolutely no explanation.

But, as I was saying, the strategy guide posted here is good. It also won't work for the majority of players and it won't solve Tiamat's current problems. Reason being, it only works if you private queue it, and it's still dependent on having fairly higher than standard players on the team... and of course provided you can even get your guild organized and motivated to do content that hands out very poor rewards for the amount of effort it entails.

Most people run Tiamat simply because it's on rotation on RIQ, though, and if you brave RIQ, you risk the PUG. and in Tiamat's case, you can, at the very best, pick half of your team. The other half might be undergeared, unaware of the mechanics and how they changed, and impossible to communicate with because the further into PUG you get, the higher the chance you get people who do not speak your language. In those conditions, I assure you, Tiamat is very much unbeatable. And with time being "money" in this game, one can hardly be faulted for deciding that spending 30 minutes on an instance where the odds of failure are nearly absolute is not a good way to spend it. Hence the dropouts. If people can't and/or don't want to complete your content, it might be wise to evaluate it.

There's a place for complex raids in NW, but it sure isn't on queues. ANd if you do want to incentivize that sort of content, you want to sweeten the rewards accordingly. Because feeling like it did when it was first introduced is nice and all, but I would not run LoMM if it rewarded like Tiamat.