test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't purchase Masterwork Armorsmithing Recipes III

ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
Adding a bug report per Supports direction. @nitocris83

I'm having a problem purchasing Masterwork Armorsmithing Recipes III from the stronghold vendor (The Artisan).

The store says in order to purchase the item I require the following:
• 20 adamant plates (i have them as shown in the attached photo)
• guild hall 12 (i am in a rank 20 guild)
• and Masterwork Armorsmithing Recipes II (i have this completed)

Steps I went through:
1) I had turned in the quest for Armorsmithing II recipes on the day that Mod15 was released.
2) It took the items to complete Armorsmithing II and I have the Armorsmithing II recipes in my workshop.
3) I went to grab Armorsmithing III quest (at the time I didn't realize there was no quest) and grabbed the available Armorsmithing quest (This quest turned out to be Armorsmithing I quest again!).
4) After research I found requirements for Armorsmithing III and I proceeded to accumulate the items (see list above) to purchase the Armorsmithing III recipes.

Observed Result:
I cannot turn in the items to purchase Recipes III as it tells me I haven't completed Armorsmithing II. I have clearly completed that and have the recipes in my workshop.

Expected Result:
The Armorsmithing Recipes III being available for purchase through the Artisan instead of being greyed out.

I don't know if any of this helps repro the problem?

I've spent a lot of time and millions of astral diamonds to get to this point in mastercrafting just to have a bug bring me to a halt.

Can you help me figure out how I can purchase these recipes or somehow have them added to my character? At the least, could I get my items back that I turned in for Armorsmithing I and II??

Below image shows that I have the required items to purchase Armorsmithing III but can not interact to purchase.

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    @nitochris

Any updates on this would be nice.
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Update: As of today, this issue is still on PC... :/
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
    @nitocris83

Anything? Anything at all?
  • luckytwoseven#7419 luckytwoseven Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Add me to the boat. I took advantage of the guild mark discount this wknd to get what I needed and nope, no exchange. I did MW 1-2 under the old Mailsmithing system. I guess I'm done with crafting. I love and hate this game at the same time. :(
    Welcome to the "Burned by Mastercrafting" club!

Maybe @nitocris83 has some kind of update to my issue from 5 months ago.

Especially since mastercrafting has had a number of long standing bugs that started with the professions rework. When did that come out again? A year? Longer?

Who can keep up when you're spending time playing other games since NW keeps finding ways to break things.

I'll check back in another few months since I probably won't get a response again.
  • atwa#2521 atwa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Sounds like the "mailsmithing doesn't count" bug. A friend got burned by this during the 2x guild marks event a couple weeks ago.
    @nitocris83 @skingdev#1102

Just bringing this long standing bug back up since it still hasn't been fixed and completely prevents any advancement in this branch of mastercrafting.
    @skingdev#1102

Thanks. I think a few things went wrong when the new professions system went into effect so these bugs have been lingering for a long time. The combining of a 2 professions being one of the things that I believe caused this particular issue.

Hopefully a resolution can be found.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    @skingdev#1102 I have a related problem with armor. please see discussions below. I am not the only one. I think I've also seen people wiht the same problem via blacksmithing.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1245685/mw3-armorsmithing-errors

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13079110
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
    Sorry for the long hiatus on this one. The holidays are over and we are back at it.

More to come,

- SKing
    Thanks @skingdev#1102

Hope you all enjoyed the time off. Now back to work! jkjk
    @skingdev#1102 this thread was well reported on it and it looks like at one time you were following up on it here.
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2020
    [Update] This is definitely deja vu, I totally thought I followed up on this one awhile ago. I must have not hit the 'Post Comment' button or something. We have this issue in, I'll track it down and push for it to get in, in an upcoming patch.

Sorry about this one, my mind is racing trying to remember what I did with it,

We already have a fix and have confirmed it. You should see it in an upcoming patch.

- SKing

[Update] This is definitely deja vu, I totally thought I followed up on this one awhile ago. I must have not hit the 'Post Comment' button or something. We have this issue in, I'll track it down and push for it to get in, in an upcoming patch.

Sorry about this one, my mind is racing trying to remember what I did with it,

We already have a fix and have confirmed it. You should see it in an upcoming patch.

- SKing

we need a big hug emote. TY TY TY