test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to revive pvp

demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
Create a npc that allows you to go in bounty hunter mode.

While in hunter mode you can player kill others in you instance.

Add guards that come to your defence when a bounty hunter attacks an innocent player.

Bounties can be placed on players head at the bounty npc.

Donate the astral to npc and then bounty goes live.

A player with a bounty on their heads with have a red skull next to their name.

While you have a bounty on your head you do not heal in safe areas and can be killed by players in safe areas...

Once you are killed the bounty is removed and the person that killed you can collect the bounty.

Kill is determined by last hit not most damage.

Let the games begin!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Bounty hunters can be attacked by anyone with no penalty. Killing them creates a chance to obtain one their equipped items randomly (temporarily)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Just no. This is the PVP mentality that turned a lot of people away from it to begin with. Without a doubt, one of the worst ideas I've ever seen on these forums.

Now if you were to create a "league" where people voluntarily agree to put themselves up for bounty/battle...well that's a different story.

But allowing people to put bounties on other players is just all around a bad idea. Did you play for the New Orleans Saints during Bountygate or something?
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    This is EXACTLY how to make people hate and despise PvPers even more than they do ... imagine standing around in the Yawning Portal at one of the vendors clearing out your inventory when *Bam* suddenly some idiot and 4 of his friends decide to IBS/shocking Executioner/Ice Knife you from behind. Such fun that would be ...
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    worst idea I have heard in quite some time.
    Hoping for improvements...
    Ha ha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Just have an entire area for open world pvp. Like in Iwp or Dwarven valley but make it the whole map. Then have some nodes there for factions to capture. The faction that captures the nodes will have a buff while on that map - not too powerful maybe like 3%dmg or something. Then add some rewards like currency or rough ad. Or chance to drop some rare loot on that map. And disable comps and comp bonuses while on that map.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Unless there is some kind of way to opt out, this idea and ideas for making the game open world PvP would just end it for me. I came to this D&D game to monster hunt and not serve as some sort of gladiator/hired goon.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    I hate open world pvp. It encourage a lot of bad behavior and its toxicity is on top of the chart. We already had enough toxicity in our pvp map. Dont want it to spread to other map.
  • kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I like domination, they should make it more rewarding
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    This idea would not work as stated. All it would do is drive any players not interested in getting insta-ganked away from any area infested with PvP players.
    But but but... ok I'll try again...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

But but but... ok I'll try again...

It wasn't a bad idea. It wass just two (or three) years too late. In a game with a healthy PvP it could be invigorating. This is not that game anymore.
  • gorylancetgorylancet Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    There’s nothing wrong with having an open pvp map. Nobody is forcing those who do not want to pvp to go there. All I am saying is it will be good to have an entire map open pvp. If u wanna pvp then go join a faction and get marked. If you do not, then don’t. You can still do stuff there and don’t get attacked. Of cos there should be incentives for people to get pvp mark there.
    > @gorylancet said:
    > There’s nothing wrong with having an open pvp map. Nobody is forcing those who do not want to pvp to go there. All I am saying is it will be good to have an entire map open pvp. If u wanna pvp then go join a faction and get marked. If you do not, then don’t. You can still do stuff there and don’t get attacked. Of cos there should be incentives for people to get pvp mark there.

I would be happy if it was a chaotic free for all.. super smash brothers thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]