test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion to improve Targeting

joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
Targeting is one of the biggest problems in the game, and a large portion of the problem is target priority. For example, pointing the reticle/cursor at a dragon as a dps while a player is in the reticle targets the player instead of the dragon. Why would it prioritize the player? That's just annoying... So here is my idea: Target Priority option!

In the options menu there would be an option to select what takes priority when more than one type of target is in your view. The types of targets would be enemies, players, and objects. You would be able to freely select what takes priority over what so the reticle/cursor targets what you want it to when 2 or more target types overlap. At the very least this would solve the issue with players blocking interactable objects, like gateways and stuff. It could also prevent players from blocking enemies and vice versa in case that ever becomes a problem.

Comments

• Options
    shakinggamer#3136 shakinggamer Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    the problem i have with targeting is when i target an enemy i put the reticle on an enemy but when i try to attack the game says i can not attack because an enemy behiind the one i am trying to attack is out of range i sent a ticket about the problem 2 months ago but still having same problem today
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,135 Arc User

the problem i have with targeting is when i target an enemy i put the reticle on an enemy but when i try to attack the game says i can not attack because an enemy behiind the one i am trying to attack is out of range i sent a ticket about the problem 2 months ago but still having same problem today

You won't get a reply it's WAI.

Now after M16 dropped my rangers will often get a message that they can't target themselves when I am in the middle of a mob fight. That stuff gets old fast.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Get your target, press and hold CTRL.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    It is definitely no secret that the target system in NW has many issues (can't tell ya how many times my ranged attacks hit the wrong target due to it), but I think things can be done to at least make it a bit more tolerable. One step at a time, basically...
  • Options
    Pressing CTRL when you have the target you want locks you on to it so long as you hold it down.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

Pressing CTRL when you have the target you want locks you on to it so long as you hold it down.

Even if that was the issue it doesn't solve it for consoles. The real issue is changing targets... If you try to change targets quickly you attack the previous target, and sometimes targets are so close together you hit the wrong one.
  • Options
    Oh, so like the reality of chaotic melee...
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Bind key ++hardtargetlock

This will also lock you in target... until you press again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!