test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2 Suggestions....

Devs, very much enjoying the new content, well done on that. Two things that I think might improve the players quality of life: 1) Reduce timer on using health potions/stones of health from 18 seconds to 15 seconds. Many times where that few extra seconds is the difference between life and not-life, and 18 seconds is just such a random amount of time.
And 2) please consider splitting the current random intermediate queue into "random intermediate skirmish" and random intermediate dungeon." Give me a bit of a break from the Prophecy-Throne-Folly that I've become waaaaaay too accustomed to. I'd wait longer for a dungeon queue. Heck, you could lower (slightly) the amount of AD I would get for running one of those queues and I would still be happy about it. Not sure what the base values are, but if you're giving us 15k for intermediate now, give us 10k and 10k for running a skirmish and a dungeon on intermediate level.
Otherwise, it seems like you're doing a good job of trying to fix things and I really do enjoy the new campaign a lot, much funnier than the AI campaign was for me :)

Comments

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I agree that potions can be tricky, but I also think that people will adapt to the potion cool downs over time.
    But if I'm wrong, it is certainly something that wouldn't break the game to snip a couple of seconds off that cooldown.

You took the thought from my head and typed it up over the whole, "Please, whatever God looks down on this stuff, PLEASE let me run a random DUNGEON and not get another bloody Underdark Skirmish!" Not had a dungeon since mod 16 landed on that Queue... 8 characters... numerous runs... not ONE Dungeon.

When Random Queues were re-introduced with the removal of the Skirmish Queue, many of us expressed concern that Skirmishes would outweigh Dungeons simply because you can get a party together without the need for a Healer or Tank...
    Who'd have guessed...
    Maybe there could be a toggle "Happy to Wait" that puts you in Random Intermediate queue but you wait in line for a full 3/1/1 party and go for a proper Dungeon.

I'm not sure if it is a result of Clerics and Fighters having official DPS loadouts now, but I literally haven't had a Dungeon on RIQ since the new Mod...
    I'd be surprised if they would go back to a separate queue, but I'd be cool with it.

On QoL suggestions, I'd like to add one regarding the new Legacy Campaign and the Barovia/Chult major HEs.
    Yesterday loads of us were sitting in Soshenstar waiting for one of 3 zones to fire its major HE, and hope that if it wasn't our zone, that we'd get lucky on an invite. it was about 15-20 minutes hanging about... over thirty players... I was in the unlucky group and had to wait another 5 minutes for my zone to fire.
    THEN... shower, rinse and repeat in bloody Omu. (Thankfully that only took about ten minutes of sitting around doing nothing before an HE fired)
    It's annoying enough when you are in the process of running the Chult campaign and have other reasons to be in those zones, waiting for a bloody HE... but when its literally the only reason you are in that zone... waiting around is not a "Challenge" it's RPG purgatory.

Last week I had similar situations with Yester Hill in Barovia.

So how about... you know that big circle platform thing in Demogorgon? What IF... something like that sat near the location of all those big HEs? And if enough players stand on it together, (Devs can decide the number) the option to "Summon HE" activates.

Lets say there were 20 of us... (It was more but...) and it was 15 minutes we sat around waiting to complete the Legacy Campaign criteria... that's 5 Player Hours of people just sitting twiddling their thumbs in this "Action Adventure" RPG.
    Imagine if 10 of us could have summoned the HE on each of 2 zones.
    The players involved would experience something other than tedium while farming HEs. Maybe even a sense of having some degree of control?

Time is one of the most valuable commodities in these types of games, finding ways to keep players' attention from wandering and avoiding sitting around waiting for things to happen should be a key metric for game design.

(Edited cos got Omu and Soshenstar backwards...)
    Post edited by mordekai#1901 on
  • sh00th3r3#1554 sh00th3r3 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    That's actually a really good idea, I might have been one of those players waiting with you, in fact. 49 minutes waiting for the soshenstar he because, if I go do something else, it will either spawn and I'll miss it, or I won't be able to get back into the instance with more than 5 players in it. They could put a cooldown timer on the he so if you participate in one you can't do another for an hour, so you can't farm it incessantly.
  • sh00th3r3#1554 sh00th3r3 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    And the potion health timer I brought up because a friend and I did the random queue and got manycoins (failed 3 times before we voted to end, I didn't even know it was fail-able!!!) And then we got gambit, and without any healers or tanks we were spamming our stones like crazy and it just wasn't enough to overcome the agro we were taking, and we were the only 2 with any worthwhile damage, and man do they hit hard in manycoins! Maybe a bit too hard? A 22k and a 18k shouldn't have that hard of a time doing the random intermediate imo. Didn't pay attention to the other item levels in there but it wasn't enough to pass manycoins, that's for sure.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

That's actually a really good idea, I might have been one of those players waiting with you, in fact. 49 minutes waiting for the soshenstar he because, if I go do something else, it will either spawn and I'll miss it, or I won't be able to get back into the instance with more than 5 players in it. They could put a cooldown timer on the he so if you participate in one you can't do another for an hour, so you can't farm it incessantly.

Yes, great idea, all they would have to do is adapt the "Excavation Cooldown" timers from River District that prevent you from farming the same Dig Site over and over.