test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Estragon, Lord of Longing

mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
edited June 2019 in PvE Discussion
First off, thank you Cryptic for a Samuel Beckett joke!
Whoever came up with that one... that was classy!

Second, anyone else, is there a strategy other than "Take a lot of really hard HAMSTER friends, lots of potions and a crate of Life Scrolls with you..." when dealing with this meat grinder?

Has anyone got the stats for it?
I'm not sure, but I think it has a few more points than the other stuff outside of LoTMM. It hits like a truck without putting down a red zone...
Post edited by mordekai#1901 on

Comments

• Options
    lilsistorlilsistor Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    For this boss specifically, we have had our tank find a spot where he doesn't get knocked back from the strikes followed by standard tank and spank with the tank timing his blocks etc.

We found that very good damage dealers were requried as well since the boss will start channeling a heal at around 15-20% hp and will fully heal after 3-5 seconds, so if you don't have the damage to burn him during that time, you will repeat the process.

I have recently started streaming on twitch.tv/Nalifruit and we have been focusing on the Despair boss since there's only 4 of us around at the moment and we'd need 5 for Longing. I'll try to get a video of the Longing boss up soon to give you an idea of the tactics we've been using, but you're welcome to check out the other boss videos until then such as
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Thanks a lot.
    I think my first problem was trying to do it on my own...
    Yeah... I get it now...

Question... how many people in the group get the reward?
    I'm only saying that because I've very little other reason to be doing MEs on that character now, and if I put a group together just to help me, I'd feel a bit of a HAMSTER if I (using the key items) get the reward and they get nothing, but that would be nowhere near as pissed as I would be doing the same and me not getting anything.