test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizards getting a staff

lastmonsta#9171 lastmonsta Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I have always played a Wizard in Neverwinter. When I saw the clips of undermountain and the mad wizard i was excited. For one reason He had a staff, all the portraits of wizards had staffs i truly wished for the love of any wizard out there we finally would get a staff to aid our castings rather a silly floating orb or talisman.

We are not pompous warlocks, we are wizards. Give us a staff all 5he great wizards have one its time you are true to our kind and give us a nice heavy oak branch to stomp on the ground a point to the our foe who we are about to destroy. If Merlin, Gandalf ant the mad wizard have a staff then I BDC Nova Frost need to have a staff.
Post edited by lastmonsta#9171 on

Comments

• bonz0dog#1515 bonz0dog Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    It is actually explained very early on in the storyline through a quest in the Tower District that the Spellplague diminished the capabilities of staves, and also rods and wands. It was said very few Staffs survived, and those that did contain little or no power, making them nothing more than ornaments.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    they said in a twitch some time ago they giveup on placing Staffs on Wizards due "the way wizard hold thing on the system" what i think they could do is to give us a short cepter /rod like the mad wizard have as skin for the orb we have, it would float most of the time but would be in our hand for some casts

Not the best but would be something...
  • bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User

It is actually explained very early on in the storyline through a quest in the Tower District that the Spellplague diminished the capabilities of staves, and also rods and wands. It was said very few Staffs survived, and those that did contain little or no power, making them nothing more than ornaments.

You would think that yet there are many wands at least that have magic in them witch makes some spells look poor. Ignoring the wand of wonder there are many item ones fire, ice, lightning, ect that all have heafty magic now. If that is the reason then neverwinter devs threw that story plot out the window.

Truly I don't care ether way but at the least a wand should not be that hard to add. And given all the npc wands and staffs that should have no power yet somehow have all the power would not be a stretch for at least a cosmetic one.

Also I should point out the story is more episodic then anything. 1 to 60 lines up but everything else is just there. It has it's own rules and it's own story being what it wants.

✋☞ ✡⚐