test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sixth Anniversary Gifts

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
Happy 6th Anniversary Neverwinter

This is a list of free gifts you get for logging in each day of the event.
  • Thursday 6/20 - Refinement Pack
  • Friday 6/21 - 15x Companion Upgrade Tokens
  • Saturday 6/22 - 60x Seals of the Crown
  • Sunday 6/23 - 3x Preservation Wards
  • Monday 6/24 - Bahamut’s Scale & Claw
  • Tuesday 6/25 - 5x Scrolls of Life & 1x Stone of Health
  • Wednesday 6/26 - 3x Genie’s Gift
I never gripe about getting free items, but I will say this list is very thin from what they handed out to us on the 5th Anniversary. Last year we got coalescent wards, epic mounts, and companions. I am not saying this is "bad" or a poor gift selection but I was thinking one coalescent ward would have been nice to have see on this list.

Get your free items starting today!
Official News Page
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    They have stated that the five year stuff was especially special and wont be repeated for some time...

But yes, this is a thin list of stuff.

Still it is free and requires almost zero effort to get it :)
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Remember when foundry quest chest reward was a green drop you can obtain on any trash mob ?
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

Remember when foundry quest chest reward was a green drop you can obtain on any trash mob ?

Yes and I remember when, you could get AD and double XP for running the Foundry too. But what did this thread, "Anniversary Gifts", remind you about the Foundry?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Well, consindering how bad Undermountain still is and that we didn't get anything patched up this week, they should have at the very least given us Seals of the Mountain instead Crown, and turned the single Myconid companion we got from the apology thingy into an account-wide unlock.

It would also have been nice to place the 3 epic companion equipment pieces from the Undermountain campaign into an account-wide box at the Rewards Claim Agent, that could be claimed with every character that finished the campaign... for those players that didn't get all pieces for whatever reasons.

Or how about adding a few more ranks to ViP?

Anyway, funny how they throw tons of codes at former players to get them to log into the game again, but can't come up with something equally good for their active players...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    @sandukutupu It remembered me that I was almost never felt rewarded in this game, except for the last year jubilee gift
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Technically this is year 1 of neverwinter 2.0 so this is a blessing..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    edited June 2019
    @sandukutupu you're right, i'm just saying that it would have been nice to combine the anniversary giveaway with something additional showing that they still care about the game, and that they appreciate the players hanging in here despite all the bugs and issues we've to play through every day...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?

@sandukutupu It remembered me that I was almost never felt rewarded in this game, except for the last year jubilee gift

If you had played my Foundry quests, you were rewarded in both content and value. Sorry to say, they are all gone with the great Foundry fire of April 11th. :angry:

@demonmonger I hear you, this is a whole new world. I am finding less events to enjoy participating in daily. Neverwinter might end up a weekend game like my Guild Wars. @regenerde about the only thing keeping me here at present, is the few friends remaining with the game. Community is the backbone of any social game. I am glad to have all of you toughing it out with me. <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    This is basically the same rehashed list they do what twice a year now...they give the free zen store items at xmas too. the list of items hasn't changed much...Aren't the pres wards the 5 ward packs ...so 15...so ya 25 total wards would be better.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    The anniversary gifts were always lackluster except for last year which was basically a milestone year. I wouldn't expect "good" rewards like that again unless they make it to another milestone year like year 10.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User

They have stated that the five year stuff was especially special and wont be repeated for some time...

But yes, this is a thin list of stuff.

Still it is free and requires almost zero effort to get it :)

While I agree the list of gift items for Neverwinter's Six-Year Anniversary does seem, not just "thin" but anorexic in my opinion, some of that may be influenced by what I consider my own and everyone's basic "I want more, bigger and better" common attitude and what many of us feel we've been handed with the Mod16 changes.

I also agree the Neverwinter Five-year Anniversary was kind of a big deal, typical of most Five-year celebrations and I suspect to find freebies commensurate with the ones that came out for Neverwinter's fifth, we'll just have to stick around until the Neverwinter Ten-Year Anniversary...

On whole the Six-year anniversary gifts are as far as I'm concerned pretty standard in value (maybe even a little better) as previous years gifts, but be that as it may considering so many things appear to be a little more difficult than they were in previous Neverwinter incarnations, perhaps it is time for an updated version of the Neverwinter Anniversary gift list to go along with all of the other updates that have taken place with the game. ¢¢
    DD~
    Here are the official lists (the ones I could find) maybe someone with elite search skills can dig them up.

2014 - 1st Anniversary - No items listed.
    2015 - 2nd Anniversary - Items
    2016 - 3rd Anniversary - Where? I don't know??
    2017 - 4th Anniversary - Items
    2018 - 5th Anniversary - Items
    wb-cenders.gif
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    empalas said:

This is basically the same rehashed list they do what twice a year now...they give the free zen store items at xmas too. the list of items hasn't changed much...Aren't the pres wards the 5 ward packs ...so 15...so ya 25 total wards would be better.

I opened the 3 pres wards today - it was only 3 individual wards, not packs. So....3 whole p-wards. yay...woohoo...applause, applause.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Here are the official lists (the ones I could find) maybe someone with elite search skills can dig them up.

2014 - 1st Anniversary - No items listed.
    2015 - 2nd Anniversary - Items
    2016 - 3rd Anniversary - Where? I don't know??
    2017 - 4th Anniversary - Items
    2018 - 5th Anniversary - Items

2016 - Here.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    If you've played this game past year 1 then the gift list is thin every year (except for the milestone 5 year anniversary).

Honestly, looking back through the previous years just further reinforced that the rewards have always been lackluster. Outside of the courtesan outfit there was nothing any of those years that was of much value to me.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

I opened the 3 pres wards today - it was only 3 individual wards, not packs. So....3 whole p-wards. yay...woohoo...applause, applause.

Saved my reagents 3 times trying to get my fighter's sword orange ;)
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    Was expecting a free bound to account 12-slot bag.
    Those 60x Seals of the Crown ... (it's just 200 AD, that's it).
    Yes a bag would have been nice.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User

If you've played this game past year 1 then the gift list is thin every year (except for the milestone 5 year anniversary).

Honestly, looking back through the previous years just further reinforced that the rewards have always been lackluster. Outside of the courtesan outfit there was nothing any of those years that was of much value to me.

Kind of like players getting a free Winter Wolf mount during the Winter (Simril) Festival...
    For those who already have a Winter Wolf mount the award is "lackluster", for those who don't already have a Winter Wolf mount the award is kind of nice - in collectors, unusual item type of way so I suppose the evaluation as to the worth of freebies also partially depends on perspective.

Newbies will feel they are getting something special because they probably haven't gotten a lot of free stuff previously...

Players who've been in the game a while might feel kind of special, but chances are very little of what they are getting is anything they don't already have, or an item similar...

Veteran players probably have stacks (figuratively) of Courtesan Fashion items, Neverember Guard companions, and probably already have several Scrolls of Life and Stones of Health whether from event giveaways or some other source(s)...

My point being, I kind of doubt Cryptic/Neverwinter could have found much that would excite and elicit praise from every player regardless of level and length in the game... even IF they were inclined to try -

But yeah, a bag would have been nice ~ B)
    DD~
    edited June 2019
    Well, they should have more then enough old promotion codes flying around, which they could activate again for these kind of events and rotate through them to offer players that allready have the regular gift something else... or just replace that specific companion/mount with a token and let the players choose from a small selection what they want.

They could place the mount selection in the NPC from the old "get your first mount" quest for that, and for the companion selection they could use the one from the "get your first companion" quest.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
    dionchi said:

Kind of like players getting a free Winter Wolf mount during the Winter (Simril) Festival...
    For those who already have a Winter Wolf mount the award is "lackluster", for those who don't already have a Winter Wolf mount the award is kind of nice - in collectors, unusual item type of way so I suppose the evaluation as to the worth of freebies also partially depends on perspective.

Newbies will feel they are getting something special because they probably haven't gotten a lot of free stuff previously...

Players who've been in the game a while might feel kind of special, but chances are very little of what they are getting is anything they don't already have, or an item similar...

Veteran players probably have stacks (figuratively) of Courtesan Fashion items, Neverember Guard companions, and probably already have several Scrolls of Life and Stones of Health whether from event giveaways or some other source(s)...

My point being, I kind of doubt Cryptic/Neverwinter could have found much that would excite and elicit praise from every player regardless of level and length in the game... even IF they were inclined to try -

But yeah, a bag would have been nice ~ B)

Exactly my point. Those of us that have been around already have everything they offer from most events. At least they're starting to change things up a little. But I'm of a mind that these events are more targeted at newer players anyway which is fine.
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    Certain things are always helpful, like the pres wards, the companion upgrade, and the genie gifts. They aren't much--meaning that you can't upgrade a companion with those 15, and the pres wards might help get an enchantment to 8 or 9, but probably get eaten trying for a 10 or 11 (still ok, since they were free), and if you need a bit or campaign help or stronghold feeder, the genie gifts are nice especially with the 2X weekend.

The issue I had was that it seemed difficult to get the gifts--I would log in on my characters after the appropriate time and the gifts weren't in the Zen store. Some days they pop right up, other days--no gifts.

I must be getting senile. My other toon probably got to the store before me. :)
    edited June 2019
    aslan3775 said:

Certain things are always helpful, like the pres wards, the companion upgrade, and the genie gifts. They aren't much--meaning that you can't upgrade a companion with those 15, and the pres wards might help get an enchantment to 8 or 9, but probably get eaten trying for a 10 or 11 (still ok, since they were free), and if you need a bit or campaign help or stronghold feeder, the genie gifts are nice especially with the 2X weekend.

The issue I had was that it seemed difficult to get the gifts--I would log in on my characters after the appropriate time and the gifts weren't in the Zen store. Some days they pop right up, other days--no gifts.

I must be getting senile. My other toon probably got to the store before me. :)

The Seals and the Genies Gift were in the Rewards Claim Agent... don't worry, you weren't the only one that didn't check all tabs in there properly. :angry:

I think i looked for the Seals in the RCA, but i didn't find them... had no problem with claiming the Genie Gifts later.
    Want to know why?
  • jaraxellejaraxelle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    I really don't get why folks are so ungrateful about FREE gifts. Last year was special... it was 5 years... and you still had to do quests for the special stuff.

BLACK VANGUARD & RED VANGUARD
    - Leadership Team
    jaraxelle said:

I really don't get why folks are so ungrateful about FREE gifts. Last year was special... it was 5 years... and you still had to do quests for the special stuff.

One word, Undermountain...
    Want to know why?
    @jaraxelle I am not ungrateful about the free gifts. What I am not seeing from prior years is mount, bag, and companion. Sure they were green mount, blue companion, and a 12 slot bag, but this is the least I would expect. This thread is about "expectations" not like the thread on general where most players expect this to be an apology gift.

This is just "my opinion" about the current game state;
    Neverwinter had a pretty good surge last year in both population and spending. This year, it has reduced greatly, mostly because the last two modules tanked on release. I am not even talking about glitches and bugs. Module 14 Ravenloft was a decent made module that released with major bugs. We couldn't zone for weeks on the map. But it was fun. Module 15 and 16 heralded major upsets to game mechanics, these upsets were viewed as either good or evil, but needed.

Upon release, module 15 lacked serious questing needed to complete the weekly and they opened the fetch quest to more repetition. The characters Omin Dran, Jim Darkmagic, and Walnut were virtual unknowns that should have been eased into like a hot bath, they just tossed the players in without a clue. I play D&D tabletop and I had no clue who they were, I am not a big Twitch/YouTuber fan. Introductions are required at bare minimum, and no one cares to hear a child tell the same knock knock joke 40 times. Add to this they decided to upset the game mechanics and revamp professions. I personally liked 3D professions, but then they didn't bother to keep it current in the next module.

After the lukewarm module they release 16 and announced the closing of the Foundry. The Foundry was meant to keep up new content between modules... uh yep sure would be nice to have something to fall back on when all the content of module 16 took about a week to complete. For those of you who never played the Foundry or thought the Foundry was unrewarding, you never played mine. The Foundry closing was not a result of module 16, just something they always wanted to do. This module released with the most bugs and glitches because they changed the game mechanics so much it broke things all over the game. But again the content was fast, thin, and unrewarding. They already apologized by giving us a mushroom companion for free.

It has been my opinion, the Cryptic staff are dropping "tells" in their interviews. They can't help it, this is just psychology 101, human nature. It is no secret the next game is "Magic the Gathering", as some of you know they planned a "Jurassic World MMO" and it tanked after they had models finished. In 2017 we got Chult because of the failed MMO they recycled the models into Neverwinter. Three years ago they planned to have 4 working games but were forced to stick with Neverwinter.

At this point, the staff needs a win with "Magic the Gathering", unfortunately I am betting they are just recycling the same tired game engine for the third time. If they are successful, the community of Neverwinter will divide but lack growth and I will expect the game to stagnate. If they fail, they will be stuck on Neverwinter and might lose any chance for future development of a 4th game. Either outcome, Neverwinter will continue to chug along because Cryptic Studios isn't going to shutdown over it. PWE might replace key staff members, but the game will go on and on.

Free gifts are always welcomed, but I never expected an apology for the last two modules. I don't desire to blame the staff for the lack luster of the last two modules. It was a group effort to improve the game that had undesirable results. They do need to be very creative at this point with module 17 on the whiteboard and start thinking outside the box. Another mediocre module could have more cash players seeking out other venues for their online gaming. I do wish Thomas and his team the best, I would love to assist you, but you never desired my help or advice.
    wb-cenders.gif