test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 - No Group Synergy = Less Engaging Game

2»

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

The stuff you are talking about isn't class synergy its abusing overpowered HAMSTER like we players always do.
    When perma buble was a thing we abused it until they nerfed it...
    Then it came the AA era once again we abused it and they nerfed it... (well it was still good after the nerf but they did it)
    Then you could abuse having 2 buff clerics on the party and they nerfed it ...

In mod 15 it was powershare + 2 other classes you could find or had preference for and that takes me back to the begining: thats not synergy because you had to have a paladin and a cleric on your party (for end game content at least)

I think the only thing they should have done was remove powershare, nerf debuffs and buff certain classes a bit, but thats a whole different conversation

Who fault was it that the game had such bad code that allowed players for so long to enjoy high buff groups that were able to melt content quickly. Who fault was it? The players simply used what was the most efficient way to produce max damage in content.

There is some group synergy in the game but its based on the type of damage and right now what I find to be the current quickest and fastest burn group is a OP tank, OP healer, 1 or 2 wizards and 1 or 2 clerics as the damage dealers. My fastest LoMM has been with this setup all do to extra magical damage buff that wizard and cleric can use.

IMO buffs should not be damage type specific or be provided by a damage dealer. Instead buffs should be coming from a new role in the game where that class is the only class that is able to provide buffs through encounters, feats, at will, dailies, class features, etc... no other type of role should be able to buff a group unless its from an artifact, weapon enchantments, or mount power. This way adding a buff type role to the game would be worth it to a group and hard caps would be put in place to ensure no stacking of buffer role happens.

Another option is just allowing each class to have an encounter that that activates a specific control type or something specific. There would be another encounter that gets bonus damage based on the control type of the enemy.

Using a wizard as an example they can freeze/chill targets. So what all other classes could have is an encounter that states when target is chilled/frozen, etc... this abilities does 100 more magnitude. Each class would be able to apply 1 specific type of control that no other class can apply. Looking at DC with chains they can do holds, this would be limited to a DC. Than Fighters can do stuns. Rogues daze and ranger roots, etc... the idea is that each class gets something unique that other classes cannot not do to ensure that when the damage encounter is used it buffs that one encounter damage.

I personally would rather see a buffer role than using the control type of synergy.

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

The stuff you are talking about isn't class synergy its abusing overpowered HAMSTER like we players always do.
    When perma buble was a thing we abused it until they nerfed it...
    Then it came the AA era once again we abused it and they nerfed it... (well it was still good after the nerf but they did it)
    Then you could abuse having 2 buff clerics on the party and they nerfed it ...

In mod 15 it was powershare + 2 other classes you could find or had preference for and that takes me back to the begining: thats not synergy because you had to have a paladin and a cleric on your party (for end game content at least)

I think the only thing they should have done was remove powershare, nerf debuffs and buff certain classes a bit, but thats a whole different conversation

Who fault was it that the game had such bad code that allowed players for so long to enjoy high buff groups that were able to melt content quickly. Who fault was it? The players simply used what was the most efficient way to produce max damage in content.

There is some group synergy in the game but its based on the type of damage and right now what I find to be the current quickest and fastest burn group is a OP tank, OP healer, 1 or 2 wizards and 1 or 2 clerics as the damage dealers. My fastest LoMM has been with this setup all do to extra magical damage buff that wizard and cleric can use.

IMO buffs should not be damage type specific or be provided by a damage dealer. Instead buffs should be coming from a new role in the game where that class is the only class that is able to provide buffs through encounters, feats, at will, dailies, class features, etc... no other type of role should be able to buff a group unless its from an artifact, weapon enchantments, or mount power. This way adding a buff type role to the game would be worth it to a group and hard caps would be put in place to ensure no stacking of buffer role happens.

Another option is just allowing each class to have an encounter that that activates a specific control type or something specific. There would be another encounter that gets bonus damage based on the control type of the enemy.

Using a wizard as an example they can freeze/chill targets. So what all other classes could have is an encounter that states when target is chilled/frozen, etc... this abilities does 100 more magnitude. Each class would be able to apply 1 specific type of control that no other class can apply. Looking at DC with chains they can do holds, this would be limited to a DC. Than Fighters can do stuns. Rogues daze and ranger roots, etc... the idea is that each class gets something unique that other classes cannot not do to ensure that when the damage encounter is used it buffs that one encounter damage.

I personally would rather see a buffer role than using the control type of synergy.

For information what was your fastest LoMM time ?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I've watched a <14 min LoMM that had 1 Paladin Healer, 2 Rangers, 1 Rogue, and 1 Wizard with the wizard as 4th in damage.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

I've watched a <14 min LoMM that had 1 Paladin Healer, 2 Rangers, 1 Rogue, and 1 Wizard with the wizard as 4th in damage.</p>

That is a 4 DPS run. Meaning you don't have a tank which means more damage is being pushed out faster than with the standard trinity. The runs I mentions are all with 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 damage dealers. All my runs with this setup have been under 20 minutes.

Just to give an idea why I stated what I did, my average time is around 25 minutes with 3 dps a tank and a healer when not using the said group above.

I imagine others have faster time with other setup. The groups I'm running with this all don't have power in the 180-200K range. Most players have power between 140-160K. With more power and a 4th damage dealer this group maybe able to go through it much faster; maybe even do LoMM in record time.