test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fighters

carl#6379 carl Member Posts: 118 Arc User
So...I've always understood why the devs make certain changes and I've quickly adapted to many of those, but I am having a lot of trouble with the new class setups. My former (GF) fighter went from top of the chart on damage to having serious trouble with killing even basic mobs while level synced. Is it just me or is this a class wide issue?

Comments

• tharealcuber#2975 tharealcuber Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Hard to say at this early point. I played a bit of the new story in undermountain and (although slower fights) had no issues.

Did a random queue throne of the dwarven god and died. 2 times. First time ever.
  • bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    The way I am seeing it is fighters (formally GF) took the nerf bat for their DPS to bring them more inline with the spank and tank roll they are meant to have while the barbarian (aka GWF) was buffed for the DPS to bring them into the smash and bash roll they are meant to have. So fighters are going to be a lot harder to use because it will need more work to have them tank proper and in turn that means less damage output. So if your fighter was built to be a dps sorry to say but you will have to respec.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • carl#6379 carl Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    I have a toon for each class. Each class had at least 2 loadouts. My Fighter had a really high DPS setup for soloing and my other loadout was an immortal tank setup.

Blade, what you're saying makes a some sense. That's why I needed to be sure it was class wide. Someone like me would respec 1000 times trying to figure out what "I" did wrong.

My Warlock was an immortal necromancer how I had him built. Now I can't keep his health bar up at all. Really, these changes are a ton and all at once. It's like playing a new game with worse mechanics. So far, it's no longer fun for me and my household of players. But we're going to try to give it a chance.
    carl#6379 said:

I have a toon for each class. Each class had at least 2 loadouts. My Fighter had a really high DPS setup for soloing and my other loadout was an immortal tank setup.

Blade, what you're saying makes a some sense. That's why I needed to be sure it was class wide. Someone like me would respec 1000 times trying to figure out what "I" did wrong.

My Warlock was an immortal necromancer how I had him built. Now I can't keep his health bar up at all. Really, these changes are a ton and all at once. It's like playing a new game with worse mechanics. So far, it's no longer fun for me and my household of players. But we're going to try to give it a chance.

It is class wide. If you want better wording look up the changes but as a sum up

GWF= damage buff hp nerf better front line destoryer
    GF= damage nerff hp buff better protector
    OP= weaker heals more def more hp lesser tank or healer
    tr= lot less hp less def less stealth slight better single target damage
    dc= much better healer
    sw= support or dps
    cw= roughly the same

Hope this helps.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
    So...on the bright side, it could be worse. Had my OP been at endgame level. Ha ha. Thanks. That does help.
    carl#6379 said:

So...on the bright side, it could be worse. Had my OP been at endgame level. Ha ha. Thanks. That does help.

Even more bright side gear has been really simplafide. So all that never ending grinding to get gear for a class you are not is pretty much gone now.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    My pally went from top of every chart (yes most adv q runs i would top dps, healing, tanking) now i somehow take tons of damage, barely heal, take 20 mins to kill anything because my at wills are weak and my encounters require Devine <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that only comes back while not doing anything but shielding and eating hits and even then is a slow buildup. Hate this mod. Gonna take alot of getting used to.

My pally went from top of every chart (yes most adv q runs i would top dps, healing, tanking) now i somehow take tons of damage, barely heal, take 20 mins to kill anything because my at wills are weak and my encounters require Devine HAMSTER that only comes back while not doing anything but shielding and eating hits and even then is a slow buildup. Hate this mod. Gonna take alot of getting used to.

It is set up that way because a pally is not suposed to be as good as the fighter for tanking or healer for healing. They set it up so now you are one or the other but you are not as good as your 2 counterparts.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • tharealcuber#2975 tharealcuber Member Posts: 28 Arc User

My pally went from top of every chart (yes most adv q runs i would top dps, healing, tanking)

And this is the reason for the changes they made. I'm not saying I agree, but this is why they made an effort to try and balance it out.

I hear what you all are saying, it takes a lot of work to get your toon to where they can solo if they want or need tow you're a tank. People in our community can be cruel, so some of us prefer to solo when we can.

This mod has made it so where we are literally only good at blocking an attack. That's why this whole thing is extra frustrating for us. I get the need to want to balance these classes out but this doesn't seem to be that. This seems like nothing but handicapping some classes.

Now they got rid of lifesteal and that should make it so the other classes are mostly dependant on having a tank around, but it's too soon to know how well that will work out.

My Warlock used to be able to do it all and it was easily recognized as a solo capable class, now I can't stay healed for s**t. I love this game and hate that I can't help but complain, so I'm going to try to see this thing through.

I'm guessing changes came because some people couldn't figure they're classes out. It's really not rocket science. But whatever.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    What content do you have trouble soloing with your Dreadnaught loadout ?
    Elite Whaleboy
    It appears to be both loadouts on Fighter.
    So, after so testing I figured it out. My Dreadnaught actually does hit pretty hard. I overlooked some key things and was not setup for damage. I'm doing pretty well now. I'm not sure if I'll be at the top of any dps charts, but I prefer to play solo anyway. Especially on this class. Anyway, the issue was a 'me' problem.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    You just have to adapt to the new play style and block and use the rage block at the right times. I am working my way through Undermountain with my first Fighter (DPS) and other than the rings I have not changed any gear out that was not already level 70 before MOD16 went into affect. I am now level 79 and about to finish the last two campaign parts.

That being said most my gear is very good and my enchants and bonding runes are all 12 or above. Having a companion that draws some aggro also helps because it gives me a bit of a break to let cool downs count down.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts

You just have to adapt to the new play style and block and use the rage block at the right times. I am working my way through Undermountain with my first Fighter (DPS) and other than the rings I have not changed any gear out that was not already level 70 before MOD16 went into affect. I am now level 79 and about to finish the last two campaign parts.

That being said most my gear is very good and my enchants and bonding runes are all 12 or above. Having a companion that draws some aggro also helps because it gives me a bit of a break to let cool downs count down.

My Dreadnaught is a powerhouse. I'm on the last part of Undermountain and have had no problems. I can't believe I was having such a hard time after the update on the Acquisition Chult mission. I also have kept all the epic gear from hunts except the better rings. Reluctant to change anything but I know I'll have to at some point.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    My Fighter is topping Damage Boards easily.