test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WhisperKnife - remarks to rogue power - bugs

Hi
I wanted to point out some of my thought on WhisperKnife.

Last patch did not make any changes to rogue gameplay so i wanted to share. Maybe good hearthed developer will hear me out and make adjustment if he think that they are ok.
Rogue

Sneak Attack: This class feature now displays its effect on the character sheet.
Assassin
Oppressive Darkness: This class feature now shows its magnitude in its tooltip.
Skillful Infiltrator now displays its effect on the character sheet.
Wicked Reminder: The Critical Avoidance debuff caused by this power now properly has an icon.
Whisperknife
Disheartening Strike now shows its added effect in a way consistent with other powers.
Return to Shadows: This feat no longer pops up text repeatedly when Smoke Bomb is used.

Encounters:
Shadow strike
1) Could this animation time be 50% faster? The animation take 2s and 0.5s to throw the dagger.

Impact shot
2)Damage from this encounter is Physical Damage and it doesn't work with shadow strike that increase damage to projective. I think this is a bug cause by wrong type of Damage type.

Ability Score - projective damage and Physical Damage
3)I also belive that the Ability Score: Strength that increase Physical Damage does not work with encounters/at-wills/dailys for whisperKnife that deal projective damage. (smoke boomb deal poison damage)

Veangeance's Pursuite
4) if you press button on this encounter 3 times you will see the character jumping 3 times. it take 3s and you can cancel it with other powers.
You cant use it on boss fights or combination with other encounters - the timer is 3s+.

If you run with arrow key pressed and execute this encounter you will noticed that you dont stop runing but your character jump up and throw the dagger when still runing. (it working really good)
I would like to ask to fix this power when not moving to be without animation. If we run it should work like it working now.

4.5)also could reactivation of this ability give additional AP gain. The same way as we trigger a new encounter?

Whirwind of blades

5) animation take 1.5s - could you please increase duration to 12s so we can have the buff power for 10s? and not 8s?
6) The description does not mention the fact that it can only hit 4 targets.
I assuming this is a bug and it does not work like in the description.
Please consider increasing the number of targets or remove the limiter or at last the description?

Daily damage
7) whirwindo of blades around 40k damage (100k if crit) * 4 hits - magnituded damage is 350 and each hit can be crit strike or not crit strike
Courage breaker do 20k damage * 6 hits (not crit)- magnitude damage is 1000
where shadow strike encounter have 325 magnitude damage and deal around 100k damage for me with 1 hit when crit.

kiling storm less than 15 damage 125 magnituded per hitw (the area of effect is smaller than smoke boomb)
on 3-4 dumies (RANGE is short) 10 this of 15k damage
as damage values are tested on dummies in SH i try to test Killing Storm on diffrent enemies in SH and the result was that:
Kiling storm deal 10k or 5k damage on enemies - but i think there is no limits on how many enemies i can hit.
executioner deal 500k when crit and 200k when does not crit magnitude is 1000

i think the more one power deal hits - instead of single hit damage. The less it possible to calculate the end result and its magnitude.
you can hit 10 times and 5 of them will be crit strike and it will be worst than encounter power that hit 1 solid crit damage.
I use my Executioner and it will deal 200k damage when

There something wrong here but i dont know what.

8)80 level daily - is currently the weakest daily for Whisperknife.
Lurker's Assasult
Can teleport
Can boost stealth regeneration
Can increase 10% of damage for 10s.
Block AP gain for the duration of the daily.

10% increase of damage is less than any of the dailys by a huge amount.
For 10s i can active 3 of my encounters.
shadow strike encounter have 325 magnitude and hit with crit strike 100k for me.
so it will deal 10k more damage.
when i use at-wills then for example crit strike 20k it will be 2k more damage each second so it will probably be 7s = 14k.
Some encounter have animations which take 2s or 3s which i mentioned.. so the damage is even lower from at-wills.
this result with maybe 40k damage from 80LVL daily for WK.

Here is my proposition of rework for the feat:
The damage can stay 10%
Block AP gain can stay
Stealth regeneration boost can stay
Teleport to the target

What would be new:
Active this daily when you have 2% AP or more
Toggle - Active/deactive daily (cooldown 20s to reactive - so we can't use teleport to target)
Deactive automaticly when you have less than 3% AP
Each second it take 2% of AP

Can any moderator pass this topic to DEV to read?
thanks!

Comments

• Options
    theothergaliusz#7671 theothergaliusz Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    MOD15 stealth changes
    Stealth: Now takes 12.5 seconds to build a full bar (up from 10 seconds)
    Stealth: Duration increased to 6 seconds (up from 5 seconds)
    Stealth: Taking damage no longer interrupts Stealth Regeneration
    Stealth: Taking damage now halves Stealth Regeneration for 2 seconds (instead of stopping it for 3 seconds)
    Stealth (PvP): Trickster Rogues will now be visible to opponents when they deal damage from stealth. Powers that do not remove stealth will not reveal the rogue and damage over time effects, such as smoke bomb and path of the blade, will not remove stealth. This only occurs while in a PvP mode.

9)Currently(mod16) if i am being atacked by multiple enemies (range enemies) my stealh is droping to the bottom. I can't reactive my steath in a fight.

I lose access to stealth bonus with encounters and again i lose my access to class stealth bonuses for encounters....
    It look like a have nerf, but nobody bother as tank take all the hits.

You addded stealth abilities (% fast regen, less steal drop or lose less stealh when atack) but they are totaly wasted with this system.
    they do not work in case of being atacked. Its mean all the time if the player is our enemies or solo.

Not sure how it currently look in PVP - depend on how long the battle drags

In my opinion what would fix this... would be if you deflect an atack you dont lose stealth
    if someone focus Accuracy - it will back to being a problem, but then more DEFLECT should fix it.
    Please be fair with us. :)