test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rage Inducing At Will Bugs, Please Fix

trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
Bug #1:
I have been getting this weird bug with my right at will power ever since mod 16 launched. My right at will often gets stuck and won't stop firing until I click it again. Any power I slot in my right at will slot has this issue. I just did 2 LOMMs after today's patch and it seems like this bug somehow got a lot worse but its hard to tell with that sample size. This bug is manageable if I use an at will that requires a target but as soon as I switch to an at will that doesn't require a target, this bug goes crazy.

Bug #2:
Some of my keys and buttons occasionally cause my at will powers to go off instead of doing what they are supposed to. This seems to happen a lot with mouse button 5 and my movement keys (WASD).

I asked my friends about these bugs and they said they also have been getting them. So far, none of them have had their at wills go quite as crazy as mine did for me in LOMM today but its still a common annoyance for them. One of them said that the code for certain keybinds are too similar to eachother and that is what causes bug #2.

Devs, please fix these bugs, I want to punch a wall when these bugs happen, and they happen a lot!
--
PVP Rogue,
--[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
----------------------------------------------------------------
Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
Platform: PC
Tagged:

Comments

• picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    Can tell the same from fighter, if using shift to raise shield and an then at-will power the game doesnt recognize mouse button pressed. Have to release mouse button and click again to work.
    There is similar behavior when using mouse Buttons for at-will right after using any q e r powers (when animation isnt finished). So i think it has something to do with animations and dont be able to do next power as long as animation is shown.
    seems not Happening in all combinations but on many. This art of issues are in game since drop of mod16.
  • casewoodshadowcasewoodshadow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    I have a similar problem with Ray of Frost on the Wizard. If I'm shooting a target with RoF and it dies, I will sometimes be locked in my firing stance with the RoF continuing after my target is dead. I notice it more when we kill the last Tesla coil at the last boss in LOMM as it's done it to me there a few times. I normally teleport to cancel the RoF when it does this (i.e. shift+move).
  • yau9yau9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I have the same problem as you trgluestickz. Other mates in Imperium Alliance too. We talk in discord about it. We call it the new features in Neverwinter. Also take a look at marauders we had fails after 1 minute of starting marauders. imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic" alt="" /> thank you very much. ;) for posting this issues: trgluestickz
  • cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    Mayhaps you have buttons sticking?
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    So I decided to get my mouse checked as it was starting to double click constantly after I posted this and it was getting worse the more I played. The right at will issues had gotten so bad that I had to disable my right at will power entirely for over a week. Turns out the sensors in both mouse buttons were very worn out and I had to order a replacement.

I just got my new mouse today and so far, I haven't seen these issues pop up again.
    I will post again after I've run with my new mouse more. My guess is these bugs are real but they don't occur that often and the real cause the majority of the time was my mouse.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The CW one reported above is definitely real but also very old and reported numerous times.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

So I decided to get my mouse checked as it was starting to double click constantly after I posted this and it was getting worse the more I played. The right at will issues had gotten so bad that I had to disable my right at will power entirely for over a week. Turns out the sensors in both mouse buttons were very worn out and I had to order a replacement.

I just got my new mouse today and so far, I haven't seen these issues pop up again.
    I will post again after I've run with my new mouse more. My guess is these bugs are real but they don't occur that often and the real cause the majority of the time was my mouse.

I killed many gaming mice for this game so far. Some are expensive too. I have kept 2 to 3 new but cheaper gaming mice as reserve.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***