test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scripts and Runes

roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
edited June 2019 in PvE Discussion
The summonable Lords within Master Expeditions are challenging combat enough on their own but I'm getting frustrated by the seemingly low appearance rate of the Ethereal Shimmer NPC that can summon them so I bring up this nagging issue that has been festering in me since I entered Neverwinter in hopes of finding a method to make the Shimmer NPC appear but also to find more overall meaning.

There are scripts and many runes found within Neverwinter that seem likely to be significant but I have as yet not found any keys to decipher them within the game. Other than using the in-game chat and forum (which I don't know if I should consider as "in-game" but am now resorting to) what's a player to do if they want to be able to read or know what they are seeing? Does source material from D&D have cipher keys for languages, scripts and runes? Help please. Thanks.
Post edited by roadkill#6177 on

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    It takes 3 runes placed at the start of an expedition and a favorable dose of RNG.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I know about 3 runes already.

I'm interested in what is written on the runes, around various environmental items (eg. fireplaces, scrying orbs), around encounter powers, around player and critter standing space in combat, on various walls and floors, etc. I have seen a lot of writing but not found a means to decipher any of it within the game.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

I know about 3 runes already.

I'm interested in what is written on the runes, around various environmental items (eg. fireplaces, scrying orbs), around encounter powers, around player and critter standing space in combat, on various walls and floors, etc. I have seen a lot of writing but not found a means to decipher any of it within the game.

Those are almost certainly not relevant in any way.

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    Well, I figured out what the runes say, but as for relevance to getting the Ethereal Shimmer to appear I still couldn't say. It's unfortunate that the lore to decipher the language scripts in this game aren't included and must be found from other outside sources.