test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extended Maintenance - May 29

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2019 in News & Announcements
UPDATE
PC and PS4 are unlocked, Xbox maintenance for all games has been extended until 12:151:30pm PDT.

All platforms (including test shards) across all Cryptic titles will be down tomorrow, May 29 from 5am to 11am PDT for extended maintenance (when is this for me?) This is server-side maintenance and does not include live game updates*. The changes currently available on the Owlbear test shard will be also be available on Mimic once maintenance is complete. Any maintenance updates will be posted on this thread.

*This means that there are no content updates or patches to the NW live game - there are no patch notes.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• adoranzgrimm#0645 adoranzgrimm Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    will this fix some crashes ppl are getting its getting harder to play latly
  • juanblade1juanblade1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I hope you fix the somewhat 50+ bugs in game...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    no pa> @ilovebigballs said:
    > Will there be some kind of patch notes for this maintenance? If so when will they be posted. Thank you

read the post..it says server-side. no game updates, so no patch notes.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    really hope you wont be leaving out the crashes from maintenance for how I would like to see that one get addressed
  • lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    LOL guys, looks like none of you actually paid attention to the post:

**** This is server-side maintenance and does not include live game updates ****
  • pirke#4943 pirke Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    When the server for EU people will be up? :)
  • lizardglennlizardglenn Member Posts: 11 Arc User

It would be nice if one day we had patch notes somewhere like https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/categories/patch-notes-pc
    for example that are not a week old

• asimking24asimking24 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Neverwinter, fondly, for years, we've been playing with excitement. First of all, I would like to make the percentage calculation active. No matter how% armor penetration,% critical hit,% power damage ... thks
  • hayyyyahayyyya Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Maybe u guys can implement that the vanity pets that are follow us to make it as grap pets and give them a certain amount off space of the rarity they acc have could be anice think
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

It would be nice if one day we had patch notes somewhere like https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/categories/patch-notes-pc
    for example that are not a week old

THERE IS NO PATCH.

My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Update:

Owlbear will be kept down after the maintenance is over. All changes available on Owlbear will be on Mimic after maintenance so players can continue to test them out.
    well if game goes down etc it should tell us why
    play word games all you like call it a patch or not but they did say they would give us info at day before
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

play word games all you like call it a patch or not but they did say they would give us info at day before

The notice that there would be extended maintenance across ALL CRYPTIC TITLES has been up for several days now. That tells us it isn't NW related specifically. There is nothing more they need to say about it IMO.
  • aludraxs#2753 aludraxs Member Posts: 2 New User
    When is it going to end it’s 11:34 u guys said 11:00
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    @aludraxs#2753 Are you taking into account PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)? It is only 8:40am PDT and maintenance is from 5am to 11am PDT. Seem like your timezone is EST/EDT.

• mitchrapppcpmitchrapppcp Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Are servers being downsized, because instead of people being excited for a new mod release. Their leaving!
  • aludraxs#2753 aludraxs Member Posts: 2 New User
    I checked the time it’s already supposed to end
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    11am PDT is not for another almost 3 hours.
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User

you checked it wrong m8
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User

Wrong time zone. As of this post down time is scheduled to last another 2 hours. Enjoy!
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Update:

Owlbear will be kept down after the maintenance is over. All changes available on Owlbear will be on Mimic after maintenance so players can continue to test them out.

when will update for preview during maintenance or after?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Update:

when will update for preview during maintenance or after?
    The update to Mimic should be happening during the maintenance period. If it extends beyond 11am, I will notify folks here.
  • krevgkrevg Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Thank you for the update. I really wish people would actually read before commenting. You all did a great job with communicating what was going on before and during this maintenance.
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User

they did tell us why...for maintenance. the main thing that comes to mind is stuff like resetting servers to refresh memory or defragmenting hard drives or maybe dusting out fans in the server and things that would pretty much be the same stuff every time they do maintenance.

I thinking it's only fair to let our game withdrawals cut them some slack for doing things that could help improve our game experience after everyone gets logged back in.

• rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    And periodically check the game. They might get done early. (hint hint)
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
    my perfect post count of 0 was busted and the forum mod removed his own post saying they told us what this was about
  • cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    > @lizardglenn said:
    > well if game goes down etc it should tell us why
    > play word games all you like call it a patch or not but they did say they would give us info at day before

I honestly believe the schedule for this had been at the top of all the forums for at least 7 DAYS!
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It