What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Undermountain Owlbear Patch Notes: NW.110.20190519a.2

12346»

Comments

• Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Foss @mimicking#6533 still says companion healing is being looked into to see if a change needs to be made and frankly getting a little upset at it being put off like that.

The tooltips on the powers no longer say what the heal percentages are but I am going to assume the heal percentages are supposed to be the same.

I only have two healing companions to test. Most of my toons have Angel of Prot and I have the original Cleric Disciple on old ones and one of them I have both at Legendary and the numbers below are from that toon.

The direct heals seem to off by a factor of 10 based on what the heals were before undermountain. Currently the tooltip doesn't say what they are but assuming the percentage based heal is still the same. The issue looks like they are just off by a factor of 10.

Below are the numbers when fighting in Barovia with my 80 GWF 165k HP.

Angel of Protection - Angels Touch - 5% max health. actual heal is 359 which is .5% so off by a factor of 10. seems to happen about every every 5 seconds when in combat

Cleric Disciple - Healing Word - 20% heal over 10 seconds - 10 heals for 359 each which is roughly 2% over 10 seconds so again off by a factor of 10
    Cleric Disciple - Sacred Flame - Third hit procs heal - this was around 8.8K heal on that third hit which is about 5 %. The probably is correct its not a direct heal so probably calculated differently. Goes off about once every 5-10 seconds and just depends on when it casts the other spells.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    > @empalas said:
    > Foss @mimicking#6533 still says companion healing is being looked into to see if a change needs to be made and frankly getting a little upset at it being put off like that.
    >
    > The tooltips on the powers no longer say what the heal percentages are but I am going to assume the heal percentages are supposed to be the same.
    >
    > I only have two healing companions to test. Most of my toons have Angel of Prot and I have the original Cleric Disciple on old ones and one of them I have both at Legendary and the numbers below are from that toon.
    >
    > The direct heals seem to off by a factor of 10 based on what the heals were before undermountain. Currently the tooltip doesn't say what they are but assuming the percentage based heal is still the same. The issue looks like they are just off by a factor of 10.
    >
    > Below are the numbers when fighting in Barovia with my 80 GWF 165k HP.
    >
    >
    > Angel of Protection - Angels Touch - 5% max health. actual heal is 359 which is .5% so off by a factor of 10. seems to happen about every every 5 seconds when in combat
    >
    >
    > Cleric Disciple - Healing Word - 20% heal over 10 seconds - 10 heals for 359 each which is roughly 2% over 10 seconds so again off by a factor of 10
    > Cleric Disciple - Sacred Flame - Third hit procs heal - this was around 8.8K heal on that third hit which is about 5 %. The probably is correct its not a direct heal so probably calculated differently. Goes off about once every 5-10 seconds and just depends on when it casts the other spells.

The devs have a tough balancing act to do with healing companions since one of the stated purposes of the M16 overhaul was to make healing and tanking more relevant, hence why the most powerful sources of passive healing (e.g. lifesteal, Temptation Warlock healing, Oathbound Vow of Enmity) were removed or reworked.

If healing companions stay weak, players will continue not care about them (the handful who actually do will continue to be dissatisfied); if they become strong, their healing combined with healing from insignia bonuses and certain enchantments may become unbalanced.

Personally I don’t mind if they’re made less useless so that the players who invested in them don’t feel totally slighted, but I don’t see them becoming “good.” There are other, better sources of self-healing.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    lardeson said:

And you need to understand that not all Barbarians wants to play tank and not all Warlocks wants to play as healer, if i have a DPS path i want it equally good as Two DPS path classes. If you haven't a second role isn't other classes fault, ask devs for another role.

So what you are saying is that, because you cant play a Sw or a Barbie properly, that the class sux? if you want we can do an experiment, i'll give 2 different people my cw character for a test, lets see if one doesn't do better than another with the same setup, 2 different players on same character doesn't mean they'll both perform as well. I LMM with Sw most of the time, if not all the same, at the same time, i run with cws that do less damage than them. so yes, i repeat myself and highly advice you go do some researches before complaining about this and that.

Prior to mod15, specifically between mod12 and 15, Cw wasn't viable as dps, mainly because Gwf and gf were on the top, but did we still do dungeons? did we still play? yes, we had a second role then buy going into Mof and buffing/debuffing with class features, feats and renegade-oppresor, those who had more dps than others even in the debuff build, would go thaum instead of oppresor, in the same debuff build, 2 players with the same stuff would do different damage and this would influence the run to be faster or slower. What am i trying to say with this? you playing a class that is good, doesn't mean you are good. Now go Pm Punk, tell him lardy sent you and ask him to share a guide with you about sw dps. Whenever im not running anything, i inspect my FL and this dude is always in LMM, as for barbies, i haven't ran much with them, maybe 2, hence why i said they were "ok". Also even if theorically barbies did more damage than cw, that wouldn't happen in LMM as you cant one shot mobs and sws/cws have the ranged advantages, they can support heals/tanks on mimics, they can dps from distance without compromising theirselves much. If you dont want a tank class, play tr, if you dont want a healer class, play cw or ranger. Go ask Fenrick for a ranger guide.

What you can also do is make a cw, compare their cooldowns with that of the sw, compare the cooldown-magnitude on cw with that of the sw, on my lvl 80 cw, only arcanist path, the lowest cd we have is 7s.

Now on the other path, thaumaturge, which is what most of the cws play, the average cd is 15.83s (summed all the cds from encounters and divided by 10 which is the amount of encounters we have) so our total cd would be 158,3s. Our average magnitude is 280, same calculation. Average cd on a lvl 37 sw 10,42s, average magnitude 169 (doesn't include extra damage per stack from infernal spheres, nor blades, just took the base for all). Average cd on Barbie 16,2s, average magnitude 336. This is a lvl 36 barbie.

For Cw: Mag/s = 17,7
    for sw Mag/s = 16,2
    for barbie Mag/s = 20,7

I repeat, sw extra damage from stacks were not added, even then as you can clearly see, if we consider the difference between barbie and cw then compare that same difference between cw-sw, its little to nothing, but can cw and sw beat barbies in dungeons? yes? why? cos we have ranged advantage. Could there be class mechanics and features not working properly on all classes? Yes, just like with every mod.

If all things considered working properly, what can barbies do to cut the ranged advantage? they have super speed and are tanky enough to rush ahead like they always do before the ranger starts hitting? Yes Yes Yes and YES. And i'll repeat myself again, learn how to play, just having everything bis will not automatically make you a good player or dps in this case, not if you dont know your character. I for myself, i have wasted atleast 10 million AD just to test companions until i found a proper balance, the 10 Million is for companions that were useless at the end of the test, not the current ones im using, includes, polar bear cub, owlbear cub, cockatrice, golden lion, manticore, wolfie, etc. Have u done the same?

Talking about companions, sw and cw have 3 offense slots, poor barbies who now considered to be primarily tank class, have 1 offense slot. Sw and Cw are more or less on the same level of dps, ofc, in the right hands.

I would agree with you on the damage side of the equation if the CW lost all of their ticking damage effects that they have over the other classes. Remove those and you would remove a lot of damage and your arguments would hold more weight. Since you still have things like smolder and spells that have ticking AoE effects I can't agree with your argument. Those are too heavily weighted right now. If things like smolder was removed from your class you would be closer to the barbarian or fighter is right now in terms of damage and magnitude/s would mean something.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    vorphied said:

> @empalas said:

> Foss @mimicking#6533 still says companion healing is being looked into to see if a change needs to be made and frankly getting a little upset at it being put off like that.

>

> The tooltips on the powers no longer say what the heal percentages are but I am going to assume the heal percentages are supposed to be the same.

>

> I only have two healing companions to test. Most of my toons have Angel of Prot and I have the original Cleric Disciple on old ones and one of them I have both at Legendary and the numbers below are from that toon.

>

> The direct heals seem to off by a factor of 10 based on what the heals were before undermountain. Currently the tooltip doesn't say what they are but assuming the percentage based heal is still the same. The issue looks like they are just off by a factor of 10.

>

> Below are the numbers when fighting in Barovia with my 80 GWF 165k HP.

>

>

> Angel of Protection - Angels Touch - 5% max health. actual heal is 359 which is .5% so off by a factor of 10. seems to happen about every every 5 seconds when in combat

>

>

> Cleric Disciple - Healing Word - 20% heal over 10 seconds - 10 heals for 359 each which is roughly 2% over 10 seconds so again off by a factor of 10

> Cleric Disciple - Sacred Flame - Third hit procs heal - this was around 8.8K heal on that third hit which is about 5 %. The probably is correct its not a direct heal so probably calculated differently. Goes off about once every 5-10 seconds and just depends on when it casts the other spells.

The devs have a tough balancing act to do with healing companions since one of the stated purposes of the M16 overhaul was to make healing and tanking more relevant, hence why the most powerful sources of passive healing (e.g. lifesteal, Temptation Warlock healing, Oathbound Vow of Enmity) were removed or reworked.

If healing companions stay weak, players will continue not care about them (the handful who actually do will continue to be dissatisfied); if they become strong, their healing combined with healing from insignia bonuses and certain enchantments may become unbalanced.

Personally I don’t mind if they’re made less useless so that the players who invested in them don’t feel totally slighted, but I don’t see them becoming “good.” There are other, better sources of self-healing.

My big problem is the fact that they are "just looking into it". Just be honest about whether we are supposed to have healing companions or not have healing companions. That really is the issue at this point. We know the healing they are giving isn't worth squat. That is a fact. So now they need to come clean if they are intending for them not to be a viable option. Right now they ARE NOT a viable option.

There was supposed to be a trade off with them. Healing but they would either not join the fight or have minimal dps with some healing. Now if they took say 75% of the damage that other companions do and 80% of the stats from augments then it would make them about even to what they are now. (And yes I just spouted off numbers to make a point that if they aren't going to make healing companions viable then they have three options. 1. Leave the healing companions as they are now and nerf the other companions. 2. Give healing companions damage or something that makes them better. 3. Give them healing that doesn't break the content.

• Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited June 2019

- snip -

CWs aren't the only class which utilise proc based powers. HR as well, and also SWs.

Also, fix AP gain on the wizard before HAMSTER around with a core CW mechanic.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
This discussion has been closed.