These patch notes are not 100% complete. Technical issues are preventing me from looking up the context for certain changes, so a variety of class power changes are not yet reflected below.Highlights
From The State of Neverwinter: Q & A Stream Recap
- The health of all enemies (including bosses) has been reduced by 10%.
- All Enchantments and Runestones, aside from Bonding Runestones, have had their item level and stats doubled.
- Enchantments are now affected less by level scaling downward, while gear is affected a little more.
- All Campaign Zones, and their soloable instances, are no longer scaled by Item Level.
- Challenge Campaigns have been renamed to Legacy Campaigns.
- (Previously done, already live - reviewing difficulty) Most Dungeons and Trials have had their Item Level requirements and scaling targets increased.
- (Not yet implemented) Most events that scaled players to level 60 will scale players to level 40 instead.
Release NotesContent and Environment
- (Partially implemented) The upward scaling on the Stronghold map is being removed; the map is now consistently level 80.
- Introductory Quests: One of the cutscenes no longer has a green screen fade.
- Rune Etching: Chaotic: This quest item can no longer be destroyed.
- Terminus: A buried skill node has been removed.
- Twisted Caverns: In a cutscene involving the Alchemist, there's no longer a warning indicator for a non-harmful visual effect.
- Twisted Caverns: The Alchemist can once again be found in case you need to hand something to him.
- Vanrakdoom: The shadowfell transitions now play the appropriate audio.
- In most cases, only one Gravemaster can now spawn in an encounter. (There are some exceptions, particularly in 5-player runs.)
- A placeholder plot has been removed.
- Players below level 80 are no longer level-scaled upward while at the Stronghold.
- Ship Crew members no longer appear in place of some guards.
Combat and Powers
- Icewind Dale: The quest, "The Long Night," no longer requires the deprecated Black Ice profession.
- Kavatos no longer inexplicably wanders the ice fields of Bryn Shander.
- Lore from certain rare spawns no longer include placeholder text.
- When fishing in Soshenstar and Sea of Moving Ice, the fishing meter now correctly increases when pulling correctly.
- A visual issue has been resolved in which the rage meter would deplete in an unpredictable manner when using Battlerage or Unstoppable. The duration of the Unstoppable and Battlerage effects are unaffected.
- Crescendo now properly grants immunity to control effects during its use.
- Resolved an issue wherein Spinning Strike only granted control immunity in a 200 degree frontal arc, instead of from all directions.
- Sentinel's Slash no longer incorrectly grants more Action Points than expected.
- The feat "Crushing Advance" now properly modifies Savage Advance after Unstoppable is used.
- The at-will "Sacred Flame" now deals 70 magnitude damage, up from 65.
- Channel Divinity and the divinity meter now unlock at level 5, when the Cleric receives their first divinity spending encounter power.
- Daunting Light no longer incorrectly grants two stacks of Burning Judgement.
- Divine Equilibrium no longer shows a buff icon.
- The feat "Focused Light" now increases the damage of daunting light under its effect to 450, up from 400.
- The feat "Perfect Balance" now requires 4 stacks of Burning and Radiant Shift to activate, down from 6.
- The at-will "Lance of Faith" now deals 80 magnitude damage, up from 75.
- The encounter "Forgemaster's Flame" now deals 650 magnitude damage, up from 600.
- The encounter "Prophecy of Doom" has had its duration extended to 12s, up from 10s. Its cooldown has been reduced to 26s, down from 30s.
- The amount of divinity restored by Channel Divinity for the Arbiter has been increased, both the over time restoration and the effect of consuming judgement to restore divinity.
- The divinity cost of Daunting Light has been increased to 200, up from 180.
- The divinity cost of Searing Javelin has been increased to 240, up from 220.
- Heavy Slash should now consistently hit certain small targets or targets on slopes.
- Reave should now consistently hit targets on slopes.
- In character creation, the Fighter now shows Dig In instead of Dungeoneering as a sample power.
- Prepared Slam: Tremor and Onslaught now properly benefit from the effect of this feat.
- Seethe no longer sometimes causes the camera to shake unexpectedly.
- Seethe: The visual effects for this power have been slightly adjusted.
- The feat "Heavier Slash" may no longer proc off of Heavy Slash itself.
- The feat "Weight of Vengeance" now also decreases the cooldown of Anvil of Doom by 4s.
- The class mechanic "Vengeance" now grants a 20% increase to damage when the Dreadnought is "Vengeful," up from 10%.
- Determination, when modified by the feat "Perfect Block," can no longer incorrectly have its cooldown modified by recharge speed. This brings it in line with other similar tank powers.
- The visual effects when a target is hit by "Enforced Threat" have been updated to be a bit easier to spot in combat.
- Channel Divinity and the divinity meter now unlock at level 8, when the Paladin receives their first divinity spending encounter power.
- A typo has been fixed in Binding Arrow.
- Aspect of the Falcon: This power's tooltip has been adjusted to clarify its functionality.
- Enhanced Conductivity: This feat now properly increases the magnitude of Lightning Enchanted Weapon.
- Nature's Envoy: This feat's description has been clarified.
- Oak Skin now properly works with Deft Strikes.
- Plant Growth now uses Weak Grasping Roots.
- Weapon Mastery: This feat now properly grants 5% Critical Chance, up from 2.5%.
- Slasher's Mark no longer refers to itself as a Mark effect.
- Blade Hurricane: The Flurry effect is now represented with a buff icon.
- Clear the Ground now deals Lightning damage.
- Split the Sky no longer causes two separate debuff icons. It no longer claims it has a defensive lightning effect, but the magnitude of the base attack has increased.
- Oppressive Darkness: This class feature now shows its magnitude in its tooltip.
- Disheartening Strike now shows its added effect in a way consistent with other powers.
- Hand of Blight: The visual effects of this power should more consistently appear.
- As part of the resolution, the first cast now takes a little longer to fire, but its magnitude has increased to make up for this change.
- Warlock's Bargain is no longer usable if the warlock is below 20% health.
- Healing encounter powers no longer show a blank cooldown.
- Pillar of Power: This power's buff icon now shows the remaining duration after leaving the circle.
- Some power unlocks have been swapped in order to provide earlier access to healing powers.
- Essence Defiler is now unlocked at level 72, up from 33, while Soul Reconstruction is now unlocked at level 33, down from 72.
- Pillar of Power is now unlocked at level 47, up from 30, while Shatterspark is now unlocked at level 30, down from 47.
- Soul Pact: This power's tooltip has been adjusted to clarify its functionality.
- Soul Scorch no longer shows a blank cooldown field.
- The visual effects for the Manticore Talon now properly display when the power is used.
- Certain Boons that give bonus HP now properly provide that bonus HP.
- Companion powers that give bonus currency now properly do so.
- Critical Severity bonus powers now properly function.
- Grung: The power Mesmerizing Chirr now has a debuff icon.
- The following player bonuses have been updated to display the correct stats or companion.
- Aarakocra's Discipline
- Abolethmaw's Presence
- Baby Polar Bear's Instincts
- Dreadwarrior's Insight
- Quickling's Wisdom
- Certain powers now properly show the range of their effect in their tooltip.