test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The state of mod 16 pvp

nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
edited May 2019 in PvP Discussion
-It used to be full of bugs, ridiculous class imbalances, game breaking items that were not fixed for 3-4 mods, a bad queuing/matching system and yet it also used to be fast-paced, dynamic and when teams were fairly balanced pvp could also be very fun.

-Unfortunately with mod 16 pvp the dynamic gameplay is not there anymore - everything feels slow and clumsy (at least on the CW as I have not tried pvp-ing on my DC yet). What do others feel about gameplay on other classes?

-Significant class imbalances still persist and the cc-system is out of tune. (Have you seen how ridiculous the OP's cc capabilities in pvp are for instance?)

-Adding to that, several players mentioned to me tonight that companions add stats to players in domination (confirmed + see below). Why even allow that? Is that intended as part of the new mod (which would be a very bad idea) or just another of many bugs?

-Seeing what an unfortunate state pvp is in right now, I would like to kindly ask you @mimicking#6533 @Cryptic @asterdahl @noworries#8859 @nitocris83 @tripsofthrymr to lay out what your plan for pvp is and whether you will dedicate sufficient time to make it shine, to transform it (not just fix bugs), finally, after so many mods of leaving it in the shadows. Thank you in advance.
Nezdin (DC)
Aelan Icebleed (CW)
Post edited by nezdin#5514 on

Comments

• quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    the companion player bonuses do add stats in pvp, like 8k power from hatchling, 8k crit from black dragon ioun stone, 32k hp from energon, etc...

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Good to know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User

the companion player bonuses do add stats in pvp, like 8k power from hatchling, 8k crit from black dragon ioun stone, 32k hp from energon, etc...

Oh god.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    I just tested stat and HP active companion bonuses on domination map, they indeed are applied in PVP.

I am not yet sure if healing and CC pets work in PVP.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User

I just tested stat and HP active companion bonuses on domination map, they indeed are applied in PVP.

yea, there is pet with a snare and knockdown, cant wait for people to proc it with reflect or some stupid HAMSTER xd
  • nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    Thanks for the confirmations...huge oversight :(
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    leonidrex said:

yea, there is pet with a snare and knockdown, cant wait for people to proc it with reflect or some stupid HAMSTER xd
    LOL, was planning on getting a Manticore to spam proc it with ray of frost. In fact, I also bought and ranked up a Owlbear Cub for the same reason, but then found the obc doesn't actually work, like at all, even in pve.