test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are CWs underperforming in M16?

hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
edited May 2019 in The Library
With the release of the dungeon I have the feeling that we are (maybe just me?) underperforming.

I simply can't compete (yet?) with other classes that are similar to my gear. I would guess I am around 33% behind classes (GWF / HR) with equal gear.

Mostly I face the issue that we are attacking a group of adds but my cooldowns are still on 10+ seconds which makes me almost completely useless in such fights which is often every 2nd group of adds we face.
Some might argue that we can't compare the classes to each other yet but I have already a really bad feeling about this.

What are your experiences with this topic? Is anyone facing the same problems as I do?
Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression

Comments

• snuff#8759 snuff Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Cw do best DMG now with right feats / powers.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

Cw do best DMG now with right feats / powers.

I can't confirm this and I wouldn't call myself a bad player. What feats / powers are you talking about? I still see the long cooldowns as a huge disadvantage when fighting trash.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    Iong cooIdowns yeah, are being dependant on criticaI to even do dps isn't fair compared to a cIass Iike ranger, which is overperforming with short CD's easy to reduce with "switching instances, appIying roots and other feats", with decent magnitude, damage Iike conduit, terrain, steaI time, avaIanche, firebaII, Iightning boIt and other aoe stuff, seems very nerfed this moduIe with Iow magnitude and 13-20 CD
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

With the release of the dungeon I have the feeling that we are (maybe just me?) underperforming.

I simply can't compete (yet?) with other classes that are similar to my gear. I would guess I am around 33% behind classes (GWF / HR) with equal gear.

Mostly I face the issue that we are attacking a group of adds but my cooldowns are still on 10+ seconds which makes me almost completely useless in such fights which is often every 2nd group of adds we face.
    Some might argue that we can't compare the classes to each other yet but I have already a really bad feeling about this.

What are your experiences with this topic? Is anyone facing the same problems as I do?

If the Wizards don't want Directed Flames and Smolder, I'd gladly trade the potty squat for it.

It's also not like Wizard has the most broken daily in the game on the Arcanist path that gives them free Mod 15 mode... I'll gladly trade Mow Down for Arcane Empowerment...

• bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Former SS CWs who never tried MOF are lost in mod 16. Smolder has never been considered by most CWs as viable damage source.
    Experienced MOFs have a big advantage in mod 16, they know how smolder works and the benefit of making all smolder ticks proc simultaneously thanks to directed flames.
    So i confirm, with right feats, spells and stats, thaumaturge is (by far) the best dps class in any situation.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Former SS CWs who never tried MOF are lost in mod 16. Smolder has never been considered by most CWs as viable damage source.
    Experienced MOFs have a big advantage in mod 16, they know how smolder works and the benefit of making all smolder ticks proc simultaneously thanks to directed flames.
    So i confirm, with right feats, spells and stats, thaumaturge is (by far) the best dps class in any situation.

Since mod 13 SS has been inferior to MoF for boss fights. No excuse not to try out a MoF build since mod 13 landed. In mod 15 MoF was superior to SS on bosses. I wouldn't even bother with SS unless it was for AoE damage. Prior to mod 13 SS had a place for both single and AoE damage.

Also MoF Renegade builds have been viable since the game launched on PS4 as a buffer and it what I mainly played until mod 13 where I started to experiment a bit more as a DPS.
  • kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Console player here, I should I level up my wizard or a different dps class(paladin main, was thinking about wizard)
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    From what i have seen in LotMM CWs are at the Top when it comes to dps.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I was in a run with Tenebrae yesterday in LoMM, he came in at the first boss, missing the earlier mobs. I was top dps at the time.

By the end of the worm boss we were level, and by the end of the last boss he was ahead by a couple of million. My opinion, HRs are either better aoe trash clearers, or just quicker with burst dps, but CWs are amazing on single target/boss. I'm 21k and a bit, base pow 130k, and all offensive stats capped, CA at about 100k. Wearing old damage bonus gear, with a new ring and chestpiece.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

I was in a run with Tenebrae yesterday in LoMM, he came in at the first boss, missing the earlier mobs. I was top dps at the time.

By the end of the worm boss we were level, and by the end of the last boss he was ahead by a couple of million. My opinion, HRs are either better aoe trash clearers, or just quicker with burst dps, but CWs are amazing on single target/boss. I'm 21k and a bit, base pow 130k, and all offensive stats capped, CA at about 100k. Wearing old damage bonus gear, with a new ring and chestpiece.

This is my experience too. I usually end top in dps with the average group. When there is a good HR, he goes ahead in trash, then I recover in bosses, ending the dungeon first. Only the best TRs can do more dmg, but I am still far from BIS.

We are used that CW were best in trash, but that was mod 1-15. Maybe in Spellplage we are better because of infinite target caps of some powers.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor