test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enchants to help tanking

tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
As the title says I am looking for both offense and defense enchants to help tank i.e. which is better deflect or defense etc. I want to replace them all. Any suggestions?
Icon_Build_Player_Paladin.png?version=425daf687d67683e0250b6ec43a2ee72

Hail and Kill,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Member of Tyrs Palladium Guild
Raising quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• Options
    mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    On the defensive side: Defense, Deflect, Critical Resist, Awareness, and Hit Points. Not necessarily in that order but you should aim for Defense first. Awareness you could probably worry the least about if you are good at keeping yourself out of combat advantage.

On the offensive side: Armor Penetration and Power is all I would worry about. Once you have capped armor penetration, if you're not doing enough damage to hold aggro, work on accuracy.
  • Options
    devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Looks like the default enchants are better than I can make or afford at the AH

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    Retribution Paladin of the realm
    Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I will start pasting HP enchantments to my defense slots. More HP means more shield and that means more chance of survival for tank fighters. Defense is capped 50% anyway. I dont see the benefit of using defense enchantments anymore. Not sure about other stats.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    You want to get to 60K in Defense and Deflection (Awareness and Crit avoidance are less important), and you will get most of the way there with your gear. Once you have the stats where you want them, you just dump points into HP, as that has no cap
    Hoping for improvements...