test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Level 1 to 30 in mod16

gadzewksgadzewks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Just ugh

Not fun at all

- No real AoE until after 30
- Too much reliance on getting the last hit on kills for souls to appear, or to gain charges for your 2nd at Will ability. Your first encounter power doesnt even GIVE a soul unless its the killing blow
- Souls take forever to go and attack things at range

The tutorial you feel like a god in. One hitting stuff with your encounter powers.

Once you reach black lack, you start thinking, "hmmm, something feels wrong"

After your first group for a skirmish or dungeon, when you come in 4th or 5th place for damage, you realize your lack of real AoE attacks is really hindering your class. Half your mechanics never even happen because you dont get the killing blow on things.

By 20, without any xp boosts, there is a good chance you will want to reroll another class.

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    How high a level are you at now? Also, the leveling goes a lot faster if you have Azure's in your Utility slots for bonus XP gain and/or join a Guild with X level of the XP Bonus % boon!
    va8Ru.gif
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited May 2019

How high a level are you at now? Also, the leveling goes a lot faster if you have Azure's in your Utility slots for bonus XP gain and/or join a Guild with X level of the XP Bonus % boon!

I think this post was to discuss how it feels now to level up a character in mod 16 vs. how it felt in prior mods. The devs really made it harder and more challenging for new players.

Most MMO games I played you don't really get a challenge in the game until you hit higher levels. Lower level content should always be fairly easy to beat; you shouldn't even really need a potion or well almost anything for that matter. As a player you should be almost always 1 shotting mob enemies until you are within 10 levels of the max or in NWO case around level 50 you should start to see some challenges, by 70 that is when the game should be somewhat challenging.

The thing is though NWO developers don't understand their players at all. We didn't want a major nerf hammer; we just wanted things to stop stacking and things to have hard caps; instead we all got nerfed; including low level new characters.

The end result in that mod 16 is anything but new player friendly. It is more along the lines of group up or forget playing. The thing is though, most new players don't group up, so more will leave if they do want to play.

Those who play solo mostly will also leave as well. I play solo other than when I want to play a dungeon and if campaigns now require me to group up to complete I will be joining the masses that are heading for the exit portal.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    @mebengalsfan#9264 I have some older campaigns to finish so I'll see what's good/bad with them once I finish Undermountain, which should be tonight/tomorrow!

As for leveling, yeah missed the point of the post there, my bad... Haven't leveled from 1 upward in, ages! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

As for leveling, yeah missed the point of the post there, my bad... Haven't leveled from 1 upward in, ages! lol

Game has a reverse difficulty curve at this point.

The hardest content is going to be the warmup bosses and the like because you lack many of your best tools/feats, you need more gear with stats to deal with the numbers game that is never explained in game, you lack weapon damage to deal decent damage, and the enemies were redesigned to account for new players having 100% of all knowledge on how to play 100% efficiently with what "help" the ingame tips are (don't think too hard about the fallacy that noworries couldn't figure out).

Idk if Warlock has decent At-will damage, but I did things on Fighter and my main source of damage was a 15 magnitude (yes, before the change) at-will with clunky animation and meh cast time.

I had the benefit of a shield that made me very tanky as long as I never screwed up, but I don't want to know what it would be like on a squishy caster class.

rjc9000 said:

Game has a reverse difficulty curve at this point.

The hardest content is going to be the warmup bosses and the like because you lack many of your best tools/feats, you need more gear with stats to deal with the numbers game that is never explained in game, you lack weapon damage to deal decent damage, and the enemies were redesigned to account for new players having 100% of all knowledge on how to play 100% efficiently with what "help" the ingame tips are (don't think too hard about the fallacy that noworries couldn't figure out).

Idk if Warlock has decent At-will damage, but I did things on Fighter and my main source of damage was a 15 magnitude (yes, before the change) at-will with clunky animation and meh cast time.

I had the benefit of a shield that made me very tanky as long as I never screwed up, but I don't want to know what it would be like on a squishy caster class.
    The biggest issue I see is that the devs simply don't play the game to understand what we as the players are talking about. This lack of knowledge has hurt their development or updates to the game. The lack of admitting fault is also another issue.
  • prather33prather33 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Things should be easy. I shouldn't have to try. Really,here is your participation trophy.
  • photeus#7983 photeus Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    > @prather33 said:
    > Things should be easy. I shouldn't have to try. Really,here is your participation trophy.

Guess you don't like seeing new players in Neverwinter. The most challenging mmos to play are those that don't exist, so you're on the right track.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    uhm i tried leveling a warlock last week gave up at lvl 12..
    average 13 at-wills to kill the weakest critter ...
    dreadtheft, the only aoe encounter we have at lower lvls, was doing 10-15 dmg per tick

bare in mind i had stuff new players aren't supposed to have
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    throw on a low ql watler companion, and companion gear with empowered runestones, dark enchants in utility slots azure in EVERWHERE ELSE, all off def slots, you now gain xp boost AND crit if offence slots, def and xp boost in def slots but ONLY xp if you slot azure in utils.

you can this way cap xp boost at 44%, cap crit strike, armor pen and defence, and rely purely on watlers power boost to you,

your attack and def stats will be around 26-46k which at 20 is far better than most level 70 chars have.

they say locks cant dps, but then they spam me with invites and friend requests in dungeons and zones when they see what i do
    when you have the wrong gear, wrong enchants in slots and dont use an augment companion, when you dont use the right attack powers...and you fail badly, this doesnt mean the class is bad or cant do damage, it means YOU personally have no understanding of how to play it.bleating on about it puts people off playing what is actually a very over powered character, and sadly people listen to that..leading to a lack of great characters end game.

if you want to know how to get every stat at 20k on a level 4 warlock, and one shot your way through to end game. pm me in game , at war-lock@madrigal#2900
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2019

when you have the wrong gear, wrong enchants in slots and dont use an augment companion, when you dont use the right attack powers...and you fail badly, this doesnt mean the class is bad or cant do damage, it means YOU personally have no understanding of how to play it.bleating on about it puts people off playing what is actually a very over powered character, and sadly people listen to that..leading to a lack of great characters end game.

if you want to know how to get every stat at 20k on a level 4 warlock, and one shot your way through to end game. pm me in game , at war-lock@madrigal#2900

@madrigal#2900 So why not posting your build and rotation here if you think you have found the most efficient way to dps? Or at least facts (run duration and final rank) to back up your statement?
    (I am not ironic, just skeptical: despite some bugs in favor of warlock, maths are not so good imo vs quick classes; so if you can be the messiah, please feel free to guide my pleb person :))
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Saw someone uploaded a video on xbox live playing a level 21 warlock and attacking a level 17 mob doing 0 damage to the enemy. Mod 16 really sux but it sux even more if you are a new player, and have only 1 toon.
    That is why i don't recommend this game to my friends. Well those who played this game went to play another mmo game anyway.
    I don't hate Neverwinter mod 16 due to changes since im still playing it even tho it's still boring and slow af. No, i hate this game now because it made most of my friends stop playing it !
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Here's a bit of an experiment to compare mechanic and magnitude problems of a warlock. Try any loadout and configuration.

Go to a test dummy in a stronghold. Using any atwill alone and try and reduce it to zero health. Then get a wizard with shatter feat to use ray of frost on it and compare the results, its laughable. With cooldowns as they are, all classes are at will reliant now.

A completely maxed endgame warlock will never reduce it to 0 health with at will alone.
    While a wizard with epic augment, no weapon enchant, and 160k power and no combat advantage can reduce the test dummy to 0 in 5 seconds flat, if the dummy gets frozen it happens faster. It has a 500 to 280 magnitude per second atwill.

All warlock atwills, dailys, and encounters are massively underpowered in comparrison.
    That's just a small part of the issues with warlock magnitudes and mechanics. Warlock is as bad now as it was after owlbear nerf. There's a reason it was reworked then, it was bad, real bad, then and now.

I don't see how warlocks can be even remotely considered "very over powered" in any aspect, by anyone this mod. I would love to see combat logs of these very over powered warlocks, defying class mechanics and tried and tested act logs that show the exact opposite.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User

when you have the wrong gear, wrong enchants in slots and dont use an augment companion, when you dont use the right attack powers...and you fail badly, this doesnt mean the class is bad or cant do damage, it means YOU personally have no understanding of how to play it.

Show us the build:
    All the gear, enchants, companions, mount insignia, mount bonus, companion powers, your rotation, feats, passives. Show us everything.

Or go troll another class.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
    i guess for some it really is rocket science
    so what, i post my build, rotations and screenshots..and everyone plagiarises my work....i think not.
    its basic it really is, ive told you already. and you cant get it...so any more is pointless.
    have fun with mediocrity
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I posted my rotations, test results, and build concept pertaining to mechanics in "A few points about warlocks" thread a few days ago. No screenshots, but went into detail so anyone who has a base understanding of the class mechanics and feats can figure it out though the description.

I don't care if people plagiarize. I'm working with what we have been given. If it works for others great, if not, to each thier own. I prefer to have others try and give feedback if they find ways to improve the warlock community.

And once again most MMO games are forgiving in lower levels to allow the player to LEARN. NWO is not like that ATM meaning new players that lack this knowledge and are starting out will leave. Who benefits if there are less players making it pass level 20?
  • tebtengri#5279 tebtengri Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > when you have the wrong gear, wrong enchants in slots and dont use an augment companion, when you dont use the right attack powers...and you fail badly, this doesnt mean the class is bad or cant do damage, it means YOU personally have no understanding of how to play it.bleating on about it puts people off playing what is actually a very over powered character, and sadly people listen to that..leading to a lack of great characters end game.
    >
    > if you want to know how to get every stat at 20k on a level 4 warlock, and one shot your way through to end game. pm me in game , at war-lock@madrigal#2900
    >
    > And once again most MMO games are forgiving in lower levels to allow the player to LEARN. NWO is not like that ATM meaning new players that lack this knowledge and are starting out will leave. Who benefits if there are less players making it pass level 20?

I started out about a month ago and made a cleric and warlock. Wanted to heal. Noticed in the level 1-4 area Cleric at will killed one hit faster than the warlock's. Figured maybe "cleric dmg is higher against undead."

Even at end game with 18k item score the cleric feels way better.

Neither the cleric or the warlock is as fun to solo quest as a Paladin. I about pooped my pants when the last patch had 0 warlock changes. I could see making tiny changes and slowly, but them not even admitting warlock isn't particularly fun for a lot of people makes me think bad things
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Im playing nwo since 2015. Have all classes. 4 of the 8 classes are level80 ( wizard, warlock, paladin and rogue) others are still level70 ( cleric, hunter/ranger, barbarian and figher)
    I made my warlock in 2016 and it became my favorite class ever since... until mod 16.
    The warlock doesn't feel the same anymore and it's way underpowered.
    Hellbringer doesn't do much dps as the wizard, ranger and rogue.
    Soulweaver isn't fun to play with. It's boring and the healing is weaker than of the cleric and paladin.
    Heals don't crit either. Healing is weak, dps is weak, the whole class HAMSTER and useless. No 1 wants to have a soulweaver in their group btw. Well done cryptic. lol.

I lost interest in this game now. Still playing tho.. a lil bit cuz i have a guild to run.

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    I can confirm that two people I know who I tried to recruit to NW post-MOD 16 and played to level 10-15ish and just gave up. Too boring, too slow and mostly no fun or sense of reward for levelling. Mind you I am not saying it was impossible to un-doable they just didn't enjoy it.

Where there are other MP/MMO games that right out of the shoot are having a blast.

I haven't run a new character since MOD16 I will play myself to see what it's all about.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • kazhiel#8445 kazhiel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm a new player, started a few days ago, have found the classes interesting and not difficult to play and level up. In the past couple days I've gotten to level 46 on a ranger and level 20 on both warlock and wizard. Not sure what you guys are complaining about.