test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class Abbreviations

frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
How are you abbreviating your classes? Two letters? Three letters? The whole word?
FrozenFire

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    HR, same as before. It's not as if everyone suddenly forgot what it means.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Ooh, I will play along with Frozen Fire... I am still waiting for dust to settle. Other than use the paragon as the first letter such as Devoted and Arbiter for Cleric making AC/DC again, one could remap it out that way. But there would be 16 abbreviations for the 8 classes.

But here is another;
    • Cleric - CL
    • Fighter - FI
    • Paladin - PA
    • Ranger - RA
    • Rogue - RO
    • Warlock - WA
    • Wizard - WI
    • Barbarian - BA
    FYI AFAIK IMHO, I believe all these abbreviations make chat hard to read and understand. <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    hustin1 said:

HR, same as before. It's not as if everyone suddenly forgot what it means.

But they will. And it's bound to eventually start causing confusion amongst newer players. And if they ever add a new class... :tongue:

Ooh, I will play along with Frozen Fire... I am still waiting for dust to settle. Other than use the paragon as the first letter such as Devoted and Arbiter for Cleric making AC/DC again, one could remap it out that way. But there would be 16 abbreviations for the 8 classes.

But here is another;

• Cleric - CL
    • Fighter - FI
    • Paladin - PA
    • Ranger - RA
    • Rogue - RO
    • Warlock - WA
    • Wizard - WI
    • Barbarian - BA
    FYI AFAIK IMHO, I believe all these abbreviations make chat hard to read and understand. <3</p>
    That's almost what I was suggesting others yesterday... I instead said Ft for Fighter, Bb for Barb, Wl for Warlock... Many preferred 3+ letters though...

FrozenFire
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Only issue with CL for cleric is that some may get it confused with the Demonic Closure HEs. I have seen it used that way for them.