test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unbalanced Design Philosophy

fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
I must admit to deep dissatisfaction on the subject of class design; every single tank class is stuck with painfully pigeonholing feats, while rangers, rogues, wizards, and warlocks have open-ended playstyle-based feats rather than restrictive power-based feats.

Tanking is the role I most enjoy, but it's hard to get enthusiastic when I have at least one completely useless feat tier on every single one of my tanking characters, at least one additional tier at which there is no practical choice (as one or the other option either has no use at all outside of group PvE, making it a poor choice, or else attaches a farcically long cooldown to a daily that I may or may not have any interest in using, but definitely have no interest in having a 3 minute cooldown on), and all the rest lock me painfully into a specific power choice and punish me for experimenting.

@asterdahl, you know I appreciate your work, but please, please look to your counterpart's feat design and adopt a similar paradigm. I was planning to main my fighter for RP reasons, but my ranger is so much more appealing from a character-building standpoint.