test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Spanish Lenguage, when?

Fantastic, 16 mod already ... and we are still waiting for the implementation of the Spanish language, second most spoken language in the world ... you are great

Comments

• Options
    aday#3795 aday Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    - Apparently, as for what I read on other posts related to this, Spanish don't invest as much on video games...

No, not at all (sarcasm). Let's have a look at this:

https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/top-100-countries-represent-99-6-81-5bn-global-games-market/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/308454/gaming-revenue-countries/

Spanish gaming market on rank 9 (and that's only Spain, considering there are many other Spanish speaking players out there. Mexico rank 12, by the way)

- Maybe they mean there aren't enough Spanish speakers playing Neverwinter:

Just have a look at how many Spanish-speaking guilds are, whether on PC or PS4 (two platforms I own), I believe on Xbox might be too.

- They say most video games are not translated into Spanish.

Whoever said that, seriously they have no idea what they saying. Most video games are translated into Spanish, since the average Spanish speaker wouldn't speak English, and even there was a time in Spain where everything needed to be translated into Spanish.

I can't recall a game I have played on ps4, at least, that is not in Spanish...

- Others argue it's a free game, you don't expect it to be translated in many languages

And I agree, but Neverwinter is translated into many other languages on PC, but just not in Spanish... I mean it is translated even in Turkish... IN TURKISH, but no Spanish. Lol, muy mal, amigo!

• Options
    aday#3795 aday Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    > @pariswinters#7118 said:
    > Fantastic, 16 mod already ... and we are still waiting for the implementation of the Spanish language, second most spoken language in the world ... you are great
    >
    > actually its 4th
    > mandarin Chinese is #1 (1.1 billion speakers)
    > english is #2 (983 million speakers)
    > Hindustani is #3 (544 million speakers)
    > and spanish is #4 (527 million speakers)
    >
    > do they have a mandarin or hindu translation of this game?

Lol. I believe OP means most language spoken by native speakers. Spanish is second after Mandarin. But anywho that’s not the point... xD
  • Options
    juan#5043 juan Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Buff, the same thing always happens, everyone, or the majority, tries to justify what is not done well, or directly is not done, clinging to a literal fact when the other party in the discussion requests or recriminates something. In my country they would say of that attitude that "the trees do not let you see the forest". Spain, and Latin America in general, is part of the largest consumers of video games in the world, and 90% of them are translated into Spanish, there are those who do not want to see it, it is respectable, what is no longer so respectable is that, after years of requests for translation into this language, it has not yet been made, and yet it is translated into Polish, or yes, into Turkish .... by the way ... Do you know how to tell me how many requests the translation Hindus have made? to your language?
This discussion has been closed.