test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bye bye old Neverwinter ! I hope i love you after tomorrow as i do today..

axyremaxyrem Member Posts: 41 Arc User
I dont know what is going to happen after MOD 16 hit the live servers. :#

My main is a 11.800IL Warlock and i love to play this class over any other class.

My fear is that after tomorrow´s MOD 16 patch i wont ever enjoy my warlock again and so this is the last night i can play Neverwinter with the fun i used to have in the past 3 month after a long break...

As i said, i dont know but my mood isnt good after watching all the negative Youtube reviews by AssistMan , Silv3ry, northside and others...

i really hope the developers and lead designer know what they do and i can enjoy the game after tomorrow as i do it right now.....

I trust the Dev´s and i am not really negative but i hope i wont have to say good bye after tomorrow and my guild disappears.. ;)

Comments

• nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Rest in peace. It was fun but life goes on one way or another. I hope others can have fun in new mod and in a future mod game will be playable again.
  • nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    bobo#5090 said:

My popcorn and barley pop are ready, I'll be watching you guys on pc until this hits xbox ;)

At least you won't need salt for the popcorn, they will provide more than enough...
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Agree with @greywynd. You really need to hope on and see for yourself if you can live with it. Combat is nowhere near as fluid as mod 15 on back. In a way, for me at least, it almost feels like they took an arcade style action game, derived from a PnP game and turned it into a virtual PnP game. I'll give it about a month.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Everyone will have their own likes and dislikes, but you have to start out as "This is a BRAND NEW GAME" with some similar content you remember from a game you USE to play and enjoy, and.... as with any NEW game, you have to do the ol' Trial and Error thing. On Preview, it was different, not being able to make "MY" character to "MY" play style and make it to "THEIR" play style is just to restricting for me. Basically they are promoting "CUSTOM" made cars, but everyone gets the same body, paint, motor, but YOU can choose what wheels and exhaust you get... hmmmm. just MHO.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I was very optimistic with this module but after seeing the ZAX went to 1:750 I lost almost every hope. Spending money has become a valid option to reach something in this game. I am just disappointed.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    More p2w nice... The last jump on the money.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    I had decided to finally put $100.00 of REAL money into this game again BEFORE 16 was announced. I had just started playing again in early 2018 and remembered how fun it was... so I decided it was time to buy some Zen and just before I pulled the trigger....."BAM", they hit us with Mod 16. So I waited to see what this was all about, got on preview and WOW, all I can say is Thank You Cryptic, you just saved me $100.00. This is MY personal opinion only! Some will love it, some will not. Play and see for yourself... you might like it.
  • manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    axyrem said:

They screwed up the game... my Warlock is horrible compared to before....
    Only a few options for setup.
    All my hard worked boons are now default Points..
    Soulweaver went into Hellbringer and the Soul Puppet doesnt taunt or does anything good anymore...
    Its bad.....

very bad

Yeah they finally fixed us scourges and then bam...broken....this is not my cup of tea...and I am not going to reinvest in this game anymore...was time for a change anyway, at least they have forced my hand....
  • gamerarc2000#5085 gamerarc2000 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    quote "Close to 1000.00 bucks to prepare for mod 16, and a solid month of testing playstyles."

They do not change the combat rules for better game playing, they did that just for get more money from the player...
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @ckerkanlerouge said:
    > quote "Close to 1000.00 bucks to prepare for mod 16, and a solid month of testing playstyles."
    >
    > They do not change the combat rules for better game playing, they did that just for get more money from the player...

And because anything you exchange is bound... new enchantments will need to be made in the future if you are a trader... means more coal wars and madness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Close to 1000.00 bucks to prepare for mod 16, and a solid month of testing playstyles.

To each his own, I guess.

I prepared by playing my favourite character until I finally found a semi-decent build and a power rotation that worked for me, Fortunately the Clerics were handled by a developer (@asterdahl) who was at least somewhat willing to listen to player concerns, so some of our feedback got incorporated into the current live version.

As for the cost to prepare for Mod 16, I did not feel it was ethical to use the knowledge I gained in January/February, but as soon as Mod 16 hit preview, I made some significant AH purchases of items I knew would increase in value...things like cheap insignia of Valor and Leeching, Energon companions and so on. The bottom line is that I did not have to spend a dime and will probably end up with a decent AD profit.

I did attempt to share the information I had gained, with some simple guides like https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CDXf2k27IlLeKbzYq8FM_urSGD3TLatuKW3DASp1hFY/edit?usp=sharing

However, even with all this preparation, I am not going to pretend I am happy with Mod 16. There are a a few (5 with a 6th borderline one) specific design decisions that are outright bad, do more harm than good and will negatively affect the game in the long run. Maybe the game will survive, despite those issues, maybe they will get fixed, and maybe the game will not survive those decisions. It is still too early to tell.
    Hoping for improvements...