test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP incentive in game

Hi guys, i don't know how work the forum, i don't know if the developers read this or reply comments but here is my complaim, i've been playing MMORPG since i was 8-9 years old and neverwinter is the first MMORPG that i found and there is not fun when the matter is PVP. When i started the game i've noticed that i could not do random PK in maps even out of secure areas but i believed that even without PK the game should be fun because we have one campaim of pvp so i just continued playing until i saw that PVP there is dead, there's no event that incentive pvp, nobody do flag in icewind, neverwinter is totally PVE, players like me that seek for adrenaline and action will probabbly quit in 1-3 months.
So, here is my advice, remove pvp protection out of secure areas, street fights and guild vs guild is the best thing in mmorpg that we could do beyond of farm, farm, farm in DGs and create event with pvp with rewards or this game will die soon, when you reach the max level you don't have nothing to do, just dg, dg, dg and it is boring, soooo boring i hope that they can read it and do something...

Answers

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    PVP probably is the next thing to be removed. Doing what you said will kill the game if mod 16 will not. The PVE people is already hanging on a thread for mod 16.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    huashan#7979 huashan Member Posts: 27 Arc User

PVP probably is the next thing to be removed. Doing what you said will kill the game if mod 16 will not.

Why? do you like to kill only mobs every day ? you should play off-line games....
  • Options

PVP probably is the next thing to be removed. Doing what you said will kill the game if mod 16 will not.

Why? do you like to kill only mobs every day ? you should play off-line games....
    It is what it is. PVE people are the majority of the players. They are already hanging on a thread because of mod 16. No, I personally don't care about PVP and many do not too.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

It is what it is. PVE people are the majority of the players. They are already hanging on a thread because of mod 16. No, I personally don't care about PVP and many do not too.

i don't think that PVE players are majority of the players, they don't do pvp because there's not incentive on game as i said and even if they was, games today is market, you need to create options to all classes of players and i don't know about your experience in MMORPG but p2w players spend more money in pvp that pve. So if you dont like it's okay, we can respect but you dont need to desagree...
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    PvP, imo, generally sucks. The toxic atmosphere engendered by those that spend most of their time in PvP make it worse.

In the source material, the players are supposed to be heroes. They cooperate for the greater good.

Generally, evil characters don't tend to last. PvPers tend to be evil. So, they don't last.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

i don't think that PVE players are majority of the players, they don't do pvp because there's not incentive on game as i said and even if they was, games today is market, you need to create options to all classes of players and i don't know about your experience in MMORPG but p2w players spend more money in pvp that pve. So if you dont like it's okay, we can respect but you dont need to desagree...
    I can respectfully disagree.
    For the past 3 years, PVE are the majority of players in this game. There were more PVPer 4 to 5 years ago (but still was not majority).
    When Stronghold was introduced many years ago, one of the building resource could only be obtained through PVP.
    People had been complaining about that non-stop. Eventually, that requirement was removed a few mods ago.
    If most people were okay with PVP, you would not see that reaction. So, there was PVP incentive but it was forced to be removed.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    greywynd said:

PvP, imo, generally sucks. The toxic atmosphere engendered by those that spend most of their time in PvP make it worse.

In the source material, the players are supposed to be heroes. They cooperate for the greater good.

Generally, evil characters don't tend to last. PvPers tend to be evil. So, they don't last.

Disagree, i've friends that already spent 40-60-80 k of money in mmo and you don't do this if you pretend to quit next year but in one point you say the truth, in neverwinter we are suppose to be fancy ladies, we need to work together to the '' greater god'' , i mean you don't have option to took other way or evil way, it is like opression.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

I can respectfully disagree.
    For the past 3 years, PVE are the majority of players in this game. There were more PVPer 4 to 5 years ago (but still was not majority).
    When Stronghold was introduced many years ago, one of the building resource could only be obtained through PVP.
    People had been complaining about that non-stop. Eventually, that requirement was removed a few mods ago.
    If most people were okay with PVP, you would not see that reaction. So, there was PVP incentive but it was forced to be removed.

Finally a good argument, now i know that the ''problem'' with pvp is not about the developers but the players and to me this is sad, me and many others enjoy pvp/pk and two of my friends already quit because of it and i'm about to quit too, there's no point to play online games without pvp but if they do what i asked it will change. If you don't want pk just dont go to open pk areas and dont participate in events, as i said here they have 2 types of customers, PVP player like me and PVE players, they should make thegame fun to both. I'm not asking something impossible like that thing of stronghold but the in the most of mmorpg you keep you stronghold fighting with others guilds and that would be fun here xD , i'm just asking option to you turn on/off pk or events with pvp like 3x3 or 5x5 , you know ...

But honestly, the developers read forum and they count with players option or here is just waste of time ?
  • Options
    delta2119delta2119 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    You should ask for a PvP server or PvP instance instead, but with how scaling and gear and so on works here, will be one shot kills (rarely any balance), and that's not fun PvP either. As for reward there should be a way to get the best gear just by doing nothing but PvP, less for loss and more for wins.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    If you want PVP, my recommendation is find a game that does PVP well. This hasn't been that game in a very, very long time.
  • Options
    cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    The game takes too long to begin with to have it where you stifle someone's progress in the game because they won't go to zones that allow players to fight against each other. Right now most don't go to those PvP zones and causing the progress to take longer due to grieving would just cause a lot of players to leave the game. The pvp isn't balanced and hasn't been for a lot of mods which is why there isn't any interest in it. PvP is the true pay to win part of the game when it was implemented.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • Options
    cooldazcooldaz Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    PVP in most games is toxic and full of gankers. Take Albion Online for instance people go into high level areas to farm materials and are ganked as soon as they enter the area. World of Warcraft was the only game that had enjoyable PVP. Maybe you should play WoW vanilla when it comes out
  • Options
    Allowing PvP to happen anywhere would do more damage to the playerbase. Why should I bother to go out adventuring when the alleys are filled with gankers that won't even let me walk to the bank?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Ignore greywind, he has a chip on his shoulder against pvp the size of a whale.

Plenty of room for both pvp and pve in neverwinter.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    In the correctly designated areas.
  • Options
    quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Pretty much all I do between mods is PVP. It is the most fun thing in the game if you're the type of person that enjoys that sort of rush. If you don't enjoy racked nerves or losing, then pvp probably will never be your thing, that's fine.

To say PVP is dead, or has no hope is simply not true. The structure within which we can PVP is broken, and leads to new players trying PVP to not have any fun. Everyday we see new players trying to run PVP queue's, but they are so far below the item-level of the veteran or semi-veteran PVP'ers that it is no-contest, they can't do any damage and get one shotted and farmed. Having one of those players land on your team can almost guarantee that you'll lose the match, and that's not fun for them, or the veterans. So I'd imagine that 99% of these new players wanting to PVP in NWO try, get smashed, talked HAMSTER to, and kicked, and eventually just either quite the game or decide to never PVP again. The other 1% realized they needed to grind PVE content for a year to gear up for PVP before they can enjoy it, and half of that 1% who attempted that ended up quitting before they got there. So what we have is a very small player base in PVP queues.

One thing they could do is give better rewards, but for now if they did this, for example, give the winning team some rad, like 3k rad or something, and a roll on a loot table, they should only do that in Solo Queue as it's harder to sync matches there. In a premade queue it would be really easy at the moment to sync matches so that each team alternates to get rolls on the loot table just standing around.

I also posted a thread in the PVP section of the forums with some ideas on how they can improve the PVP experience in NWO, I invite you to post constructive criticism there, or other ideas of your own, and we can hope the devs and decision makers will read and take all that into consideration.

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Pretty much all I do between mods is PVP. It is the most fun thing in the game if you're the type of person that enjoys that sort of rush. If you don't enjoy racked nerves or losing, then pvp probably will never be your thing, that's fine.

To say PVP is dead, or has no hope is simply not true. The structure within which we can PVP is broken, and leads to new players trying PVP to not have any fun. Everyday we see new players trying to run PVP queue's, but they are so far below the item-level of the veteran or semi-veteran PVP'ers that it is no-contest, they can't do any damage and get one shotted and farmed. Having one of those players land on your team can almost guarantee that you'll lose the match, and that's not fun for them, or the veterans. So I'd imagine that 99% of these new players wanting to PVP in NWO try, get smashed, talked HAMSTER to, and kicked, and eventually just either quite the game or decide to never PVP again. The other 1% realized they needed to grind PVE content for a year to gear up for PVP before they can enjoy it, and half of that 1% who attempted that ended up quitting before they got there. So what we have is a very small player base in PVP queues.

One thing they could do is give better rewards, but for now if they did this, for example, give the winning team some rad, like 3k rad or something, and a roll on a loot table, they should only do that in Solo Queue as it's harder to sync matches there. In a premade queue it would be really easy at the moment to sync matches so that each team alternates to get rolls on the loot table just standing around.

I also posted a thread in the PVP section of the forums with some ideas on how they can improve the PVP experience in NWO, I invite you to post constructive criticism there, or other ideas of your own, and we can hope the devs and decision makers will read and take all that into consideration.

Quoted for troof!