test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the new negation tooptip bugged?

grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
I'm reading that negation does an increase of 0.02% stacking 10 times for 0.2% damage resistance at max stats?

What is it suppose to give has anyone tested it?
Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".

Comments

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Tool tip is wrong (shocking, ik).
    Used a test toon w 35703 defense.
    Took a >10%hit...
    [Combat (Self)] Flamebow deals 1178 (2138) Physical Damage to you with Ranged Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Flamebow deals 1193 (2222) Physical Damage to you with Ranged Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Flamebow deals 1174 (2186) Physical Damage to you with Ranged Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Flamebow deals 1193 (2222) Physical Damage to you with Ranged Attack.

[Combat (Self)] Your Negation Armor gives 12634 Hit Points to you.
    Only one stack applied.
    My defense went from 35703 to 37488, difference of 1785.
    That is ~5%.

JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I haven't seen tests on any of the updated enchants. it would be nice to see more. never can trust what the tt says
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Negation appears to be in a binary state. Not stacking.
    Here is my test toon defense with rank 13 Negation before being hit:
    35703 Defense
    Then I watched defense while taking multiple hits from spiders.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Spitting Spider deals 2848 (4163) Poison Damage to you with Venom Spit.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Blade Spider deals 6744 (9660) Physical Damage to you with Bite.
    [Combat (Self)] Blade Spider deals 6609 (9660) Physical Damage to you with Bite.
    [Combat (Self)] Blade Spider deals 1796 (5250) Physical Damage to you with Puncture.
    [Combat (Self)] Blade Spider deals 3592 (5250) Physical Damage to you with Puncture.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Spitting Spider deals 1413 (4131) Poison Damage to you with Venom Spit.
    [Combat (Self)] Blade Spider deals 1173 (1680) Necrotic Damage to you with Withering Bite.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Blade Spider deals 6609 (9660) Physical Damage to you with Bite.
    [Combat (Self)] Blade Spider deals 3592 (5250) Physical Damage to you with Puncture.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Spitting Spider deals 2860 (4181) Poison Damage to you with Venom Spit.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Blade Spider deals 3665 (5250) Physical Damage to you with Puncture.
    [Combat (Self)] Blade Spider deals 6609 (9660) Physical Damage to you with Bite.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Spitting Spider deals 2760 (4118) Poison Damage to you with Venom Spit.

On the first hit >10% of total HP, it immediately changed to this...
    Jumped directly to 37488 Defense.
    5% increase.
    It stayed there despite multiple >10% hits.

TLDR
    Negation tooltip is wrong.
    Appears to give one flat 5% defense bonus.
    Does not stack.

That is a massive nerf to a near-legendary enchant.
    I ranked that up over years of hard work and investment... now nearly useless.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Actual effects of Negation in it's current state aside. This is what I would like to see from it.

* Negation should add 1% DR at r13 and 2% DR at r14, per stack.
    If this was the intention, it's easy to see how they could make the mistake of using the floating point number representation of a percentage in the tooltip (0.01 and 0.02), and at lower ranks resulting in the tooltip displaying a 0 due to formatting cut off.

* The DR buff shouldn't add to Defense stat, it should be buffed DR going over the cap of 50% from stats, up to the buffed DR cap of 80%. I recall a dev saying that was how DR worked, you can get a maximum of 50% DR from the Defense stat, and it can be buffed to a maximum of 80% from different buffs. I'll try to find a link to the post where this was said, I recall it was in the preview threads.

* The 5% heal proc is OK, but personally, I don't like the sudden fall off of DR, I would prefer a +% in Accuracy stat for example, like it was with Recovery before, or perhaps nothing at all here. That's just me though.

EDIT:

I found the quote from noworries in the stats and mechanic thread.

• Defense now caps at 50% damage ignored. Certain temporary buffs can bypass this cap up to a maximum of 80% damage ignored.
    Post edited by quickfoot#7851 on