test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companions, character scaling, and ideas!

diegoalves21diegoalves21 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
Hi there! I'm here to talk about some stuff I haven't experienced yet, because I'm lazy as ninehells. But this will be a vision of someone from the outside of the problem, so, it'll help, or not...
Companions first! after the new change to companions it seem you guys want the companions to do, what I always wanted them to do, and that is share their stats, and look good alongside our characters while adventuring, people may not agree with me, but I have a request, make all companions augments, increase their sharing stats % and all will be good. IMO. Also, you could just classify them for their collection sheet, instead of striker, beast, defender and whatever (I've suggested otherwise on another post, but this seems to make "more sense", for me at least...).
Now a delicate matter, scaling, well I am seeing A LOT of endgame players (mostly) who are not happy with the actual preview scaling system, so I'll do a little thing here, so you may get my point:
- people don't like to feel useless, or go through struggles all over again, because this makes people feel like their efforts were all in vain, I mean, if you work hard and get millionaire, after passing periods of hunger, you'll never want to be hunger again, and still people want to be part of the thing, in this case, part of the game, actually playing their rolls, making their best, so here comes the idea: do not scale "unqueued" zones, keep them free of this, like Dread Ring or whatever, and for the dungeons, well, maybe you could use a system or formula to make the dungeon scale, not the players, for example:
- by making something that would add or remove a number of certain enemies, based on the sum of the total IL of the party;
- or this could even be a formula of multiplication of monster's health and damage output.
- or both thing combined, IDK.
- another thing, specific to the RANDOM LEVELING QUEUE, scale it, new player also want to be part of the game, and feel useful, and they don't feel it when being rush across the dungeon, also, you may want to cut down ( in a half maybe) the AD gained from this type of dungeon, and add some AD on campaign quests, because while leveling, you kinda don't need too much AD, but when you start to grind there's never enough.