test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Drop rate came up earlier

devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
I had the issue of rare and epic drop rate come up in another post so I thought it might help to ask here.

Drop rates in this game are horrible. I've played 4 chars to lvl 70 and beyond, two of them painfully grinding and picking up everything that dropped and never found anything very useful. How do you feel about it?

Cheers,
Chastain Dragonsyre
Paladin of Neverwinter

Cheers,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• Options
    devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User

I had the issue of rare and epic drop rate come up in another post so I thought it might help to ask here.

Drop rates in this game are horrible. I've played 4 chars to lvl 70 and beyond, two of them painfully grinding and picking up everything that dropped and never found anything very useful. How do you feel about it?

Cheers,
    Chastain Dragonsyre
    Paladin of Neverwinter

I might also mention that I rarely use locked boxes with the exception of the basic drops.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    Retribution Paladin of the realm
    Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,221 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    There is nothing particular useful from normal drop to the ground drop. They are more or less for RP or gold.
    There could be something nice from the chest, Hunt and event though.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User

Cheers,
    Chastain Dragonsyre
    Paladin of Neverwinter

Well in the past good items would drop on the ground. But I guess Cryptic felt back then that it was too easy for players who repeatedly find good items. So they introduced the reward chests in place of random good drops.

It also comes down to what you are looking for. Most good gear comes from collecting seals. As of mod 15 the AI campaign has a weekly quest for a dungeon run that is more difficult than the standard dungeons. The k-team run where no one in the party can die the entire run. You can collect IOUS from completing these successfully and with them purchase items. But as far as "good" or "best" items that can be debated.

Things in mod 16 wont be all that different than what I just stated above. Some good items you'll get for free right at the start of the new campaign. Some other good items you'll need to get to level 80 and purchase the armor using seals. The really good items need to be restored by grinding out heroics in the new campaign maps.

So long story longer, you need to really work for good items now. So nothing good ever just gets dropped on the ground sadly.

• Options
    flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    had some purple companions and mounts drop

but they are few and very far between.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

had some purple companions and mounts drop

but they are few and very far between.

They dropped while wandering zones, and not in dungeons? Maybe my mind is just not remembering it (probably because nothing ever dropped for me), but I can't recall a time when stuff of that level ever dropped 'in the wild'. Heck, even outside of some dungeon-specific stuff (shard of orcus, fragmented key, etc) even mounts, artifacts, and companions in dungeon chests are a relatively new thing.
  • Options
    oleg175#3673 oleg175 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This is Free-to-play game. And it softly pushes you to... D-O-N-A-T-E!!!!!1111111
  • Options

This is Free-to-play game. And it softly pushes you to... D-O-N-A-T-E!!!!!1111111

oh gawd don't do that. I almost donated to you..
  • Options
    bobo#5090 said:

krumple01 said:

Things in mod 16 wont be all that different than what I just stated above. Some good items you'll get for free right at the start of the new campaign. Some other good items you'll need to get to level 80 and purchase the armor using seals. The really good items need to be restored by grinding out heroics in the new campaign maps.

So long story longer, you need to really work for good items now. So nothing good ever just gets dropped on the ground sadly.

And that grind won't be worth it, just like it wasn't worth it before cuz you can get by without the "greatest/ bestest(read- highest IL attainable gear) all the way thru the endgame.

I main a pally on xbox, and have 2 more boons before he has them all, and all dungeons, everything is unlocked. I have gotten nothing for restoring the sunset weapons(only done CR once TBH, but it's purehell to get a good group in randoms, let alone making a private group), and most felt they aren't really worth it for mod 16 anyhow, so why bother trying to grind for it. I've done T9 2x, and didn't get anything for vivifying the Chult armor, or exalting Chult weapons. Did CODG private q 2x, and we didn't even have time to finish before everyone had to start dropping out.

I went to preview with a fresh lvl 70 pally. Started new campaign, and with the starter gear it was doable. It felt like it did when I first rolled into SKT at 6-7k il on xbox, but I could solo the main content. That for me is hugely important, cuz while I know this is a MMORPG, I like to play solo, as I almost never have time to get with a specific group of "friends". Oh wait, I have no friends...

I do agree, that drop rates from chests in dungeons, heroics, or rqs should be higher than they are, especially FBI, MSP, etc... I don't craft, so I would kill for drops of crafting items to be swapped with items to restore relics, or gmops etc... Or an easier way for me to trade the crafting pooh for stuff I want/need, AH/ spamming PE trade chat takes too long...

Anymore I won't run raqs as I'm tired of FBI/MSP, and half the time at least one person drops/gets kicked. I don't wanna spend my precious game time waiting on others, or doing content that we end up wiping cuz we can't get a good group going.
    What they should have done long ago was design the relic weapons so they could continuously get improved. Rather than just common to legendary. Because each new weapon set starts at common and now you are forced to spend again to get it the legendary. Rinse and repeat each new mod. It gets annoying.

So they should have designed them to be continuously rank them up. But cap the upgrade to the mod. But when they launch a new mod they increase the upgrade for the same weapon. Then introduce artifact weapon set bonus. You could unlock a set bonus and then set the set bonus that you want for the weapon.

But they would rather just create new weapons and when you compare your older weapon to the new one at legendary the damage is like 20 points of damage more but hey you got to rank it up and spend AD or materials to get those desperate 20 points of damage.

Just get rid of the common to legendary and make it so the weapons can endlessly be upgraded.