test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of Old event

deathscythe19deathscythe19 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
So I am not finding a quest NPC for the event, and from what little information I can gather if we didn't participate in the February portion of the event we can't participate in this one or am i wrong on this?
Tagged:

Comments

• dargobandargoban Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    There is a place where you can get into the epic dungeon. It is at the usual place for events. But you need to have a party in order to be able to do the dungeon, which is pretty hard since peoples want you to have gears in the 15k mostly. I think that this event should have been queuable, because so far it seems only hardcore player can get in... Thanx devs :-(
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    If you really want to deal with:
    1) Minimum nine runs per day over three days to get the token to get the gear;
    2) Those runs having to be all successful and fast with few or no players deaths;
    3) Those runs being extremely unfriendly to many players who either weren't here before mod 6 or have just forgotten some details since then;
    4) Those runs having to be done in groups of five and four, so you'll have to keep the same five people together for a long time despite whatever may be happening with everyone's internet connection or real lives - because any disconnect by any team member for any reason ruins the whole thing for all five;
    5) Increasing difficulty in various ways.

Then queue privately for it, and be at least 15k.
    In my opinion it's a terrible event in a lot of ways and it is evidence of how little this dev team plays or understands the game.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited April 2019

If you really want to deal with:
    1) Minimum nine runs per day over three days to get the token to get the gear;
    2) Those runs having to be all successful and fast with few or no players deaths;
    3) Those runs being extremely unfriendly to many players who either weren't here before mod 6 or have just forgotten some details since then;
    4) Those runs having to be done in groups of five and four, so you'll have to keep the same five people together for a long time despite whatever may be happening with everyone's internet connection or real lives - because any disconnect by any team member for any reason ruins the whole thing for all five;
    5) Increasing difficulty in various ways.

Then queue privately for it, and be at least 15k.
    In my opinion it's a terrible event in a lot of ways and it is evidence of how little this dev team plays or understands the game.

I think you also left out that all the gear obtained from the event will be worthless in a few weeks from now. So all that effort if you managed to get through those burning hurdles you mentioned will be all for not.

I agree with you, it blatantly seems the devs don't care that players run into difficulty on things that are out of their control, like the disconnect / cant reenter the instance. It screws the team on a mechanic that relies on running the same instance multiple times to get the reward. Its like they are delusional about how often players disconnect.

• akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    Really they didn't fix the Disconnect issue? FFS what the hell is this game trying to do. I was going to try running this event during my limited play time this week but after hearing this combined with the fact they also couldn't be bothered to fix the infinite poison bug for TR's make the urge to run this non existant. I guess i will likely only be logging in to grab my maps for the weekend for completely useless mastercraft stuff.

Great job on providing any type of incentive to actually login and play this weekend Devs. Kudo's to a job well done.