After taking 4 classes to 80 my take away is as follows:
- The implementation of the vision is not close to being done. Whatever that vision might be. Sadly it was not shared.
- The weekly radical shifts is classes appears to be trial and error. Just look what they are doing tomorrow and how it unbalances races and devalues enchantments and legendary mounts. It reeks of panic and bad management.
- Personal choice (or its illusion) is being removed from the game. Starting stats are fixed. Feats are binary and mostly useless bc you can play without them and not notice a difference most of the time. Boons can be ignored and you wont notice much of difference.
- Most classes resemble their predecessors in name only
- At-Wills have almost no value atm
- Paladin tanks can be successful using only 2 buttons. Feels like punishment.
- Barbarian is all about encounters which just feels wrong.
- Lots of quests and mobs are buggy or broken
- Scaling is going to punish people with low IL
- Forced group play which by itself is not a bad thing is going to alienate a lot of people
In conclusion, Cryptic took a very flawed game and is replacing it with a simplified system where high TTK and limited options are going to put many people to sleep.
What has been your experience so far?