test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Video on Preview

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
edited March 2019 in General Discussion (PC)

This video shows a my rogue on Preview, she is a 12.3K item level as I enter the game on Preview. I am posting a time index, as the video runtime is 44 minutes, you might be only interested in one area and not everything. It is my hope that this will answer questions for those without Preview.

00:00 - 00:38 scroll through the base stats on character sheet.
00:39 - 05:36 selection and display of powers & feats.
05:37 - 08:10 display of the new generic boons offered.
08:11 - 09:27 companion items and runes.
09:28 - 10:14 mount insignia.
10:15 - 11:32 N/A travel to get quest
11:33 - 20:25 Soloing Bonegrinder, something this character never did before Preview. Note at 15:53 I one-shot the second boss witch Hecate Crowreight.
20:26 - 21:19 N/A travel to PE
21:20 - 22:49 Exchanging Runestones Eldritch for Bonding. Where did they go?
22:50 - 28:39 Exchanging insignia Leech and Vigor. Took sometime to figure it out.
28:40 - 29:30 Looking for the missing bonding in my bank... not there.
29:31 - 30:50 Digging through inventory.
30:51 - 31:22 Hit wrong key and dropped back to character selection. LOL
32:22 - 34:35 Looking over companion settings. Goofy gus as all companions wear the same 3 items.
34:36 - OH look! I found the missing bonding! How? I don't know.
34:40 - 35:20 Placing the bonding Runestones.
35:21 - 35:51 Character is now Item level 13.3K Time to enter the Yawning Portal!!
35:52 - 36:24 N/A travel time to YP
36:25 - 37:25 Seeking enemy to fight.
37:26 - 38:34 Xuna companion kills first enemy, who was planning on leaving.
38:35 - 39:25 Seeking enemy to fight.
39:26 - 40:18 Xuna companion kills the second mob. Why am I here?
40:18 - 41:05 The dungeon seems empty today. This is a vast open dungeon. Maybe other players killed them already?
41:06 - 41:40 These guys are just too easy to kill.
41:41 - 42:19 Another mob defeated.
42:20 Back to PE and Exit.

I fail to see how the players with much better character than this, will find anything challenging at this point.
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    You skipped the trip to the Mask to talk to Neveremember before heading to the Yawning Portal?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    @greywynd yes I did, apparently on Preview you don't need to speak to Neverember. However skipping the conversation in the Moonstone Mask, will not allow you to get the items from his reward chest. The dialog between you and bartender also fails to make sense, as you just came in through the door, and did not "climb out of the pit" as the bartender will relate to you. I believe the developers must be planning to place a lock out on this at a later date. Players will then be forced to go with Jarlaxle on the first trip as they should.

Also was looking more at fighting in the Undermountain and not wanting to record a long cut scene. The video is raw and has no audio. I keep seeing the same old argument in chat; from lovers and haters of M16. TBH, I am more sick about losing the Foundry than the success or failure of this module. I am concerned they are making it too easy to blow through mobs. Some posters in the forums seem to think this module will be a challenge. Even if they toughen up the Undermountain, players in other campaigns will bypass areas. Maybe not engage the campaigns at all.

I am pretty sure we have already seen players in Vistani gear, running with the dummy artifacts, and asking us why they cannot solo content that is clearly out of their league. The gear is nice, but they really need to return and finish older content. Module 16 seems to just compound the issue with more free gear. If the gear ends up better than Ravenloft, why bother to do hunts? I recall seeing the elite groups (some friends of mine) work the Ravenloft campaign for 3 or 4 weeks then take off because they were done. There was a currency "omens" that gated the campaign. I don't see one here. Again maybe this will be added in after Preview.

I would be more concerned about this, but I am more like meh, the Foundry and all my work is gone April 11th. :angry:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, doing the intro also makes sense of the voice that says, "You should not have come back," when you start the quests.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Yeah, doing the intro also makes sense of the voice that says, "You should not have come back," when you start the quests.

I wish I had found an option to have gotten the intro. Spoke to Knox and Neverember and neither gave me it. Just saw the new location on the map and went to it.
  • Options
    There's no directive except the quest itself. You have to go to the Mask to talk to Neveremember.
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    greywynd said:

There's no directive except the quest itself. You have to go to the Mask to talk to Neveremember.

I did hear people say to go to the mask and I did, but I never found Nevermember .So after failing to find him I just went to the map location thanks for response. Will copy over another toon and see if I can find him this time thanks. Was thinking this was a very story hook or in my case no reason at all to go lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    You get a letter in your quest log saying Neverember wants to talk with you at Moonstone Mask. When you go there, he and other leaders tell you about visions and portal opening all over the land. After you grab some gear out of the chest, you are told to go downstairs to the bar and talk to Jarlaxle. @hawkeyel if you go to the page where you copy your character to preview, you can copy the same one again. It will add another current copy to preview with a numbered suffix. (e.g. Dirk Anvil Slade would be Dirk Anvil Slade 1) Not all that much to see and the dialog is still has broken audio. But it does give you a reason behind go there other than to do quests for the bartender.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    hawkeyel said:

I did hear people say to go to the mask and I did, but I never found Nevermember .So after failing to find him I just went to the map location thanks for response. Will copy over another toon and see if I can find him this time thanks. Was thinking this was a very story hook or in my case no reason at all to go lol.

Main entry level, hang a right. There are 2 guards outside the door in an alcove.