test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Im worried that module 16 will ruin my unusual build: a dps paladin

2»

Comments

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Unless you never enter a dungeon, you cannot completely ignore what is needed to make you viable in dungeons.

This week the magic number looks to be 400 hit points by the way...
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    > @obsidiancran3 said:
    > Unless you never enter a dungeon, you cannot completely ignore what is needed to make you viable in dungeons.
    >
    > This week the magic number looks to be 400 hit points by the way...

> @obsidiancran3 said:
    > Unless you never enter a dungeon, you cannot completely ignore what is needed to make you viable in dungeons.
    >
    > This week the magic number looks to be 400 hit points by the way...

I run public queues only, and the party is good enough to do anything by itself in most queues. So of course I'll be aiming for solo builds
  • ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    DPS paladin is dead / Damage Negation Paladin is dead / Power Share Paladin build is dead in Mod 16

Tank (Justicar) Paladin in Mod 16 is basically you keep your shield up and hopefull that divinity is filled up somehow which is an issue for endgame dungeon, so that you can use an encounter ( It is all about managing divinty) .

In my humble opinion divinity system is just ICD over your cooldown which is really bad thought and not practical for endgame, I don't like having random variable that determines how my playstyle will be like.

Given that we already are always holding our shield so we don't contribute to party's dps and it is all about managing divinity that you can't see divinity's bar number unless you move the cursor over the divinity meter. The whole divinity mechanic is just a joke.

To Elaborate that from my point of view as programmer

Do we know how much a mob's hit will generate divinty? We Don't
    Do we know how much a Boss's single hit will generate divinity? We Don't

And based on that single hit i am supposed to adjust my rotation and if my divinity is not enough i guarantee you the party is dead , healing generates threat and the whole whining will be towards the Tank and Healer.

Paladins will not be desired in Epic Trials if this system is deployed in Mod 16 and we know it will deployed, it is too late to be changed and they are 10 days from the end of the sprint and no matter what they need to get a product out for their stakeholder (wizards of the coast).

I understand it is not impactful for the stake holder but for me a customer i am getting dished to something that is not fun. And they will fix it in next 1-2 month after mod 16 that is how it is for us PC players and that is what i am mad about seriously.

Enough of my nagging i know but the best tank in mod 16 overall i think it is the fighter.

I like the Fighter more than the paladin for mod 16 (more consistant tank with better class mechanic that is easier used for endgame & effective ( I know that Dig In has little problem of keeping threat while active but it is not meant to be used for ever rather in critical moments that needs you to take damage from party to relief the healer) .

The fighter is more engaging it can hit at wills at least while blocking not just putting your shield and that is it) .. my paladin is parked till they decide to change this divinity mechanic for heavens the class mechanic we are still experminting it till now and i don't like it and the whole concept of palisade is wrong the A.I. for the mobs just flanks you so how is that effective ?? I am just laughing this is just so funny and I know it has been changed to include 1 aura.

I agree that Paladin in Mod 15 is a joke and it had to be redesigned but the class so different, i like aggressive tanking and i believe that the rest will agree

When you (Devs) make people change from being aggressive to just putting shield up without any engage how could i be excited about playing the class.

Most of paladins will probably roll either a sentinal barbarian / fighter ( Sentinal barbarian still not fully polished , the most polished tank for endgame is the fighter period)
  • gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    the real unsecret is that Paladins in Dungeons and Dragons are DPS Tanks by default...... they are front line combatants for their chosen gods. The Holy Avenger swd in the hands of a Paladin in Dungeons and Dragons dispels hostile magic, creates protection from evil buff radius, has the highest bonuses for damage against evil beings
    > @gor1llaf1st said:
    > the real unsecret is that Paladins in Dungeons and Dragons are DPS Tanks by default...... they are front line combatants for their chosen gods. The Holy Avenger swd in the hands of a Paladin in Dungeons and Dragons dispels hostile magic, creates protection from evil buff radius, has the highest bonuses for damage against evil beings

Right. Paladin is also a good dps in D&D. You are right. This is a mistake of the devs
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Welcome to D&D-lite Gentlemen.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    ryonas said:

DPS paladin is dead / Damage Negation Paladin is dead / Power Share Paladin build is dead in Mod 16

Tank (Justicar) Paladin in Mod 16 is basically you keep your shield up and hopefull that divinity is filled up somehow which is an issue for endgame dungeon, so that you can use an encounter ( It is all about managing divinty) .

In my humble opinion divinity system is just ICD over your cooldown which is really bad thought and not practical for endgame, I don't like having random variable that determines how my playstyle will be like.

Given that we already are always holding our shield so we don't contribute to party's dps and it is all about managing divinity that you can't see divinity's bar number unless you move the cursor over the divinity meter. The whole divinity mechanic is just a joke.

To Elaborate that from my point of view as programmer

Do we know how much a mob's hit will generate divinty? We Don't
    Do we know how much a Boss's single hit will generate divinity? We Don't

And based on that single hit i am supposed to adjust my rotation and if my divinity is not enough i guarantee you the party is dead , healing generates threat and the whole whining will be towards the Tank and Healer.

Paladins will not be desired in Epic Trials if this system is deployed in Mod 16 and we know it will deployed, it is too late to be changed and they are 10 days from the end of the sprint and no matter what they need to get a product out for their stakeholder (wizards of the coast).

I understand it is not impactful for the stake holder but for me a customer i am getting dished to something that is not fun. And they will fix it in next 1-2 month after mod 16 that is how it is for us PC players and that is what i am mad about seriously.

Enough of my nagging i know but the best tank in mod 16 overall i think it is the fighter.

I like the Fighter more than the paladin for mod 16 (more consistant tank with better class mechanic that is easier used for endgame & effective ( I know that Dig In has little problem of keeping threat while active but it is not meant to be used for ever rather in critical moments that needs you to take damage from party to relief the healer) .

The fighter is more engaging it can hit at wills at least while blocking not just putting your shield and that is it) .. my paladin is parked till they decide to change this divinity mechanic for heavens the class mechanic we are still experminting it till now and i don't like it and the whole concept of palisade is wrong the A.I. for the mobs just flanks you so how is that effective ?? I am just laughing this is just so funny and I know it has been changed to include 1 aura.

I agree that Paladin in Mod 15 is a joke and it had to be redesigned but the class so different, i like aggressive tanking and i believe that the rest will agree

When you (Devs) make people change from being aggressive to just putting shield up without any engage how could i be excited about playing the class.

Most of paladins will probably roll either a sentinal barbarian / fighter ( Sentinal barbarian still not fully polished , the most polished tank for endgame is the fighter period)

its funny becouse the reason i began playing NV is that I didnt have to manage stupid mana like in other MMO, joke on me now that im a paladin i guess.
    > @leonidrex said:
    > DPS paladin is dead / Damage Negation Paladin is dead / Power Share Paladin build is dead in Mod 16
    >
    > Tank (Justicar) Paladin in Mod 16 is basically you keep your shield up and hopefull that divinity is filled up somehow which is an issue for endgame dungeon, so that you can use an encounter ( It is all about managing divinty) .
    >
    > In my humble opinion divinity system is just ICD over your cooldown which is really bad thought and not practical for endgame, I don't like having random variable that determines how my playstyle will be like.
    >
    > Given that we already are always holding our shield so we don't contribute to party's dps and it is all about managing divinity that you can't see divinity's bar number unless you move the cursor over the divinity meter. The whole divinity mechanic is just a joke.
    >
    >
    > To Elaborate that from my point of view as programmer
    >
    > Do we know how much a mob's hit will generate divinty? We Don't
    > Do we know how much a Boss's single hit will generate divinity? We Don't
    >
    > And based on that single hit i am supposed to adjust my rotation and if my divinity is not enough i guarantee you the party is dead , healing generates threat and the whole whining will be towards the Tank and Healer.
    >
    > Paladins will not be desired in Epic Trials if this system is deployed in Mod 16 and we know it will deployed, it is too late to be changed and they are 10 days from the end of the sprint and no matter what they need to get a product out for their stakeholder (wizards of the coast).
    >
    > I understand it is not impactful for the stake holder but for me a customer i am getting dished to something that is not fun. And they will fix it in next 1-2 month after mod 16 that is how it is for us PC players and that is what i am mad about seriously.
    >
    > Enough of my nagging i know but the best tank in mod 16 overall i think it is the fighter.
    >
    >
    > I like the Fighter more than the paladin for mod 16 (more consistant tank with better class mechanic that is easier used for endgame & effective ( I know that Dig In has little problem of keeping threat while active but it is not meant to be used for ever rather in critical moments that needs you to take damage from party to relief the healer) .
    >
    > The fighter is more engaging it can hit at wills at least while blocking not just putting your shield and that is it) .. my paladin is parked till they decide to change this divinity mechanic for heavens the class mechanic we are still experminting it till now and i don't like it and the whole concept of palisade is wrong the A.I. for the mobs just flanks you so how is that effective ?? I am just laughing this is just so funny and I know it has been changed to include 1 aura.
    >
    > I agree that Paladin in Mod 15 is a joke and it had to be redesigned but the class so different, i like aggressive tanking and i believe that the rest will agree
    >
    > When you (Devs) make people change from being aggressive to just putting shield up without any engage how could i be excited about playing the class.
    >
    > Most of paladins will probably roll either a sentinal barbarian / fighter ( Sentinal barbarian still not fully polished , the most polished tank for endgame is the fighter period)
    >
    >
    > its funny becouse the reason i began playing NV is that I didnt have to manage stupid mana like in other MMO, joke on me now that im a paladin i guess.

Kinda right
  • srad600srad600 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I have done 9 re-specs on my Justicar (the first 8 were my own builds) and finally found this one on this very forum https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1247899/justicar-paladin-rotation-suggestion-for-class-mechanic-in-mod-16

My own builds were ok for lower level content and doing damage but had all the issues that you guys are suffering. The current build (linked) has high stam regen and much more controllable divinity usage making tough mob tanking much more viable.
    By the way, everyone, forgot to tell you, but about a month ago, while testing and respecing, I found a build that works, and my dps has increased. Also, I posted this build and people really liked it. So kind of problem solved, I guess