test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestions + Feedback from a 2+ year player (& mod 16 preview)

miaghi#4899 miaghi Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Hi!
I've been wanting to write this review/suggestion for a while so let's get to the point x-)
I'll state the topics in order of relevance/urgency: the first I judge urgent and top relevant and the rest suggestions and totally open for reply as for why they can't be implemented or how etc:
1 - "GAME LIBERTY AND VARIETY"
Since the beginning, "everybody knows" a meta-ish gwf is a either half-orc or dragonborn (worst case scenario a Human) with the only socially allowed (for their strength) following powers: encounters - IBS, HIDDEN DAGGERS, DS, BF. at-wills: sure strike and weapon master strike. daylies: crescendo and slam. PERIOD.
Since you guys are already in a process of a huge change in the game as a whole, it would be nice not to give reason for those pro players to call the rest 80% of powers of almost every class in one's Power Tab, quote, "useless". Personally, I'm tired of stopping playing games because of this extreme narrowing and impoverishment of the gameplay. In the end of the day, if you put powers to be literally less than others, you must either specify that (like CLEARLY STATING in-game, for example: "section of powers from level 10-30...these powers are for the beginning and are weaker than the others etc etc... "section of powers from level 70-80 top late game powers etc etc etc) OR remove them. Simple.
For more information you guys can simply access youtube (not being cynical here lol) for people's mod 16 preview's review, just like me, a regular player do. These are very relevant in my opinion ..
- the most roles I play and which I'd love to see differences are GWF and GF: Not So Fast, could have an competitive magnitude; Weapon Master Strike could be AoE again; Hidden Daggers are most hated (but nonetheless tolerated) by most GWF players I've encountered. This "trick" or Power is totally a Trickster Rogue-like. Please nerf it (or, again, increase the power of the others) so one does not NEED to use them in order to be competitive; Restoring Strike could have higher Healing magnitude; Punishing Charge + magnitude; Roar I'd say could have something else added. So far it's not either appealing neither "relevant".
- for GF (tank) please regard the 'Dig In' new power since it's, again, "useless" so far - watch Silv3ry channel on YT please :) (I aggree with 90% of what's stated there ..)
*Last Note in this section: Trickster rogue's Impossible to Catch could have now an Evasion rate, instead of a Deflection rate and GWF's Mighty Leap could (animation-wise) slam the ground with it's weapon after the leap instead of damaging with its "overweight" thank you =-D

2- "CHARACTER AND GAME AESTHETICS"
a. This is something people who'll potentially read this will start hate-commenting on me. This is totally me and just a suggestion - see, I'm part of the minority of players (around 10% at best) who actually care about the fantasy, their idealized characters and would like to see those fantasies be able to come alive, in this case, in a MMORPG game such as Neverwinter. Stating this, I wonder how costly is to differentiate the Voice Acting between races and/or classes. It bugs me to hear the same voice, when jumping for example, in my Tough-bearded short Axe bearer Dwarf and my 'less rough' Trickster Rogue Drow: so much so that in every power that has voice acting in the trickster rogue class is more suiting and less rough - it'd simply different (Smoke Bomb, Bloodbath etc).
b. Another thing I'd TOTALLY wish to experience in your guy's game is the following: when the GWF (now Barbarian) uses Unstoppable no matter if the GWF in question is a "helmetless" Dragonborn, if it bears an axe, spear or a hammer; the animation is always the same: as some short Barbarian with a horned helmet possessed the character and went out in rage turning him 'unstoppable'. What would it take to fit this per-character actually? No less important you have this same "barbarian yellow spirit" (bearing a SWORD no less) summoned in powers like Flourish (which, sorry for repetitiveness, could be being cast by a dragonborn bearing a Hammer), or Steel Blitz being activated at an Ar-Will power ... Also there are colours who are always present in some classes: for example the Hunter Ranger, now Hunter (or Archer lol sorry I forgot 'xD ) point is that the Ranger part is taken out now ! Which means this class doesnt necessarily has a contact with nature so that green colour in alot of powers + its At-Wills usage could be flexibilized or changed, returning this again, to what I stated in the beginning of "widen variety of forms and options" for a more 'fantasy caring' gameplay.
c. Game interactions could be enlarged: sitting in every chair, having interactive Emotions with Objects and/or NPC's/other players available would be awesome + being able to swim, interact with water it's something I bet alot of players would love to see besides me.
d. This one is the last and it's just a suggestion and a major bug fix "denouncing" - with all due the respect. Suggestion: Water Texture is terrible, with all due the respect. It goes against everything graphic-wise in this game. Its absurd. Fixing it, giving it a more 2013+ look (literally) would be nice (not to talk about 2019 lol). And bug fix: Bugged bosses in Fangbreaker Island, and some BHE's like Chult sometimes fail; Acquisitions Incorporated quest bugs that doesn't finish or can't pass them also are bugged anddd also story text grammar is wrong (specially in the 1 - 60 level campaign's text there are alot of (brutal, easily-fixed) grammar errors (yes, I've literally read it all). That's all. Thank you