test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PS4 to PS5

When the PS5 comes out will the PS4 server be playable on the PS5? The PC game always remains playable when new versions of Windows come out. Anyway I`m considering a console but only if the game remains playable. I would hate to see my hard work wasted when the Next Gen consoles come out.

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    bluetech said:

When the PS5 comes out will the PS4 server be playable on the PS5? The PC game always remains playable when new versions of Windows come out. Anyway I`m considering a console but only if the game remains playable. I would hate to see my hard work wasted when the Next Gen consoles come out.

don't let this game decide your console choices. you'll miss out on a lot of better games if you do that. some very excellent aaa games are due for release. the big name title releases are the things that influence my console choices.. (and there are excellent games on both xbox and ps consoles so we always have at least oen of each. sometimes 2. lol. (if we both need a console to play the same match at the same time lol)
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Similar to PC, the Consoles use a Client to access the game. Most of the data including characters is stored server side and it wouldn't be the greatest stretch to simply create a new client for the console if necessary and link it to the platform server.
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Sony recently got a patent for backwards compatibility...from IGN:

"Developing optimized cross platform maths, animation and geometry libraries for Playstation 3, Playstation Vita and Playstation 4 platforms."
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Sony always promises that you will be able to play your old games on the new console to m ake it easier for you to decide to buy their new hardware.

It never delivers tho.. once they grab your cash bye bye compatibility.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    draugkir said:

Sony always promises that you will be able to play your old games on the new console to m ake it easier for you to decide to buy their new hardware.

It never delivers tho.. once they grab your cash bye bye compatibility.

I'd be happy even if we had to buy the games over again to play in the PS4 but nooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    1st gen PS3 delivered on backwards compatibility, after that? Not so much...