test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Applying artisans changing after the dismissed artisan

This has happened multiple times, a rare blue artisan will apply for job, then I would dismiss a artisan or two to make room, then go back to hire the rare blue artisan, and the artisan changed right before my eyes to a common artisan.

Comments

• cnfreecnfree Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    This actually happens on multiple platforms. The RNG on the artisans is always on - meaning, that the level, name, and rarity of an applicant can change when you leave that dialogue.

I would expect that when you open an applicant, that the game saves the pertinent data for that applicant until you decide whether to keep\discard that applicant.

I have tested this on PS4 and PC.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

This has happened multiple times, a rare blue artisan will apply for job, then I would dismiss a artisan or two to make room, then go back to hire the rare blue artisan, and the artisan changed right before my eyes to a common artisan.

this just happened to me. I had seyrin apply so I went and booted heywa. then I went back to that screen and instead of seyrin being there it was heywa back? :(
  • rookieh#6522 rookieh Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    yes i have to always remember to keep a slot open b4 going in. conversely ive gained 30+ levels by going back a page then reentering the applicant page (sometimes 20+ times). for me the commissions and speed always are constant its the level and commonality that change. ive been burned also but now use to my advantage.
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    I can confirm this bug. I had to make room for a new Alchemist applicant and they changed into an Adventurer applicant after i made room.
  • dusty991dusty991 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I quit this game 5 years ago because of the changes made to crafting. And now that I am trying to find interest in the game again and I am finding myself increasingly angered at the mechanic that allows you to spend 200k credit points to get a new rare artisan, but after wasting 1 million and always getting the exact same thing I'm considering leaving again. If I am going to spend an enormous amount of currency I should get to choose the quality of artisan, or at least get a choice of 3 to 5 of them. Every single one was the same. +75% commission and +75% speed, which are totally useless for higher level crafting as you will spend more to craft it than you can sell it for. One thing is for sure, while these types of mechanics are in place always having a greater chance to be ripped off than to gain, I'll never spend another penny of real money on it. Can't wait for the new mmo to arrive so I can delete this one.