test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Masterwork profession with module 16

ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
A big problem I noticed is that masterwork professions haven't updated to level 80 on preview. That makes masterwork gear obsolete, and basically killing masterwork,which became a neccesary mechanics for the economy over the years. There's still time before launch on live, and I think the developers should do the following:
1) add 10 more levels for all professions, where you can craft level 71-80 equipment.
2)update all masterwork/chultan tasks to level 80: give the gear obtained from those tasks a major increase in stats and item level, and give it all a level 80 minimum requirement.

That's the only way I can think of to keep mastercrafting alive. I heard other players thoughts about the subject too, by the way. They agree
Tagged:

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Not going to happen. I would expect a masterwork update in Mod 17 (hopefully also with a fix to the issue with +1 items not being accepted in the quests), but until then masterwork is effectively dead.

Crafting as such is not quite dead....there should be a market for healing potions and +1 armor kits for all the cool new L80 gear that people will be getting, but that's about it.

I complained about this during the alpha playtest (I have max rank masterwork in all professions, so this affects me personally), and suggested at least updating a few recipes, like pants and shirts, or allowing mastercrafters to create companion gear, but ....
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    I think it's a major mistake not to upgrade masterwork. Should I start producing a LOT of stuff with masterwork to sell it before module 16 on live?
    ron#1747 said:

I think it's a major mistake not to upgrade masterwork. Should I start producing a LOT of stuff with masterwork to sell it before module 16 on live?

Probably not advisable. The demand has probably dropped a lot once people realized that Masterwork gear will become obsolete next month, so any mastercrafter who is sitting on some gear is probably trying to offload it before it becomes totally worthless. Prices should be dropping below cost of production eventually.

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Until the Devs upgrade masterworks so that level V is better than anything we can get this year and do it soon (before Mod 16 hits). If they don't, it will be THE COMANY'S fault for not keeping Masterworks as Masterworks - the BEST in the game each year.
    COMPANY'S
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    Already spent many AD on preperations. Hope ill soon get enough for masterwork too
    I am actually wondering whether Masterwork will have any future at all. The issue is that if masterwork gear is only seen as viable for a single module, people will probably not be willing to spend a crazy amount of AD on Masterwork gear.

I think the best solution to keep Masterwork relevant would be to allow Masterwork recipes to improve any existing gear. Right now, the only crafted gear that will be in demand in M16 (apart from healing potions) are the +1 armor kits and gems. Something like that would work for Masterwork too.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Masterwork shouldn't be "best". It should be comparable to whatever the current mod is.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Masterwork shouldn't be "best". It should be comparable to whatever the current mod is.

Wrong, Masterwork V items should be better than anything else available that year and IV, III and II should be 20, 40 and 60 Il less rspectively than MW V. This will at least keep people working on MW to get to MW V.
    bobo#5090 said:

greywynd said:

I wholeheartedly agree, some of us(myself) are primarily weekend warriors. It takes us forever just to complete the last 3 mods, let alone farm and finish the tasks for crafting bs. I look at it as a total waste of my time especially since they changed it with mod 15.. I had only just gotten started on trying to craft stuff, and they revamped the whole to make it harder, and less intuitive. I don't wanna spend hours on end grinding for craft tasks, even if the stuff ends up being better than the mod gear. Even then, if the craft gear is better than the mod gear, why am I even playing the game? If I wanna "craft" "I'll go play minecraft, or some dopey game like that.

1. Don't do the Grind
    2. It's not intuitive to you, but it is to me. Maybe I have more experience IRL.
    3. Do it on the side, that's what I do.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Wrong, Masterwork V items should be better than anything else available that year and IV, III and II should be 20, 40 and 60 Il less rspectively than MW V. This will at least keep people working on MW to get to MW V.

A masterwork item is simply a task given to a tradesman to show that they are no longer a journeyman.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

A masterwork item is simply a task given to a tradesman to show that they are no longer a journeyman.
    It wouldn't be bad if it was JUST ONE TASK to get to MW V, but it's not. Finishing MW II meets the criteria, but MW I or III doesn't. I haven't made it to MW IV or V, so I am unsure about those.