test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16: The good, the bad and the rest

Comments

• kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User

wylonus said:

thank you frozen, words for those ability seem wrong choice of words.
    Deflect would be for "Dodging" instead of Accuracy, because that word sound like shooting right on the mark or hitting right on mark, if you are shield bearer and talented enough to reflect damages back. look up "Parry", it said deflect, sidestep, fend off, avert, counter-move, and evasion, so I would pick Evasion.
    so, Accuracy seem a wrong word, it means "Precision", exactness, perfect and Zero in", that what Thesaurus said in book.

Awareness is "perception, recognition, and insight" there is no word meaning for armor penetration in thesaurus or webster. again wrong choice of word, true word for armor penetration is "Piercing".

please take those words to programmer, using wrong words only confuse players even more. replace with Evasion for Accuracy, and Piercing for Awareness. if they (devs) dont change, then they dont listen to players, so please stop confusing. and if not sure, then Please look up Thesaurus and Merriam-Webster. i am sure other players who read this and look up will know.

No, I meant to say Awareness is to Combat Advantage like Armor Penetration is to Defense.

Deflect doesn't really have a proper counter word anyways, so Accuracy is fine IMO.
    Probably Velocity? High velocity seems to be harder to deflect.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I miss being able to shift and move to regain. Stealth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    still wrong choice of words, sorry. i hope i am not in trouble, my heart and mind still not in peace.

use it and you still confusing folks, even the newer players when they seen these words used, i dont think you let the devs knowing wrong words they choose.

Evasion/Parry and Piercing sound better and made more sense.
    just saying once, not to repeat in this topic, i am not going to arguing, this is it. i just want to hear from devs, their own words, i dont like to argue with ego power trip or brown-nosed.

because that is my opinion of those words still confusing and will contintue after mod 16 launch, majority will look up thesaurus and webster more confused for many months to come.
    i am just being honest and please look up.

please explain how those Accuracy and Awareness and what they "really means" in thesaurus and why it was chosen for the game.
    edited March 2019
    Vendood, they made companions more simplified, you only need 3 Bonding stones instead of 15 stones, and 3 comp gears, this eliminating excessive inventory, but they give you 6 choices for buffs instead of 5 actives. i like this newer changes for companions and items, runes, all meant to boost. they werent suppose to use enchantments in first place. it too strong.

just think about having 6 alts, you would need 90 bonding stones total if not changed. then 18 was enough, 3 per character was all you need,
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    You only ever needed 3 stones unless, for some reason, you needed to speed-change your summoned.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @frozenfirevr said:
    > many players are now stuck with rings they previously used on companions and those rings are now essentially useless.
    >
    > This is an absolute moot point, but keeps coming up again and again and again... Why do people keep forgetting the level cap increase? Those equipment reached end of life even before companions were touched upon.

No, It is not moot.
    If you have 3 non-companion rings on a pet that , that pet is now naked.
    If the rule were not put in place, you would at least have 3 outdated rings on your pet. Underpowered, but better then naked.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    > @kharkov58 said:
    > Can I see a show of hands from those who would be willing to play a paragon path where the paragon "features" includes minus 30% damage dealt?

"Willing"? No.
    But I came to NW in 2013 to play a fighter tank.
    If I want to keep playing as one in Mod16 I have no choice.

Wouldn't mind so much if Vanguard could get and hold aggro.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited March 2019

No, It is not moot.

If you have 3 non-companion rings on a pet that , that pet is now naked.

If the rule were not put in place, you would at least have 3 outdated rings on your pet. Underpowered, but better then naked.

I'm pretty sure a few zone mobs can be handled without a decked out companion. Companion gear is pretty easy to get next mod. A minor inconvenience is all it is.
    FrozenFire
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

Companion gear is pretty easy to get next mod.

As long as I don't have to suffer through three rounds of Illusionist's Gambit to get it, I probably will only complain a little bit. If I have to suffer through IG, that will increase the likelihood that I'll find something else to do with my time rather than Neverwinter.
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User

As long as I don't have to suffer through three rounds of Illusionist's Gambit to get it, I probably will only complain a little bit. If I have to suffer through IG, that will increase the likelihood that I'll find something else to do with my time rather than Neverwinter.

If you can make Merchant Prince Folly keys (e.g. completed Chult), companion equip drops from that chest too. The highest I got so far is +4 (unbound, 2 slots). Don't know if +5 drops from MPF, if yes drop rate is very very low
  • saj01saj01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    so are they stuffing the archery hunter again is it some thing that will change when it goes live. I have played my hunter on the the preview server, using cordon of arrow which is a main attack for archery, i get mobbed and killed because it does'nt pull them together or do damage like it's spose to so you get mobbed and you die.
  • agamemnon#7853 agamemnon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAhD4u9jrqY

no difficulty what is it?

• myrinxmyrinx Member Posts: 35 Arc User

adinosii said:

many players are now stuck with rings they previously used on companions and those rings are now essentially useless.

This is an absolute moot point, but keeps coming up again and again and again... Why do people keep forgetting the level cap increase? Those equipment reached end of life even before companions were touched upon.
    Having an item with depreciated value is not the same as having an item which can no longer be used.

I thought it was really cool that they incorporated gear that people could craft and was able to be slotted on companions (items like the shimmerweave sash, drakehorn necklace, etc) Non-master crafters could make a little AD or people that like to craft could make it for themselves. It was fun for me to get to outfit my alts with some new, neat, useful eq. As someone mentioned, many will still be doing level 70 content with mains, or alts and don't want to have to reinvest time and AD just to restore them to a same strength level they had already obtained. And this is in addition to masterworks gear which now isn't just "outdated", they actually fall off! Your response is a narrow and dismissive view of the effort and time people have put into their characters.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    I think we need to look at the end result and not whine about how unfair the world will be on launch day.

Yes, a number of pets will be naked on launch day, but 3 full IG runs and you will have *something* to fill those slots with at least. And there could be sources of companion gear somewhere inside Undermountain.

What we need to worry about is the end state when we are all 80 and have put some effort into fixing the damages done by Undermountain to our characters. That is where we will be spending the significant time going forward.
    > @mentinmindmaker said:
    > I think we need to look at the end result and not whine about how unfair the world will be on launch day.
    >
    > Yes, a number of pets will be naked on launch day, but 3 full IG runs and you will have *something* to fill those slots with at least. And there could be sources of companion gear somewhere inside Undermountain.
    >
    > What we need to worry about is the end state when we are all 80 and have put some effort into fixing the damages done by Undermountain to our characters. That is where we will be spending the significant time going forward.

Most of us agree with you. A moderator keeps telling us to shut up and accept it because it is "absolutely a moot point".
    But you are probably right.
    The devs and their echo-chambers have made it clear this is not changing.
    Not sure if "damages" adequately describes it.
    This is in most senses a reboot of NW. Either the shells of our former characters will adapt or not.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    It is a needed change plain and simple. They needed to find way to either incorperate the companion items and runestones or delete them from the game completely. I for one am glade they found a way to make it work. I can see you having non-companion items on a few of your toons but not all of them, If you sold/deleted/converted to RP or salvaged +4/+5 companion gear or never put any time into IG runs then guess what you have 6+ weeks to farm them up. Heck you can solo IG if you need to. 10 min a day tell Undermountain lauch will net you a ton of companion gear.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User

> @mentinmindmaker said:

> I think we need to look at the end result and not whine about how unfair the world will be on launch day.

>

> Yes, a number of pets will be naked on launch day, but 3 full IG runs and you will have *something* to fill those slots with at least. And there could be sources of companion gear somewhere inside Undermountain.

>

> What we need to worry about is the end state when we are all 80 and have put some effort into fixing the damages done by Undermountain to our characters. That is where we will be spending the significant time going forward.

Most of us agree with you. A moderator keeps telling us to shut up and accept it because it is "absolutely a moot point".

This is in most senses a reboot of NW. Either the shells of our former characters will adapt or not.

Reboot is probably a better way of describing this than anything else I've seen so far. I've been referring to it as Neverwinter 2, but this feels more accurate.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User

If you can make Merchant Prince Folly keys (e.g. completed Chult), companion equip drops from that chest too. The highest I got so far is +4 (unbound, 2 slots). Don't know if +5 drops from MPF, if yes drop rate is very very low
    The best place recently that I've found for Companion gear is the CTAs. I dunno when the next one is going to come around, but when it does, I recommend people just farm the living hell out of it. For 100 of the CTA currency (whatever that is) you get a Companion gear reward. Its random, but its +4 purple with 2 slot.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    havlocke said:

Reboot is probably a better way of describing this than anything else I've seen so far. I've been referring to it as Neverwinter 2, but this feels more accurate.

Sometimes a reboot is a good thing. I mean, we all know that the game had issues. The buff stacking was getting absurd and if your gear was good (and your skills), the game was getting so easy it was outright boring. Excessive lifesteal meant that you were typically either at full health or dead, and quite frankly, that's just silly. Also, I fully understand that all the different boons and effects that could trigger during combat might put an excessive load on the server.

I don't think many players will argue that the current situation on Live is perfect.

The upcoming changes will indeed solve many of the current issues - the problem is just that they introduce a number of problems, and in some cases the changes seem just utterly pointless, bringing no benefits and just annoy players. The removal of initial ability rolls are an example of that. Those changes are just BAD.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    They can call it DnD as long as they have the agreement with WotC. Given the fact they are partnering again on the Magic the Gathering game and that Wizards were involved in the development of this mod - apparently Wizards insisted that GWF be renamed after it was proposed by the testers - we can assume they are ok with these changes.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    myrinx said:

adinosii said:

many players are now stuck with rings they previously used on companions and those rings are now essentially useless.

This is an absolute moot point, but keeps coming up again and again and again... Why do people keep forgetting the level cap increase? Those equipment reached end of life even before companions were touched upon.
    Having an item with depreciated value is not the same as having an item which can no longer be used.

I thought it was really cool that they incorporated gear that people could craft and was able to be slotted on companions (items like the shimmerweave sash, drakehorn necklace, etc) Non-master crafters could make a little AD or people that like to craft could make it for themselves. It was fun for me to get to outfit my alts with some new, neat, useful eq. As someone mentioned, many will still be doing level 70 content with mains, or alts and don't want to have to reinvest time and AD just to restore them to a same strength level they had already obtained. And this is in addition to masterworks gear which now isn't just "outdated", they actually fall off! Your response is a narrow and dismissive view of the effort and time people have put into their characters.
    This is my companion. I'm perfectly aware of what's being lost.

There's only so much work that can be done at one time. Professions would have to be updated later.

By being a moderator, I've agreed to help with the forum maintenance. I think I still deserve having my own personal opinions without that being brought up.
    I didn't ask you shut up (and you still are talking about it), just that it wasn't worth a discussion. Companions should've never have been able to equip regular gear, that just causes crazy spikes. There absolutely isn't a better time to make the shift than during a level cap increase at which point the losses are at the minimum.
    FrozenFire
    edited March 2019
    Just caught back with this...
    wylonus said:

i dont like to argue

We had an argument? When? While I was trying to clear a misunderstanding here?

wylonus said:

thank you frozen, words for those ability seem wrong choice of words.
    Deflect would be for "Dodging" instead of Accuracy, because that word sound like shooting right on the mark or hitting right on mark, if you are shield bearer and talented enough to reflect damages back. look up "Parry", it said deflect, sidestep, fend off, avert, counter-move, and evasion, so I would pick Evasion.
    so, Accuracy seem a wrong word, it means "Precision", exactness, perfect and Zero in", that what Thesaurus said in book.

Awareness is "perception, recognition, and insight" there is no word meaning for armor penetration in thesaurus or webster. again wrong choice of word, true word for armor penetration is "Piercing".

please take those words to programmer, using wrong words only confuse players even more. replace with Evasion for Accuracy, and Piercing for Awareness. if they (devs) dont change, then they dont listen to players, so please stop confusing. and if not sure, then Please look up Thesaurus and Merriam-Webster. i am sure other players who read this and look up will know.

No, I meant to say Awareness is to Combat Advantage like Armor Penetration is to Defense.

Deflect doesn't really have a proper counter word anyways, so Accuracy is fine IMO.
    ---
    wylonus said:

with ego power trip or brown-nosed.

Wait, what? Did I somewhere delete all your posts, give warnings, ban you and stuff over nothing?

How biased could people possibly be?
    wylonus said:

because that is my opinion of those words still confusing and will contintue after mod 16 launch, majority will look up thesaurus and webster more confused for many months to come.
    i am just being honest and please look up.

please explain how those Accuracy and Awareness and what they "really means" in thesaurus and why it was chosen for the game.

You honestly want to go look at dictionaries to find out what they mean? How about looking at the tooltips? Or maybe using some common sense as to why the stats have been grouped into duos?

If you aren't convinced, why not just use the appropriate feedback thread to make your issue known? The devs are just as accessible to you as they are to me.
    Post edited by frozenfirevr on
    FrozenFire
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Frozenfire, I think it is sometimes difficult for the "mere mortals" on the forum to distinguish between your official role as moderator (not game designer, but maybe with a more direct link to them) and your pure personal opinion (without having consulted with the devs). Also, there is a lot of frustration about MOD 16 and forum moderators are an easy target. Maybe it would help, even if it is clear to you, to make it clear on your "opinion posts", that they are a personal opinion same as that of any other "mortal" on the forum :-)
    sorry, clearly misunderstood, i am working hard on my grammer since i am deaf.
    i can see accuracy, i assumed it was for "hit right on" or point blank as successful hits, but to "dodge" as accuracy still confuse me, there are so many other words can fit like "avoidance", "evade", or "repose".

to me personally, accuracy means to me as "how good you made a hit successfully".

in past, i had seen some moderators from other games, some seem to have abuse of authority, sometime often as bully, or label as brown-nosed for "yes-men", and some players cant get answer some questions or get honest answers, some day when players get upset and want to say that way didnt work out, and then some mods turn around the messages to devs that we "likes it", it made players get more upset after they found truth later.
    so, my apologies to you because i dont know you that well and you are new for few months. it is all good since you ask me.
    so, okay, i am going to feedback section, completely forgot about that.

myrinx said:

adinosii said:

There's only so much work that can be done at one time. Professions would have to be updated later.

By being a moderator, I've agreed to help with the forum maintenance. I think I still deserve having my own personal opinions without that being brought up.
    I didn't ask you shut up (and you still are talking about it), just that it wasn't worth a discussion. Companions should've never have been able to equip regular gear, that just causes crazy spikes. There absolutely isn't a better time to make the shift than during a level cap increase at which point the losses are at the minimum.
    You are a player. You do have your opinion.
    Agreed.
    But when you have the power on censure, and you answer in some way (boot-step with the corporation) on 4 consecutive pro-company issues in a consistently condescending and dismissive tone to 4 different people, it is impossible for you to pretend to be "one of us.

But you have the power to censor. Feel free to silence all voices that disagrees with you and your ma-, um... I mean company. You win.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    edited March 2019

Maybe it would help, even if it is clear to you, to make it clear on your "opinion posts", that they are a personal opinion same as that of any other "mortal" on the forum :-)

We do use orange for messages sent in the capacity of a moderator. Maybe I should add a line to my signature stating that like the other mods did.
    wylonus said:

to me personally, accuracy means to me as "how good you made a hit successfully"

All good, but as you say, if accuracy is making a successful hit, then it does sound fairly opposite to deflect which would mean you didn't hit at the proper angle causing the sword or whatever slipped off the armor or something. No?

myrinx said:

adinosii said:

But when you have the power on censure, and you answer in some way (boot-step with the corporation) on 4 consecutive pro-company issues in a consistently condescending and dismissive tone to 4 different people, it is impossible for you to pretend to be "one of us.

But you have the power to censor. Feel free to silence all voices that disagrees with you and your ma-, um... I mean company. You win.

Why does this point even come up in your head or in this context? Or is it just a way for you to dodge the point I put forth?

Did I, ever, remove a post just cause it disagreed with me?

Condescending and dismissive tone? Cause I said something wasn't an actual problem and didn't matter much? For defending my opinion on the matter against people who responded to me?
    I have to pretend to be one of you? Dude... What?! Do you actually think I'm getting something for agreeing with somebody?

What is even wrong with you? You assume we're at a contest now? Wow. Geez. I'm so done here.
    FrozenFire