test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A rogues take of the new module ...

So I spent the day going through all the quests trying out as much as I possibly could. I reached level 80 and have played around with just about everything. This of course is simply my opinion and other rogues are entitled to their own opinions. By no means is my build the only way a rogue can be done.

So first off I do like the overall interface, boons, companions feats and so on. I do like some of the new skills that have been added. I do like the crit vs resist the awareness stats and just that whole implementation though I do think it need to be adjusted. And that about ends the positive feedback.

For a rogue built as I am i feed off of Shadow of Demise. Whenever I run combat tracker in the old module its is 100% my top dps skill every time I run a hunt or dungeon that allows me to use a full burn scenario. These changes have basicly killed my build. Starting with the fact you have separated too many skills into paths unreachable. The benefit of the old feats chain was that even though i was an Exec rogue I could still put some points into Sabo skill I used. I was able to put 5/5 into both skill that lowered my CD times. Knife Edge and Shady Prep. In the new build you have separated them into separate paths making it impossible to have both. Shadow of Demise only gives you small time frame to hit as many good encounter powers as you can and you have killed my ability to do so by splitting those skills up and by basiclly killing recovry time. Even with using all the new module feats i can to improve my recharge time its still useless. In addition the the severe drop in recharge time, the AP gain is competely horrid with no way to add to it. I get you want to stop some classes from spamming encounters but encounter are a rogues beef skills. Our at wills are filler skills and our dailies are not consistent damage skills. Lurkers being the most important skill which itself does not do damage but rather buff our encounter powers. You really need to adjust rogues ability to improve recharge speed/AP gain, and the little gains from CHA do nothing (or lower encounter CDs and give me both Knives Edge and Shady prep).

Second problem i have is that you have basicly taken all the skills i use and split them up into paths. Glooming Cut and Dazing Strike are Assasin skills that I want but everything else is in Whispering Knife. So basiclly now I have to go WK and use junk throwing skills I cant stand using. About the only good news is that Lashing Blade is available on both paths. Lurkers Assault should be a fundamental rogue skill not just a WK skill. You need to rethink how your separate paths. To be honest for dps classes I dont really like paths at all. It not like dps have a healer . tank path its dps or dps. Let us build whatever skill paths we want to make our dps great. I also am not a fan of the feats A) OR b) path choices. And lastly not a fan of the nerfing of all the feats. Shadow of Demise used to be 6 second and more damage and now its 5 and less damage as an example.

Companions

Not a fan of nerfing all my archon pets. I put alot of time/diamonds into getting those pets and now they will be useless.

Same can be said of making companion gear Comp ONLY. I put alot of dias into my electrum necklace which is now useless.

Same can be said of not allowing pets to wear enchants like Black Ice and so on. Thats 5 more enchants that are now useless.

Bug/Fixes

Strength currently add 0 to my damage
My current weapons have artifact bonuses that do nothing AP gain is still listed there still and is my current choice.

Off the top of my head that is all I can say for now. Im sure I will add more as i go along.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Both paths for TR are now assassins.

REC and AP gain are greatly reduced to keep from spamming the same encounter/daily over and over.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • skuallpwskuallpw Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    its the same for all the classes , its feel like low lvl again , once u used encounter at will for hours , until encounters cooldown again , and dont waste your daily , because its gonna take a while until u can use it again....

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    It will be a new game. All the build of all class need to be rebuilt. Everything: rotation, set up, muscle memory, companion choice, interaction in the party, etc will be new.
    What you knew will be irrelevant until you can confirm it is the same as what you knew. Then, what is the point to confirm that. It would be easier to just forget about what you knew and start from scratch without preset assumption/expectation.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • raymark#0909 raymark Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    greywynd said:

REC and AP gain are greatly reduced to keep from spamming the same encounter/daily over and over.

'Greatly reduced' effectively making the class virtually useless. Even in the old mod with 12k recovery and 60% AP gain i could still not spam my encounter over and over as you claim. I wonder sometimes if the developers are actually players cause the changes you have made are wonderful in theory but are horrid in reality.
  • anjo#8313 anjo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I asked the same question, and I still think that if there are some dev playing like TR they SUCK at it.

How a help a TR can bring in a group in mod16?
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User

greywynd said:

'Greatly reduced' effectively making the class virtually useless. Even in the old mod with 12k recovery and 60% AP gain i could still not spam my encounter over and over as you claim. I wonder sometimes if the developers are actually players cause the changes you have made are wonderful in theory but are horrid in reality.
    I highly doubt that those in charge even know what D&D really is other than a game. Would be nice if they would hire someone that actully did play the game and understood it but those days are long gone I fear. I predict another mass exodus after this drops .
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User

greywynd said:

I dunno what my rec and stuff is on my 11k TR, but I'm spamming my encounters often enough that I can get 10 encounters off within a minute for the Challenge of the Gods currently.
    havlocke said:

greywynd said:

I dunno what my rec and stuff is on my 11k TR, but I'm spamming my encounters often enough that I can get 10 encounters off within a minute for the Challenge of the Gods currently.
    10 encounters is 60s secs (ish) is not spamming. that's averaging 1 per six seconds (and in truth your probably using 2-3 at a time assuming you start it with all your cd cleared). Shadow of Demise than would effectively be adding the damage from one encounter power at that rate. (2-3 if you dont enter stealth until all you cooldowns are run out..which is it own problem having to not be in stealth soon as you can).
  • gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    When I was on the preview, shortly before I gave up because it's so drab, grey and boring, there was a TR on the zone chat saying that TR are broken because he was doing 2 million plus damage with every hit. Guess some people get some bugs and some get others...

havlocke said:

greywynd said:

10 encounters is 60s secs (ish) is not spamming. that's averaging 1 per six seconds (and in truth your probably using 2-3 at a time assuming you start it with all your cd cleared). Shadow of Demise than would effectively be adding the damage from one encounter power at that rate. (2-3 if you dont enter stealth until all you cooldowns are run out..which is it own problem having to not be in stealth soon as you can).
    Currently, with a Sabo build, I can pretty much do any fight with encounters and dailies ONLY. I'm not even endgame geared. I'm only 12k or so. And I'm pretty sure there are plenty of better players out there who do better. While it is fun and amusing, I'm not sure if that's a healthy game mechanic. Granted, the new mod might be taking things too far, but that could still be better than a mindless rotation system that we have now.
    > @havlocke said:
    > Both paths for TR are now assassins.
    >
    > REC and AP gain are greatly reduced to keep from spamming the same encounter/daily over and over.
    >
    > 'Greatly reduced' effectively making the class virtually useless. Even in the old mod with 12k recovery and 60% AP gain i could still not spam my encounter over and over as you claim. I wonder sometimes if the developers are actually players cause the changes you have made are wonderful in theory but are horrid in reality.
    >
    > I dunno what my rec and stuff is on my 11k TR, but I'm spamming my encounters often enough that I can get 10 encounters off within a minute for the Challenge of the Gods currently.
    >
    > 10 encounters is 60s secs (ish) is not spamming. that's averaging 1 per six seconds (and in truth your probably using 2-3 at a time assuming you start it with all your cd cleared). Shadow of Demise than would effectively be adding the damage from one encounter power at that rate. (2-3 if you dont enter stealth until all you cooldowns are run out..which is it own problem having to not be in stealth soon as you can).
    >
    > Currently, with a Sabo build, I can pretty much do any fight with encounters and dailies ONLY. I'm not even endgame geared. I'm only 12k or so. And I'm pretty sure there are plenty of better players out there who do better. While it is fun and amusing, I'm not sure if that's a healthy game mechanic. Granted, the new mod might be taking things too far, but that could still be better than a mindless rotation system that we have now.

Then adjust sabo and leave my exec be. You as sabo do not even use Shadow of Demise and would not be able to relate.

> @havlocke said:

>

> REC and AP gain are greatly reduced to keep from spamming the same encounter/daily over and over.

>

> 'Greatly reduced' effectively making the class virtually useless. Even in the old mod with 12k recovery and 60% AP gain i could still not spam my encounter over and over as you claim. I wonder sometimes if the developers are actually players cause the changes you have made are wonderful in theory but are horrid in reality.

>

> I dunno what my rec and stuff is on my 11k TR, but I'm spamming my encounters often enough that I can get 10 encounters off within a minute for the Challenge of the Gods currently.

>

> 10 encounters is 60s secs (ish) is not spamming. that's averaging 1 per six seconds (and in truth your probably using 2-3 at a time assuming you start it with all your cd cleared). Shadow of Demise than would effectively be adding the damage from one encounter power at that rate. (2-3 if you dont enter stealth until all you cooldowns are run out..which is it own problem having to not be in stealth soon as you can).

>

> Currently, with a Sabo build, I can pretty much do any fight with encounters and dailies ONLY. I'm not even endgame geared. I'm only 12k or so. And I'm pretty sure there are plenty of better players out there who do better. While it is fun and amusing, I'm not sure if that's a healthy game mechanic. Granted, the new mod might be taking things too far, but that could still be better than a mindless rotation system that we have now.

Then adjust sabo and leave my exec be. You as sabo do not even use Shadow of Demise and would not be able to relate.

Before Mod15 I was Executioner build. And I still have Exec build in loadouts. I played it from ground up and theorycrafted and researched and everything. I know exactly what SoD does. Don't assume everybody has a narrow focus on only one build and one class.
    havlocke said:

> @havlocke said:

>

>

>

>

>

Before Mod15 I was Executioner build. And I still have Exec build in loadouts. I played it from ground up and theorycrafted and researched and everything. I know exactly what SoD does. Don't assume everybody has a narrow focus on only one build and one class.
    Apparently you suk at it then if you ended up changing to a sabo build. That said ... the new mod is neither exec nor sabo (so anymore chatter about either build pointless) it takes all the skills of rogue puts them in a hat and randomly assigns skills with no thought to whispering knife and assassin. Could the new mod end up surprising me with changes or once you put on new gear and your stats change? Sure. But the problem with the build in the new mod go much deeper, by putting skills together that makes absolutely no sense fundamentally. see Fuzzy Logic thread.

havlocke said:

> @havlocke said:

>

>

>

>

>

Apparently you suk at it then if you ended up changing to a sabo build. That said ... the new mod is neither exec nor sabo (so anymore chatter about either build pointless) it takes all the skills of rogue puts them in a hat and randomly assigns skills with no thought to whispering knife and assassin. Could the new mod end up surprising me with changes or once you put on new gear and your stats change? Sure. But the problem with the build in the new mod go much deeper, by putting skills together that makes absolutely no sense fundamentally. see Fuzzy Logic thread.
    I changed to a Sabo build because I wanted a change. And maybe you didn't notice Mod 15 at all.

I got encounters and dailies off pretty regularly, close enough that it could be called spamming. If you aren't getting a lot more encounters and dailies off then maybe you "suk at it".

That said .... new mod. New game.

As for why they put certain skills in certain trees. Don't know. Can't read minds. Possibly they wanted to make sure all the good skills were divided up so that there wasn't just a single obvious tree to pick.