test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Our alliance DC's and OP's are quitting and preview has only just started

This will be as bad as getting an MSVA group. No recovery for DC's? Really? So AA is done. Are these changes set in stone? Like temp hp gone for tw and no circle? Paladins have to use their shields to not get one shotted and don't get to swing? So change all offense to all defense slots? Wow, such fun. You will see. You are driving support away. This isn't looking promising.

Comments

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    Preview just opened. Yes, major changes are undoubtedly happening, but maybe your alliance people should chill until the dust settles a bit. They can always quit later if they still don’t want any part of it.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    It's WAY too soon for console players to worry. It's going to be several months before they see any of this, and have plenty of time to prepare and make decisions.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Too late, already lost 2 18k AC's, 2 more converting to DO. 18.7k pally and 19k pally going to play dps instead. More to follow. This should've been NW 2.0 and given us the option to play it or not. MC'ers leaving as well. smh
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I don't blame em. OP and DC are so robotic and boring on preview. Spam harmless at-wills, pop encounter, repeat. Spam encounters on OP, hold down shield or hold tab and just stand there like an idiot.

Who designed this childish dumbed down system?

If you don't enjoy that deep level of gameplay, don't bother waiting. They're committed to forcing players to play like this. The time of interesting classes and gameplay is over. Welcome to communist Neverwinter where you have no choice but to play one way and that's it.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    That is a shame. I've was a DODC for a long time and finally converted to ACDC in mod 14 and enjoy it a lot. It's my favorite toon. I've also built up an OP in mod 15 and also enjoy it. From what I've read so far in the forums, I may have to pick one of my other toons (TR/CW/GF) that was just doing weeklies/RLQ for RAD to be my main for mod 16. :anguished:
  • magekazin#3980 magekazin Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Can't really blame them for being mad. I've played as an OP since I started, it is my favorite. It is because I was a top end pally that I rose up in my guild and alliance. Crazy thing is my favorite build is probably a lot closer to what is going to be the new standard is then most. What worries me the most is that over on the OP feedback post I see what are no doubt high end pally getting destroyed by the simplest of content. Then the Devs say well you are playing the class wrong. Looks like there will be only one usable build for each class. This is boring to me. Sigh I hope things get better but I don't see that happening
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Dont blame them at all, im a 19k OP on pc, and ive just run through the undermountain on preview and its so horribly boring and glacially slow to solo content now, not to mention the massive issue in dungeon play that you cant hold aggro without using divinity, and once your out of divinity (about 1 min in) and have lost aggro you cant do enough damage to get aggro back so you cant recharge divinity as nothing is trying to hit you to block. Of course if you do get aggro and there are multiple mobs about, they cluster around you and one shot you from behind as your shield only points one way, and youre way to slow to keep moving to position them all in front of you.
    To summerise i wont be playing an OP, if at all, in mod 16
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

It's WAY too soon for console players to worry. It's going to be several months before they see any of this, and have plenty of time to prepare and make decisions.

LMAO...console players follow PC closer than you think. The Fey enchantment after it received the cool down on test was up for sale in the AH for around 3M for a r13.

There was also massive amounts of silveries that went up for sale as well.

Console players plan now for the later so when the update lands players can go right into the content without any worries.

Yeah there maybe changes but the devs will be limited on how many more than can do before the content is released. My expectation is what we are testing now will go live and that will be followed by a patch within a week fixing most of the issues that pop up during the testing.

The changes are drastic and impact each class core mechanic; not only the core but the removal of players having some customization on how we build our characters. These changes IMO are horrible and really hurt the game fluid play style that kept me here. Now it is slow, tedious and boring when engaging in combat. In fact, the update makes ESO combat look fluid and as someone who always felt ESO combat was clunky and still do when compared to NWO mod 15, that should tell you something.

If combat is not improve by the time this mod hits console I know I'll be playing ESO with its better combat mechanics.
  • brendaxnl#4453 brendaxnl Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Even tho I play on ps4, i can go on preview on my laptop, and yep its terrible!... If this all goes live, there is not much players left sadly.. And in my guild people who tried it themselfs, or just seen it, allready deleted as well.... sad but mod 16 was simple.. it would save the game or kill the game.. Nothing in between, and it seems like they killed it.. Its cryptic so they wont change anything ;)
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Its not the same game..

there are pros and cons.. right now a bit more cons , then pros.

Enchants you can exchange are bound. Thats really bad..
    They implemented a rng upon rng factor again (same level insignia leveling.. ) no one like that with enchants.. they didnt have to do it with insignias either.
    They totally botched up companion stuff.. and its terrible.. go read the previews..
    The game play is a alot slower..
    There are some glitches/bugs and such in scaling.. that are not working at all.
    They removed the ability to wear masterwork/game won items in comps.. also no more regular enchants.. all that millions of dollars down the drain.. you can exchange things.. but you lose all of its up front value because they come bound. This isnt good, it FORCES you to try to find some kind of gear.. even though we all know rng upon rng is factored here.. (limitations of this sort are never good imo, as they force you to go with comps you might have gear for.. vs what you want..

pros.

Lifesteal was out of control.. while I think they couldve reworked it a bit and made it vialbe (reduction of like 50% straight lifesteal and cap it and get rid of the sharadar boon.. wouldve worked wonders as well, without totally destroying the solo areas.

Recovery.. no recovery.. who cares, just lower damage on all encounters and time they pop.. waiting around for 20 seconds isnt fun for an ecounter to come up.

While it reminds me of old days (mod 1 and 2) .. the game play is a bit on the slow side.

I would say if they relented a bit on things like the exchange and companion gear.. and rework scaling a bit.. and stuff, it wouldnt be that bad.. but I doubt they will.. so alot of it I wont like much.

Its "ok"

Dont know if will hold my interest..

• xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    If Arc/Cryptic feel they have profited as much as they can with the current player base, maybe it's the intent to drive away more than 80 percent of the old player base and gamble in the hopes of recruiting a new one? Maybe that's literally a line item on a power point (stated more elegantly). Flush old, gain new (and new revenue). I would not understand if the reviews aren't favorable (at all) how this would go to market as it stands now. If your current customers aren't happy then they don't buy right? I could have swore I heard the phrase somewhere "The customer is always right"....
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Remember SWG?
    They never learn do they..
    Look to Failcom.. even today most ppl run away from anything they launch.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    They could have easily solved the LS and daily spam issue. The code already exists to do it. That ultimately wasn't their real goal. They were simply too lazy to do actual class balancing and just decided to lift the rug from under the game's feet. Make all classes the same so then they don't have to bother anymore.
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Game is turning into a HAMSTER enjoy it while you can.

Combat is slow and clunky... the combat engine actually works beautiful for fast paced combat... 5 seconds cooldowns for encounters is just right. Instead of carefully making adjustments based on 5th edition D&D they took the HAMSTER pace of a HAMSTER pen & paper tabletop game...

adinosii said:

many players are now stuck with rings they previously used on companions and those rings are now essentially useless.

This is an absolute moot point, but keeps coming up again and again and again... Why do people keep forgetting the level cap increase? Those equipment reached end of life even before companions were touched upon.
    3 years old FBI rings work fine stat-wise they are ok, 5 years old Loyal gear still works fine on companions.

The relatively new masterworks gear can't even be equipped anymore after only a few months. That's pretty sad.

Yes, they would be outdated anyways, but still more then good enough for medium geared toons, alts, casual players... not everyone is bis or needs to be bis.

If Arc/Cryptic feel they have profited as much as they can with the current player base, maybe it's the intent to drive away more than 80 percent of the old player base and gamble in the hopes of recruiting a new one? Maybe that's literally a line item on a power point (stated more elegantly). Flush old, gain new (and new revenue). I would not understand if the reviews aren't favorable (at all) how this would go to market as it stands now. If your current customers aren't happy then they don't buy right? I could have swore I heard the phrase somewhere "The customer is always right"....

I think they are targeting the dying state on PC it's in its what 7th year or so?

I mean changes on a larger scale itself aren't bad, it's what and how they change things. Since last mod was basically a half mod we're looking at changes that would normally occur over 2 or 3 mods so I don't think there's a grand strategy behind it.

• mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Change is life, life is change. No one likes change, I was beginning to accept what’s to come,... then I found out about movement, and not being able to build your speed. D&D is for the thinkers. Dumbing it to appeal to the masses may bring more cheddar in, but it’s like the difference between a real D&D group playing AD&D and then having to play candy land or geuss who. My soul hurts a little more each day.,,but then again I have a extra bag of dice I keep in my car for hard life decisions lol
    Everyone just hope and pray that the changes now lead to a brighter longer NW future, and not the opposite 😞
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    The reality though, is even though most content was run and beat easily (outside of cr buged content, few if ever ran) , it was their own greedy fault that allows that.. we dont need more "rank" enchants.. yet they seem to love to get the money from us.. they usually nerf a little here and there.. but eventually resell more power.

That is their fault, not the players.

Most other mmos increase from expansion to expansion.. but, simply doesn't get anywhere close to the mind boggling percantages that were allowed here.

Do you REALLY think they will stop selling power? I dont.

So whatever changes we have.. they will sell more power.. then re nerf it to sell more.

All this new design does, is allow them to tune the nerf bats faster so they can sell more power (hello new shiny anti stats!)

I have no access to their #s, however pc population was fine.. now PC spending? might have been a different story.. if spending was down across the board, they might have figured this was the time to re-tune everything.. so they can reap faster cash turn arounds.

All being told, while some of mod 16 was needed.. alot of is garbage. Including this companion gear thing.. limiting resources of companion gear isnt good design... not at all.

Companion enchants.. dont like at all.
    Dumbing down of the game with removal of feats and power trees.. dont like at all..(mobile game app features here we come =P)
    Slowing down and grindy process of doing campaigns in mod 16.. will be way to slow. Dont like that at all.
    New rank of enchants.. after of course nerfing the old ones (400 to 1 to 500 to 1.. ) hate. and spewing vitriol about this one.. What a crock.. all so they can make money.. if the only way they can figure out how to make money is constant nerfing and reselling, its pathetic.

overall.. I would say there is like a 80/20 split of whats new and fun to whats.. blah , boring , bad .

Will I stick around for it? I dont know yet.. still waiting on more re works to see if I can hack the wait around new style of the game.

(its really different.. very slow in comparison, it reminds me of casting FF back in mod 1 on my dc.. and running around for 3 mins waiting for things to die)

mobile game app features here we come =P)

With this update we may see just that, NWO on tablets and smartphones.

The reality though, is even though most content was run and beat easily (outside of cr buged content, few if ever ran) , it was their own greedy fault that allows that.. we dont need more "rank" enchants.. yet they seem to love to get the money from us.. they usually nerf a little here and there.. but eventually resell more power.

That is their fault, not the players.

Most other mmos increase from expansion to expansion.. but, simply doesn't get anywhere close to the mind boggling percantages that were allowed here.

Do you REALLY think they will stop selling power? I dont.

So whatever changes we have.. they will sell more power.. then re nerf it to sell more.

All this new design does, is allow them to tune the nerf bats faster so they can sell more power (hello new shiny anti stats!)

I have no access to their #s, however pc population was fine.. now PC spending? might have been a different story.. if spending was down across the board, they might have figured this was the time to re-tune everything.. so they can reap faster cash turn arounds.

All being told, while some of mod 16 was needed.. alot of is garbage. Including this companion gear thing.. limiting resources of companion gear isnt good design... not at all.

Companion enchants.. dont like at all.
    Dumbing down of the game with removal of feats and power trees.. dont like at all..(mobile game app features here we come =P)
    Slowing down and grindy process of doing campaigns in mod 16.. will be way to slow. Dont like that at all.
    New rank of enchants.. after of course nerfing the old ones (400 to 1 to 500 to 1.. ) hate. and spewing vitriol about this one.. What a crock.. all so they can make money.. if the only way they can figure out how to make money is constant nerfing and reselling, its pathetic.

overall.. I would say there is like a 80/20 split of whats new and fun to whats.. blah , boring , bad .

Will I stick around for it? I dont know yet.. still waiting on more re works to see if I can hack the wait around new style of the game.

(its really different.. very slow in comparison, it reminds me of casting FF back in mod 1 on my dc.. and running around for 3 mins waiting for things to die)

Mod 16 changes were to simplify the game so that the smaller staff that will be designing future content can manage updates and fixes easier. The problem with this type of update is that it is causing other issues and without fixes ready to go live when the mod hits it will take months to get these things fixed, if not years. By the time the devs should have all the major issues fixed, another major update will land with additional issues, and I'm not talking mod 17 or 18 here. I'm talking another major revamp/update like mod 16.