test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official M16: Expeditions Feedback

Comments

• Options
    rhorndev#7057 rhorndev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 14 Cryptic Developer
    gronknor said:

I believe the portals in the expeditions have the same shared bug as the Hunt portals upon completion of Barovia hunts where the leader has to leave first before anyone else can on mod 15.

As for the Master expeditions, they're pretty lackluster, and rewards are pretty pathetic for the invested time searching for the relics and clearing out the expedition maps, heck once I completed the two, all you get now are "seals of the mountain" which seem to not have a NPC anywhere to spend them, if anything is even useful from them to begin with, that is. Most of the expedition maps, the mobs get stuck in walls, floors, or on a consistent animation loop and they are invincible, no matter what attack or maxed out artifact is used, or a timed 4 artifact effect from everyone still doesn't work, everyone 20K+ item level, and this little wraith was impossible to kill (this wasn't even using any of the attune relics at beginning, straight "vanilla" master expedition), and like others said, you're stuck in a combat loop, and cannot interact with anything if that happens, so everyone is forced to restart the client, and be forced back to yawning portal to start all over again.

Also the map that seems to spawn you all twisted up and you're either on a wall of a ceiling to start out with, it'll defiantly make you 100% frustrated as your companion has taken a permanent vacation from you entirely (even if you do manage to get to the floor level and everything seems normal, you can re-spawn your companion and it disappears again until you're finished with that expedition), mobs are hidden behind walls, can hurt you, but you cannot hurt them, same issue with being locked into a combat loop and cannot interact with anything in the dungeon. Also, it seems to make everyone suffer a reduction to their overall stats and damage on that map, nearly 5% loss of all stats, including no companion when you do that dungeon (thats if you do not crash halfway through).. which i think that's why people and myself crash on that map when we get it, as that was not intentional. Even as a solo player, our skills being gimped from a comparison from mod 15 til now only being a 1/4 of their potency, the mobs are still fairly easy to kill, and you would think in a "master expedition", with level 80 mobs, it should be a little more challenging, bosses are fun though, but still easily solo-able.

Just seems like it takes more time to search for the relics than clearing the rooms of mobs, and the rewards for completion aren't even worth the time and effort in doing them as you cannot spend any of the seals even if you wanted too at the moment. If you do gain any items aside from seals, the RNG is impossible then. And from what I got before 882 item, still really not worth grinding out for, if all you're going to get are seals you cannot spend. At least Barovia heroics are more challenging and fun to solo and play. Would LOVE to see master expeditions with mobs equivalent to the level of the mobs in Barovia heroics now (i used to frown upon this, but after playing about 14 or more master expeditions solo, i want something more challenging and much better rewards because of it). THAT in itself would make solo play more rewarding then....

Here's a nifty idea.. Say what about creating something like difficulty shards.. going from normal, to hardcore. This way you appease everyone, the higher the difficulty in that overall shard, they better the rng rewards are on those maps within that shard. If people just want to screw around, they dont have to stay in town cause they cannot kill anything, but don't want to team up with anyone. They can just pick a lower difficulty shard, and play around with a much lower chance of drop rates, and minimal gold and other things dropping as it'll be a easier shard to work from.

Thanks for the feedback, gronknor! To address some of your points:
    - Seals can be spent in the Yawning Portal at the Seal Trader.
    - The twisted floor (Corridor 3) will have its ai and companion problems fixed soon.
    - Getting Master Expedition top tier rewards from Obaya should potentially give some pretty good stuff, but I'll take a look to make sure this feels rewarding.
    - Once the Attunement Crystals are fully operational they should give you the kind of challenge and reward increase it sounds like you're looking for. Attuning a crystal will increase the base challenge of everything in the expedition, and give specific rewards at the end. Attuning more crystals, up to three total, increases the difficulty and rewards even more. Three attuned crystals should be very challenging and require a full group to complete.

Hope that helps, and I look forward to hearing your feedback on Expeditions in the future!
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

- Seals can be spent in the Yawning Portal at the Seal Trader

No, actually they cannot. You can spend Seals of the Deep there, but not Seals of the Mountain - there is no place to spend those...see my earlier bug report

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User

Please fix the mushrooms. Monsters that are placed behind them run into them and cannot be targeted. They get stuck and cannot be hit. Eventually they seem to reset, but that is after a very long, boring wait. Make the mushrooms like a big pillar, as the monsters should not be trying to go through them.
  • Options
    drconnor#7239 drconnor Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    adinosii said:

No, actually they cannot. You can spend Seals of the Deep there, but not Seals of the Mountain - there is no place to spend those...see my earlier bug report

Seeing how the Mountain gear can be purchased with Seals of the Crown, I think they initially intended it to be sold for Seals of the Mountain, changed their minds, then forgot to remove the seals from the game. Or, they wanted to change it the other way and forgot to list them for Seals of the Mountain.
  • Options
    silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User

adinosii said:

Seeing how the Mountain gear can be purchased with Seals of the Crown, I think they initially intended it to be sold for Seals of the Mountain, changed their minds, then forgot to remove the seals from the game. Or, they wanted to change it the other way and forgot to list them for Seals of the Mountain.
    Seal of the mountain if i remember right is the camp store. When you open the camp screen it's on the left.
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User

shiani1 said:

I just finished the expedition quest and did the update in the campaign window, but now can't find any follow up quests at all. What did I miss?

Hi shiani1, which campaign step did you complete? Make sure to collect your reward from the campaign step, and the next mission will be nearby to where you spoke with Azuli to turn the mission in.

Hope this helps!
    I should have come back and added that I figured it out. Unlike most previous campaigns this one doesn't have someone tell you to go to the next quest giver...so I thought I was blocked. But when I checked the campaign window I saw the answer :) Thanks for your help!
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    sharleenaasharleenaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    "Seal of the mountain if i remember right is the camp store. When you open the camp screen it's on the left."

No. campaign store uses "Undermountain Token U". That's a different currency.

And just to keep attention on it:

Still no drop from the runic encounters (place holder HEs). No runic resonance to convert into crystalized resonance at the expedition entry. Chest at the end of Master Expedition cannot be opened. Quest Attunement Crystals cannot be completed. This is a showstopper to finish the yellow quest line!!!
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I just hit this environment in the Master Expedition.

OMG SO AWESOME!

By far my favorite bit of environment in the game!

Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    The remorhaz boss is still bugged, which is really annoying when you just spent 20 minutes getting to it and it leaves the arena and the quest breaks - wasting your rune bonus as well.

Now you see him

Now you don't
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    phoeniraphoenira Member Posts: 35 Arc User

The remorhaz boss is still bugged, which is really annoying when you just spent 20 minutes getting to it and it leaves the arena and the quest breaks - wasting your rune bonus as well.

Now you see him

Now you don't

The boss bugged for me as well. It disappeared before I have defeated it completely and I could not progress through the end door. But killing myself and 'aborting' the expedition (before that I collected the rest of magic relics) I could hand in the quest and collect the reward from Obaya Uday. Fortunately I have activated no rune bonus.
  • Options
    sharleenaasharleenaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    first master expedition had Remorhaz boss that is bugged (see above).
    second master expedition had another boss. worked.
    third master expedition I used the rune from the patch. Had a boss that worked. But the reward chest was completely EMPTY! No runic etching to complete the quest "Risk vs Reward"

where are the runes for conversion supposed to be found? From the runic encounters? place holder he's? did 2 so far after patch but no drop from there.

• Options
    baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I still have not completed the "Get The Runic Element" from the ethereal chest part of the quest line.

I've run the master expedition 3 times.

first try...

* once without activating any of the runic crystals
    result - cannot loot the ethereal chest.

next try...

* once with the top option chosen on the distilling resonant crystals
    result - hidden runes locked me out of using dailies for the duration of the expedition
    second set of hidden runes limited my use of healing potions
    third set of hidden runes cut my movement in half,.
    note - was running this solo, and made it to a doorway where I abandoned the expedition

feedback - maybe putting more than 1 or 2 runes in an area is is overkill?
    In barovia hunts, we had the option of playing the epic tarokka cards.
    Given that the runes cannot be avoided,
    --> do maybe limit them to 1 per area
    --> make sure every de-buff has a countdown timer, as the lockout on the dailies lasted the whole time I
    was in the expedition, where-as the limit on healing potions and limit of movement speed
    had a 5 min duration.

last try..

* once with the "20% rune essence" buff on the resonant crystal active.
    -result - sheer luck I made with most of the way to the last boss. Had some mass res scrolls, and health stones.

Bug...?

now that last boss.. huge ancient shambling mound....
    I could never take it below 90% health.
    every time I got him to 90%, he would heal back above 95%.
    I made sure to avoid the vines he would throw and
    the traps he would lay down. ran out of health stones, and mass res scrolls.
    had about 15 of each when I started that fight.

feedback - again was running it solo, wound up abandoning the expedition.

Hope this helps!!

B)
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    My update for Master expedition.

I thought it was all fixed, but it appeared to be not completely
    After entering I placed the Rune (which I got after the patch) on the Crystal en entered the expedition and must admit there was a good fix imho.
    The scaling is much better now and my OP is no longer doing 25 million damage to mobs (a thing nobody not (for obvious reasons) are talking about) and doing reasonable damage now for a Tank.

However..

1. There are still some mobs stuck in mushrooms (much less than before), which is a improvement.
    2. The Purple Worm has some issues on top right side of the room and tend to become stuck at the mushrooms.
    3. Hemorhaz, has some issues too, at some point he fled and never came back (while I was sure I have washed my dwarven feet's).. Did a few suicides and gave up at the end by abandon the quest while a do got a upgrade of quest from NPC.
    4. After a few run's I managed to reach end chest, just to see that it was not accessible for me, probably caused because I had no rune (which was used in my first attempt)… So I cannot say if the chest was fixed or not.
    5. End portal is still not visible on some run's

At the end of the day I must say that some things are fixed, but is far from perfect.
    About the lost rune, no big deal... I will get a new one on some point.

ps. The mini bosses have decent amount of HP, and is doable in my opinion..
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    finmakin said:

I thought it was all fixed, but it appeared to be not completely
    After entering I placed the Rune (which I got after the patch) on the Crystal en entered the expedition and must admit there was a good fix imho.
    The scaling is much better now and my OP is no longer doing 25 million damage to mobs (a thing nobody not (for obvious reasons) are talking about) and doing reasonable damage now for a Tank.

However..

1. There are still some mobs stuck in mushrooms (much less than before), which is a improvement.
    2. The Purple Worm has some issues on top right side of the room and tend to become stuck at the mushrooms.
    3. Hemorhaz, has some issues too, at some point he fled and never came back (while I was sure I have washed my dwarven feet's).. Did a few suicides and gave up at the end by abandon the quest while a do got a upgrade of quest from NPC.
    4. After a few run's I managed to reach end chest, just to see that it was not accessible for me, probably caused because I had no rune (which was used in my first attempt)… So I cannot say if the chest was fixed or not.

At the end of the day I must say that some things are fixed, but is far from perfect.

Used rune could open chest NO RUNE REWARD IN LAST CHEST.

Can not finish questline as there is nothing but item in last chest still bugged.

Last boss is insainly hard in when 1 rune activated I do not even want to know what happens after 4 runes are activated.

Skeletion in masters 1 run hits for 150k + and have milions of hp each as hard as a boss. Would be impossible to do without tank, had to run around and let companion do the job as 2 hits would kill anybody.
  • Options
    Oh having finished a first run with no runes on a fresh 80, I did like the armor that randomly dropped from the final boss. Looking at the collections, these look like a solid thing if they hold class specific. So that's a plus from the patch.

(It was a no rune run, because that quest is bugged before I even get a rune....)
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I completed a master expedition with a rune of rage active. I activated the final chest, my character opened it but nothing else happened, no etched rune (or whatever the quest tells you to get), no promissed item reward.

I'm not trying again. It takes much too long with the ranger's silly damage.
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    artifleur said:

I completed a master expedition with a rune of rage active. I activated the final chest, my character opened it but nothing else happened, no etched rune (or whatever the quest tells you to get), no promissed item reward.

I'm not trying again. It takes much too long with the ranger's silly damage.

Same here, didn't get any reward and now the mission is stalled.
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Once the master expedition is bugged because you do NOT get the Runic Etching, how do you do for doing more expeditions?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    nisckis said:

Once the master expedition is bugged because you do NOT get the Runic Etching, how do you do for doing more expeditions?

You don’t need the rune for the master expedition, as long as you left by the portal at the end you finished the expedition and can get the quest again (for it) from Obaya.

What you cannot do is the rune again unless you somehow have more essence.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    As with the others post the recent patch I was able to use the gifted sacrifice essence to attune the crystal .I managed to complete the master expedition and then open the chest , but NO runic etching in the chest .

I hope to god that it's not decided by RNG as I have ran 3 more of the runic HE's but still no essence is being dropped to be converted by the resonator .
    If the runic etching is RNG then it's another pile of HAMSTER design .

I ran the expedition solo . Had loads of occasions where the mobs were virtually 1 shotting me or overwhelming me with 7 or 8 mobs . When this happens I ultimately die due their damage / HP levels .
    Took propably 30 to 40 mins to complete which seeing as how it's supposedly soloable ( though obviously meant to be harder ) is a complete joke .
  • Options
    Well I finally successfully completed it with the Rune and the chest had the Runic Essence from using the Rune, so I can do it again (yay), but at this point either the Runic Etching is RNG or its not working.

If its RNG, adjusting the quest to make it clearer that it is RNG would be great.

Given the Undead Ogre does 1 million damage with one punch, that's not even a matter of doing it in group content effectively until you fix the bugs with monsters and scaling.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    themule#2469 themule Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    finmakin said:

I can confirm 1) and 3).

Also:
    I discarded the resonator, all unstable resonances, and abandoned both quests (Risks and rewards, Master expedition). Got the yellow quest again, got 10 resonances and the resonator. Got the Master expedition quest, completed it, opened the chest, no Runic Etching. Can't redo the quest for 1 day (that was yesterday). It's a daily apparently.

Done a few HEs, but no unstable resonances dropped at all.

• Options

finmakin said:

I can confirm 1) and 3).

Also:
    I discarded the resonator, all unstable resonances, and abandoned both quests (Risks and rewards, Master expedition). Got the yellow quest again, got 10 resonances and the resonator. Got the Master expedition quest, completed it, opened the chest, no Runic Etching. Can't redo the quest for 1 day (that was yesterday). It's a daily apparently.

Run over 50+ HEs to check if it was a bad RNG no drops 20 alone rest in group to dubble check if it only dropped in group setting but no so unless its crazy rare RNG HEs do not drop any runes at all....
  • Options
    marnival said:

Run over 50+ HEs to check if it was a bad RNG no drops 20 alone rest in group to dubble check if it only dropped in group setting but no so unless its crazy rare RNG HEs do not drop any runes at all....
    In earlier quests, resonances where dropping just fine, it took like 3-4 HEs to collect 3 of all 5 types, and there were plenty spare... roughly you would drop like 10 of them per HE, you needed 3-4 only because you had more than 3 of the wrong type. I had only 2 epsilons but tons of the others at a certain time.

Then they stopped dropping for me, despite having the resonator in my inventory (keys tab if you're curious). it seems the character is broken, since the object (resonator) is a new one and nothing changed.
  • Options

marnival said:

In earlier quests, resonances where dropping just fine, it took like 3-4 HEs to collect 3 of all 5 types, and there were plenty spare... roughly you would drop like 10 of them per HE, you needed 3-4 only because you had more than 3 of the wrong type. I had only 2 epsilons but tons of the others at a certain time.

Then they stopped dropping for me, despite having the resonator in my inventory (keys tab if you're curious). it seems the character is broken, since the object (resonator) is a new one and nothing changed.
    It bugged out since last patch on HEs that is for sure chest in master never worked from what i haered and tested myself.

Think the dev who changed HEs had his cat on the keyboard or something .....
  • Options
    dressrobadressroba Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    mobs get stuck in mushrooms in the master expedition .

https://imgur.com/a/7QqTeeq

https://imgur.com/a/zTHV2qv

https://imgur.com/a/VXPx7sL

happen over 5 times in just one expedition .

• Options
    marnival said:

It bugged out since last patch on HEs that is for sure chest in master never worked from what i haered and tested myself.

For me HEs broke before that last patch. Actually they were broken since before the 1st patch.

The chest works, I've opened one. You need to activate at least one crystal in the beginning room of the expedition. Better be in a party tho. Two barbarians+1 pally and we had very hard time with 2 crystals (1 was quite hard too). We were new to the mechanics tbh, if we find a way around them it can be easier. Still you need a healer to be confortable (the tank was the pally... later we realized we could go one Barbarian tank, the pally healer and the other barbie DPS).
    What's in the final chest depends on the rune you use.

Luckily one guy in the party dropped the rune you need to get other runes in the chest, and everybody gets them. So we have more runes now. The other two members had a different kind of rune (the one that gives you an unclassed piece of equipment).

I think the way to kickstart the process (apparently you can sustain it if you're in a a party) is still via unstable resonances. So they should drop in HEs.

The missing pieces are:

- rune etchings: they weren't in the chest, surprisingly.
    - there are 5 types (colors) of stable resonances, once the unstable ones drop again, and we collect them, how can we choose which one (among the stable ones) to make? is it random? idk
  • Options
    tardbathtardbath Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    1. As far as i can tell you can complete 3 expeditions via questing per day
    2. Mini bosses can drop that fancy new gear, that i rly like !! (gratz on that)
    3. you can abandon the expedition after you got your lucky boss drop and re-enter cause you got the quest still!!
    4. so you can basically farm all the gear the first day !!! Without a time gate
    5. Is this intended ?

Cheers
  • Options

marnival said:

For me HEs broke before that last patch. Actually they were broken since before the 1st patch.

The chest works, I've opened one. You need to activate at least one crystal in the beginning room of the expedition. Better be in a party tho. Two barbarians+1 pally and we had very hard time with 2 crystals (1 was quite hard too). We were new to the mechanics tbh, if we find a way around them it can be easier. Still you need a healer to be confortable (the tank was the pally... later we realized we could go one Barbarian tank, the pally healer and the other barbie DPS).
    What's in the final chest depends on the rune you use.

Luckily one guy in the party dropped the rune you need to get other runes in the chest, and everybody gets them. So we have more runes now. The other two members had a different kind of rune (the one that gives you an unclassed piece of equipment).

I think the way to kickstart the process (apparently you can sustain it if you're in a a party) is still via unstable resonances. So they should drop in HEs.

The missing pieces are:

- rune etchings: they weren't in the chest, surprisingly.
    - there are 5 types (colors) of stable resonances, once the unstable ones drop again, and we collect them, how can we choose which one (among the stable ones) to make? is it random? idk
    Yep finished it yesterday with 1 2 and 3 crystal activated. 2 OP Justicar 22k item lvl ran through the content without any problem 1 death total.

The rune traps that appear on the floor is just annoying except the one that drain health which is more then annoying but totally useless as you just use healing to negate it.

The only difference was the bosses had more hp but otheriwe no difference between 1-3 runes activated.

Boss fights all to easy as there is nothing but hard hits and some red aoe to avoid. No adds no interaction mechanics just tank and kill which was all to easy with 2 tanks alternating aggro.

If you want to make 2 and 3 a challange you need to up the adds that comes with each pulling and make the bosses have some mechanics that are more like Stormking and Tong fights.

Best
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Ran through a few Master Expeditions.

Rage Rune does not give 1 item of class specific gear.

The Rune Curse that slows your movement + the movement debuff when you enter a "boss" room, paralyses you and you cannot enter the room.

The Goristo (big demon from phase 2 of Demo) is super aggressive, but can get stuck on terrain in his arena and loose his big jump attack.

I died fighting the Manticore (for player stupidity reasons), but when I went back to its arena it still had the same health it had when I died.

I also got the Remorhaz bug, while I had Creeping Death and the one that disables dailies so had to abandon instance. When I left instance I still had Creeping Death (which while a perfectly good song, is not a desirable state).

The Curse that disables dailies doesn't have a duration, and its text implies that it could also disable At-wills or Encounters, it should have a duration regardless.

I did 1 and 2 rune quests tonight, and the 2 run was clearly harder. Especially when you loose access to daily powers from the first rune curse. The 1 run is a simple run for a well geared toon or 2 or 3 toons that need to run it for gear. The 2 rune quest is then a nice step up suitable for 2 or 3 toons that are starting to be well geared, and I expect the same sort of step up for the 3 rune quest. So over all it seems that the difficulty for these is about right at the moment in relation to each other.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock