test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Rogue

Greetings adventurers. This thread is for providing bug reports and feedback on the upcoming changes to Rogue in Module 16. If you haven't already please take a moment to read M16: Overview thread.

The most important takeaway in terms of class feedback is: we are still making changes to class powers, both functional and numerical. We wanted to get your hands on the changes sooner than usual. However, as a result, we ask that you realize what you see on preview will change, sometimes dramatically before launch. If you find your perfect build on preview, it may not be the perfect build on live. Powers you feel are very strong, may not stay as strong. We ask for your patience with these changes.

Finally, there are some known issues going into the initial preview build. Particularly in feats, a number of feats may reference powers that are not available when the feat is unlocked, or in some rare cases, reference powers which no longer exist. We have made a number of changes coming out of closed beta, and it is our short term goal to have these feats updated in the near future.

As always, thank you for taking the time to come check things out on preview, we look forward to your feedback!

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Comments

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Just warding here to see the changes [since I couldn't play the game last year... health issues]
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Just got off preview....

I just dropped $100.00 on the game last night with High hopes. I am not happy with what I see.

I cannot move without flying from one end of the map or the other, unless i slow walk or mount. Powers i loved and have set to my artifact weapon i cannot use until i reach lvl 80.....

Everything i liked about my tr is gone.

Good job.

Wake me up when this nightmare is over...

I want a finished product to donate money to, not a neverending beta test scam.
    Post edited by demonmonger on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • gormenghast1gormenghast1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    Bait and Switch: the power is completely not working. Clicking on it doesn't spawn the puppet, the power doesn't enter in cooldown, no AP gain etc. . I made some tests moving it around the three available slots for encounter powers, activating it in and out of combat but absolutely nothing happens.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @gormenghast1 said:
    > Bait and Switch: the power is completely not working. Clicking on it doesn't spawn the puppet, the power doesn't enter in cooldown, no AP gain etc. . I made some tests moving it around the three available slots for encounter powers, activating it in and out of combat but absolutely nothing happens.

True confirmed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • tremeliques#2035 tremeliques Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    the only way i was able to use bait was by standing still and jump while spamming its key
    hopefully this info helps
  • venetrix2#1417 venetrix2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    DEX NOW AFFECTS YOUR MOVEMENT SPEED! THANKYOU!!
  • dndwolf#1751 dndwolf Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hateful Knives not shown in Powers screen(Daily). Blade Flurry not shown on Powers screen. (Encounter)
  • faberj#7515 faberj Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I see long charging times for the powers (encounter), the rouge in the past has used so much recovery, now that you have removed I'm sure you will reduce the charging time.
    We hope to give new life to the thieves after the terrible mod. 15
    wish good work

(excuse my English, I'm an Italian player)
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Gloaming Cut not giving either 20% stealth bar on a kill or increasing Stealth Regeneration by 7.5%

aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

confirmed on bait and switch. can't drag gloaming cut to either at-will slot. can't setup 2nd loadout, boon points won't allocate. ( mentioning because none of my guildies on other classes have encountered it, don't know if tr specific issueor not. )

Have you used the forced respec on your character on your different loadouts? Checking to see if this is due to that or if it is something else.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

I see long charging times for the powers (encounter), the rouge in the past has used so much recovery, now that you have removed I'm sure you will reduce the charging time.

Encounter damage is directly linked to the cooldown time. Any reduction in cooldowns will also result in the powers magnitude being reduced.

We do want a mix of longer and shorter cooldowns to allow for different styles and different amounts of burst damage.

There are certainly some setups, especially on Assassin, that result in slotting 3 decently long cooldown encounter powers. We may reduce one of those powers to add a bit more action to that build but are still considering that, and which ones to consider adjusting.

For example it is good for assassinate to stay as a long cooldown as it allows for a high bust encounter power and therefore we'd likely not reduce that power's cooldown.
    Path of the Blade not shown in Powers scree (Encounter)

Hateful Knives not shown in Powers screen(Daily). Blade Flurry not shown on Powers screen. (Encounter)

Are you referring to the Powers tab on the character sheet? If so have you retrained after you brought your character over? No powers should be missing from that screen and I haven't seen that myself.
  • redmoonkarinredmoonkarin Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Do we still have Shadow of demise stats .? didnt see it yet
  • theothergaliusz#7671 theothergaliusz Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Sod is a whisperKnife feat now.

Talisman of the shadows passive - doesn't work as described. Its not being triggered for me after I enter 7 times stealth in wheel of the dragons map for group of thayns) it doesn't stun and slow, but it should after I enter stealth. Immunity is not triggered on the targets.

Could you please put it on your radar or notes?
    First Strike passive - your first attack in combat deal 15% more damage.

I will describe it in a different way. YOU deal fixed damage of 2000-2500 damage per single fight.

Could you please do a little change to the feat?
    deal 15 % damage at the start of the fight for the first 15s (its like chultan tiger passive)?
    or
    instead of 15% please give double damage.
    - my intention is to make the passive better, at the start of the combat you dont have any buffs/bonding

Can any lvl 80 check if Lurker daily no longer have AP gain blocked for its duration?
    also please confirm Talisman of shadow, thansks.
    Post edited by theothergaliusz#7671 on
  • aymed#4611 aymed Member Posts: 7 Arc User

I have to say i like the idea and aproach and those comp changes are awesome. And even if i dont like the lack Options in tearms of feats and Powers i appritiate the effort. I know biggest bugs are gonna get Fixed (maybe). I also like the tank and healer changes. So the only thing i m really not a fan of is the handeling of daily and encounters. I dont mind the long cooldown or the decreased ap gainbut i think its a but to strong of a nerf espeacially since the one thing that increases the ap gain got nerfed too from 20% to 5% and this is not like snail or cleric artefakt its not a flat amount. So in my opinion there must not daily spam forever like in previous mod but i think you should be able to invest in recharge speed or Ap gain and aktually get sth out of it. Give us the veriety you took with the feets back by givin us the more potential playstyles we can choose from depending on Boss/Mobs or Boss with mob etc. And while i m at it maybe make teleporting usefull in PVE since powers are already limited just make an extra effect just for PVE. love ya
    Whirlwind of Blades not shown in Powers screen( Daily)
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I know you specifically want us to quit using dailies, but in an hour of running undermountain content today I was able to fill my AP guage and use my daily 3 times. I'm using a frankenslotted 10kish level 72 so far. Not super high end, I know, but think about it. That averages out to using my daily once, possibly twice, in an entire dungeon. I wasn't even able to fill it for use once every mission.
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User

Whirlwind of Blades not shown in Powers screen( Daily)

Weird I've created 2 loadouts for both Assassin and Whisperknife and all the powers - WoB, HK, Blade Fury and PotB appear in both no problem.
    edited March 2019
    I started a new halfling rogue to do my testing. My comments about the Powers tab refer to this new character (Rogue 1), who is currently level 17, so I have not reached the level to select a paragon path. It maybe that these power will show up after you select your paragon path. I have looked at other classes and this problem of missing powers may not be limited to rogue.
    Post edited by dndwolf#1751 on
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Meh, wake me up when september ends...
  • skuallpwskuallpw Member Posts: 35 Arc User

I know you specifically want us to quit using dailies, but in an hour of running undermountain content today I was able to fill my AP guage and use my daily 3 times. I'm using a frankenslotted 10kish level 72 so far. Not super high end, I know, but think about it. That averages out to using my daily once, possibly twice, in an entire dungeon. I wasn't even able to fill it for use once every mission.

is really that bad :o
  • codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Mountaineer rogue weapons set bonus grants bonus defense when within 25' of a foe, and when further than 25' from a foe grant power
    for a range class this can be great
    but as a melee dps, why? maybe a few thing I can do 25' away, but that's not mostly where I'm going to be
    and the 5% that they grant (power or defense) how does that fit into the ability ratings? as 2500 rating? as bonus after thother calculations?
    So far whisperknife or assasin is better . do they have big diference?
    I am fine with cooldowns but ap should come faster.
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User

I have not seemed to encountered this. I admit I feel like the daily charges a bit slower, but so far I still haven't applied any of my feats/boon points which could change that. Overall, I feel like my daily is available at a similar enough pace as it is on live that I haven't gone to use it and it's not there.

I think the biggest problem is everyone is still trying to play how they are now on live, but you can't really do that, it's all different.

I would say the Assassin path feels more like the current MI damage-dealing path most are used to and I dropped in all the current skills I'm using and was able to pick up and play like nothing had changed.

The Whisperknife path feels more ranged play-style sure, but after about a half hour running around the Catacombs and switching out a few encounters I found a combination that seems to be working for me - for now. It may not be necessarily the "hardest" hitting as right now I'm not trying to get max damage, but it allows me to play through the quests and not feel like I'm slugging through it. Doing a small HE in Barovia helped me figure out what things I didn't like and what worked better for this path.

So far I don't mind the changes too much. I do wish Dazing Strike was on the WK path too though, but if the goal is to have one path be more up-close fighting and other more ranged, I can see why it's not there.

I haven't gotten up to 80 yet and I know everything is different then, we'll see what changes then.
    edited March 2019
    how about armor penetration how much do you need so far to kill anemy . would 8k be enoght ? .
    Heart of fire armor is good enough to start soloing mod 16? or borovia still dominant ?
  • andune#1887 andune Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    The balance between at-will and encounter powers are bit of. At-will do so little demage that I have to wait until ecounter power is up to kill 5 mobs. Better would be to do less demage with encounter powers but with shorter cooldown and more dmg on at-will powers.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    skuallpw said:

is really that bad :o
    It's not "bad", it's how things are intended to work.

Being able to near freely spam our Dailies was a luxury that has spoiled us and created a warped view of how it should work for people who didn't realize this long before this point. The combination of not knowing how to gear, build characters and sub-optimal experience with Powers at this time won't do it justice yet but Dailies can and should equal approx 1/5 of your total DPS with a Single Use, equivalently.

Unloading an optimal Daily on a Boss will be what causes the large chunks of HP to vanish now, making their use actually mean something.