What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Paladin Feedback

Comments

• tasukete#2528 tasukete Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    anoreksja said:

anoreksja said:

draugkir said:

The only players that must be excited with all theese awful changes to the class are either players who never played an high level op / paladin or players that are aplha testing this and want to look nice to devs or w/e.

I am of the same opinion as You in 100% :+1:

It seems that you've spent a lot of real cash for AD.
    You keep complaining about the fact that TANKS DON'T HAVE ENOUGH DPS. Propably your gameplay consist of buying items and doing dialies.
    It's sad that a player, as you mentioned earlier, with 19k iLvL can't properly use shift on a tank and require temp HP in order to survive.
    There are many more important issues, don't cry and do something useful for OP, look for bugs, or check companions threat.
    In Mod 15 OP is not the best damage dealer as well, so please stop whining as you won't be able to have 5-11kk temporary HP ever again.
    You love mod 15, because you can be afk in a dungeon and click a random skill from time to time, don't you...?
    I like playing solo so I invested big money in my character to make it as good as possible. I can not find myself completely in the preview. If my whining disturb you, I will not write any more in this topic. End of posts from me and good luck for new players who are happy with the such nerfs changes.
    Don't be mad. You can't find yourself, because we need time to adjust as gameplay has gone through major changes.
    Every character has been reworked, not "nerfed". The most important thing for OP is being helpful by providing buffs to the party and tanking, not by dealing damage. :)
  • ananxiousnoob#0947 ananxiousnoob Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    @anoreksja Please don’t let anyone bully you off of this forum. Your opinions, which are not whining, and with which I agree, are as valuable as anyone else’s on here. I also like playing solo and whilst we do so, spending zen on our characters to make them as good as we can, Cryptic are making money.
  • alriialrii Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

alrii said:

alrii said:

And here is the request:
    have a toggle/keybind that increases the mouse sensitivity by a customizable amount. That will let him turn it on during combat for when he has to turn to face enemies; and have it off when doing other interactions. Maybe there is a way to keybind this already via console-commands?

There are a lot of gaming mice that offer a feature like this. Either in the form of DPI up/down buttons or a DPI toggle that switches between high and low settings (sometimes called a 'sniper' button). Having it built into the mouse means your husband would have the capability in any other game he plays as well. Just an option to consider.
    Oh wow, I had no idea this was a thing. Thank you so much. Seriously. Going to find one and make sure he tries it out. Hopefully, there is a way to setup a hotkey on the keyboard for the mouse too, because it is his mouse-handling side that is the issue.
    In the more high-end gaming mice you can set whole profiles for your mouse, with mouse keys behave differently and if needed bound to some key / game actions, those profiles can be swapped with key binds too.

In any case, I don't know if you can bind it directly, but the in-game mouse look sensitivity is saved part of the UI export under
    fCamMouseLookSensitivity

What it means, you can do the following

Set your high sensitivity setting in options, apply the changes, then do in the chat line

/ui_save_file high.txt

(the high.txt is a name I've picked, you can change it, but then change everywhere else too)

Do the same with low sensitivity, set it in options, save, then do in chat line:

/ui_save_file low.txt

Then you can bind loading each setting to a key, for the example I'll set numpad 1 as high sensitivity, and numpad 2 as low, type in chat once:

/bind numpad1 "ui_load_file high.txt"
    /bind numpad2 "ui_load_file low.txt"

After that you should be able to swap by pressing the keys.

Probably not the best solution but it may help.
    Thank you SO much. This is EXACTLY what I had in mind to try at first and see if he likes it with Guardian Fighters on live then try to coax him to hopefully, preview Paladins with me or, at the very least to have a lot fewer issues when the new Mod launches. You are awesome.

Also, I just absolutely love that Cryptic titles have this huge customization with the UI and keybinds and stuff. And an awesome playerbase that knows this stuff. <3

OK, signing off, till I actually have paladin stuff to talk about. (sorry for the unintentional off-topicness but also much love)
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    alrii said:

Again, Paladin-on-live is the only class that has this - a non-facing, non-movement reliant feature ... so yeah I fully see you guys wanting to standardize it with the rest. Not happy, but understanding. I, unfortunately, will most likely not be able to convince him to test it out on preview (he isn't fond of spoilers) but if the mechanic (by that i only mean movement/facing) is like the Fighter (and the guardian fighter on live); we already know how that works.

They can make a new Paladin, transfer them over to test, and run through the things that they have already done before (Blacklake, Tower District, etc), testing the new Paladin and spoiling nothing about the new story elements in Mod16.

And if they find any bugs or other issues then bonus! They can report those and maybe save a lot of players a lot of headaches as they play new characters when Mod16 goes live.
  • impek#5359 impek Member Posts: 9 Arc User

anoreksja said:

draugkir said:

The only players that must be excited with all theese awful changes to the class are either players who never played an high level op / paladin or players that are aplha testing this and want to look nice to devs or w/e.

I am of the same opinion as You in 100% :+1:

It seems that you've spent a lot of real cash for AD.
    You keep complaining about the fact that TANKS DON'T HAVE ENOUGH DPS. Propably your gameplay consist of buying items and doing dialies.
    It's sad that a player, as you mentioned earlier, with 19k iLvL can't properly use shift on a tank and require temp HP in order to survive.
    There are many more important issues, don't cry and do something useful for OP, look for bugs, or check companions threat.
    In Mod 15 OP is not the best damage dealer as well, so please stop whining as you won't be able to have 5-11kk temporary HP ever again.
    You love mod 15, because you can be afk in a dungeon and click a random skill from time to time, don't you...?
    I think you're probably in the wrong forum.
    If you like hiding behind the shield so much for most of the fight (and this is how a paladin playstyle looks like now) maybe you should move to the GF forum.
    There are people who do not like the new paladin and have the right to express it here.

By the way, if no one will spend money on this game, it will not last too long.
  • ananxiousnoob#0947 ananxiousnoob Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    @micky1p00 My bullying comment had absolutely nothing to do with any particular standpoint for or against anything in Mod 16. It referenced the manner with which one individual addressed another. I am respectful to everyone with whom I have an interaction on this forum whether I agree with their opinion or not. I am sorry if you do not like me expressing agreement with other posters in a separate comment but I did so in order to stress to the Devs that I also feel strongly on a particular point. Otherwise I use the means provided. That is my way of interacting here but if the moderators tell me that that is against the forum rules here then I will, of course comply with those rules. If those same moderators do not like anything that I have written then they are perfectly within their rights to remove it. You must, of course, interact and express your views in the way that you see fit.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Now that I have geared my Paly up with 993 gear and reflected on the proposed change to tanks I have to say I’m concerned.

A 40% boost put my tank at 490k HP (because of where it’s calculated) in her “low HP” loadout!

At that point to pose a threat to my Paladin, enemies need to be hitting for 250k reliably (given that my tank can block that several times), and that is contrary to the design goals.

I will test, but I feel this is pushing tanks too far away from the paradigm of the other roles which in turn recreates the OP problem of mod 15 in a way.

Tanks and healers just need damage depression in a party. Otherwise solo play becomes too burdensome and they are ineffective
    Post edited by obsidiancran3 on
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

Tanks and healers just need damage depression in a party. Otherwise solo play becomes too burdensome and they are ineffective

Agreed. Make the damage depression and threat gen take affect when teamed. You really only go into a 'role' when you're teamed. When solo...you're just another adventurer. What's the point of generating additional aggro when you're solo? Makes little to no sense.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    First impression of the latest patch is "WOAH". I mean whats going on here, @asterdahl do you guys have a clear vision of the Justicar or are you just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks? Im serious, we get from a nerfed state to being super strong in a day, I almost felt like i feel on Live with my 18.5 OP. My Justicar is in Vanrakdoom. Yesterday the lvl 80 vampires posed a threat, now they barely reduce my HP . I have 800 000 hp with Heroism and an augment pet and Im not fully built for health yet.

HP buff is too high, reduce it to 20% unless you are actaully planning to have 1 000 000 hp Paladins walking around /it will happen/. At the same time buff Block to 80% of HP /up from 50%/. The damage boost is also noticeable but I have to say my toon is pretty maxxed, lower gear guys will have a different story to tell. In any case Oath of Protection can reduce our damage by 20% /up from 10%/ for a more balanced play versus dps classes.

Vow of Enmity needs a lower cooldown or a lingering, active hard taunt effect to make sure Justicars keep aggro without doing damage. Keep in mind spamming Templars Wrath is only possible with Divinity and Divinity gain is tied to Blocking and Blocking happens only if you're attacked and you're attacked only if you have the aggro.. So, make sure tanks have the tools to get and keep aggro.

Feats and Passives - I cant stress this enough. Rework those and make them worthwhile. Look at the Barbarian, both paths /Sentinel and Blademaster/ have great Feats and great Passives. Brainstorm and make ours good too.

I know im actually suggesting a nerf to Justicar HP and damage /cant believe it myself/ but I want a balanced class not an overpowered mess which will be hard nerfed a month post release
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    I now im actually suggesting a nerf to Justicar HP and damage /cant believe it myself/ but I want a balanced class not an overpowered mess which will be hard nerfed a month post release

NO no no no no ...... damnit fair is fair I guess I seen enough post and played enough with you to KNOW i probably come to the same conclution but I still want to say NO no no no :-(...
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    emilemo said:

First impression of the latest patch is "WOAH". I mean whats going on here, @asterdahl do you guys have a clear vision of the Justicar or are you just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks? Im serious, we get from a nerfed state to being super strong in a day, I almost felt like i feel on Live with my 18.5 OP. My Justicar is in Vanrakdoom. Yesterday the lvl 80 vampires posed a threat, now they barely reduce my HP . I have 800 000 hp with Heroism and an augment pet and Im not fully built for health yet.

HP buff is too high, reduce it to 20% unless you are actaully planning to have 1 000 000 hp Paladins walking around /it will happen/. At the same time buff Block to 80% of HP /up from 50%/. The damage boost is also noticeable but I have to say my toon is pretty maxxed, lower gear guys will have a different story to tell. In any case Oath of Protection can reduce our damage by 20% /up from 10%/ for a more balanced play versus dps classes.

Vow of Enmity needs a lower cooldown or a lingering, active hard taunt effect to make sure Justicars keep aggro without doing damage. Keep in mind spamming Templars Wrath is only possible with Divinity and Divinity gain is tied to Blocking and Blocking happens only if you're attacked and you're attacked only if you have the aggro.. So, make sure tanks have the tools to get and keep aggro.

Feats and Passives - I cant stress this enough. Rework those and make them worthwhile. Look at the Barbarian, both paths /Sentinel and Blademaster/ have great Feats and great Passives. Brainstorm and make ours good too.

I know im actually suggesting a nerf to Justicar HP and damage /cant believe it myself/ but I want a balanced class not an overpowered mess which will be hard nerfed a month post release

I'm so sorry @asterdahl you're going to absolutely hate us. But I just went back to Vanrakdoom to test the latest changes, and like @emilemo says, i tore through every circle of vampires in the instance in about 3 mins. As much as I loved it, the changes need dialing back a little to a happy medium. Sorry, and thanks for continuing to listen.
    benyr said:

emilemo said:

I'm so sorry @asterdahl you're going to absolutely hate us. But I just went back to Vanrakdoom to test the latest changes, and like @emilemo says, i tore through every circle of vampires in the instance in about 3 mins. As much as I loved it, the changes need dialing back a little to a happy medium. Sorry, and thanks for continuing to listen.
    asterdahl is on vacation sorry but he have no time to make any further changes before this hits live ( you can always dream ...)
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Told you so.

All you people who disagree with us, "Act users" who think you know better, when you really don't.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • zlijaguarzlijaguar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    Uf, i just read PATCH NOTES: NW.110.20190311B.3 and im so disappointed, so down with damage reduction, down with block, bust a little hp and all stays the same as i used to be, maybe even worse. I dont know what to say, im angry, very angry!
    Here is some more feedback, this time from pvp

That Justicar of mine who destroyed pve in Vanrakdoom and made the vampires HAMSTER themselves got torn to pcs by a Sentinel consistently in every test fight we had. Sure the Senti was more geared /r15s etc/ but man it was so much more powerful.

Take this anyway you want, I have said before I dont want class balancing based on pvp but it is what it is. Some classes are way stronger/better than others. If April 1st was to be the release date this whole thing would hit Live as a big, sticky mess. The Senti tank goes unstop and blocks everything automatically while still attacking, Shield based tanks are not even close. In fact they are so far behind its not even funny.
    edited March 2019

Told you so.

All you people who disagree with us, "Act users" who think you know better, when you really don't.

Well, told you so aint good enough. This is why we are on a Preview thread, to try and see how things go. And things arent goin at all. Some classes are op, others are lacking, the overall feel is of a mess
    > @thefabricant said:
    > Told you so.
    >
    > All you people who disagree with us, "Act users" who think you know better, when you really don't.

And yet you were still wrong.

The solution you proposed made the existing situation at the time worse in a way that was not productive. What the devs implemented made things worse in very different ways to what you predicted.

Specifically the problem isn’t tied to damage, it’s tied to HP and defence negating the threat of the zone meaning the damage has full impact. Which is the exact problem we have (from a design perspective) on live right now with OPs. Their damage is lower than other classes, but as they never dodge etc they always get to apply their max damage which artificially boosts performance and makes people think they have some magic “dps build”, when all they are doing is ignoring half the game’s mechanics.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    edited March 2019
    <

Told you so.

Such a humble remark makes one ask are you more interested in having right or getting things right tbh.

Seeing the damage and performance from 24k + both cw and barb in same zone the feeling of this change being overpowerful shrinks in comparison to how it felt.

We are still far from seeing the end result (for my hr and my friends tr and sw i sincerely hope so) of this class balance on preview so lets not jump to to much conclutions yet.

Testing groups in end dungeon with different set ups when we are closer to final tweeks will show how they succceded in creating an enviroment for 3/1/1 in a much better way.

Op is kinda hard comared to gwf and gf changes as they do not have a dps path to lean on therefore making the Justice path more sencitive to low damage.

I feel strongly that leaving ego and finger pointing out of this will make the evaluation on the forums quite more pleasant to read.

Best
    edited March 2019
    Ok so I ported over my main OP and started the campaign again to test the leveling part of the process.

She is 18k iL on preview now but no personal equipped gear changed from live yet except weapon and armor enchant.
    She has a level 35 Allure Augment slotted.
    She has 527774 HP <- this is insane.

Play experience - I once again feel immortal (see insane HP), the shield gets raised to stop CC and to recharge Divinity and that is it. In the first expedition I got the super-charged undead and they made me raise the shield to soak some damage and wait for powers to recharge.

Powers.
    All the AoE powers, except Vow of Enmity feel right for solo play. Vow of Enmity needs to have 2x the damage and a shorter cooldown to justify its place in the powers.
    Smite is hitting far too hard, it needs to come down to about 700 magnitude (basically it shouldn't do more damage than Relentless Avenger given it is far more reliably used than Relentless).

Overall with this mod the solo play experience has been much improved and is comparable to the other classes I have been testing, except in the immortality bit.

So, from where I sit, the change that needs to happen is a damage debuff and a threat increase in queued content as has been suggested previously.</font>
    Post edited by obsidiancran3 on
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    @asterdahl
    I noticed when I respecced today that the default array put Str at 9.

Can you confirm if our attacks are Physical or Magical.

As it is the Tank spec needs Str for Stamina recovery (in case it ever looses any), so starting at 9 hurts a lot.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • drrrakodrrrako Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    deleted
    Post edited by drrrako on
    I was reminded by someone playing with Tab near me, can we please not shout/scream when Tab is pressed, find some other sound effect please.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    drrrako said:

deleted

I know you deleted it, but at the time I read it I hadn’t tested in a party.

I have since done so with an equal level (we were 75) CW through an Expedition, where we handily got the bugged Undead mob as a “boss”.

Powers:
    Radiant Strike/Oath Strike
    Vow of Enmity/Binding Oath/Templar’s Wrath
    Radiant Charge/Divine Judgement
    Composure and whatever other Passive you like.

I had trouble keeping aggro only if: I missed an enemy with one of the AoEs and the CW then hit it. Vow was not off cooldown and I need to get something further away than I could immediately reach.

We did not go slow and careful (it was solo content) and Divinity was mostly ok.

The only feedback I have from it is “Vow needs a lower cooldown”, the same thing I said all last week.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • zlijaguarzlijaguar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    I want to ask all of you a questions: In mod 16 except new dung, is op going to be needed for any other dung? if so can someone explain me how?
  • tilrod2tilrod2 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    1. The new TAB-mechanic feels much better then Dig-In from fighter (Dig-In should be activated this way). Nonetheless i dont see any reason to use this mechanic. Its to expensive for the gain. There are only a few situations where it is usefull. The cleric has a similar encounter, but it is cheaper and has a heal over time effect added. We loose divinity and stamina while blocking with TAB. So in the end we have no divinity and no stamina to get divinity back.

2. The other tank classes can attack while blocking. Figthers have Guarded Strike and Shield Bash. Barbarians have Unstoppable which cause them to block automatical while they can still attack. This leads to the feeling that the other tanks are much more dynamic.

3. We get divinity every time an enemy hits our shield. It does not matter if we take 5 LP or 100.000 LP damage. We gain the same amount of divinity. So we gain less divinity the more damage the enemy inflictes in slow big hits (i.e. bosses). But we need more divinity in such fights then in fights with small mobs, cause they last longer.

4. @asterdahl said, we should not block to much while fighting. But we need to block to gain divinity. And we need divinity to do our job as tank in a reasonable way.

5. @asterdahl said, we should slot maximal one encounter which consumes divinity. This restrict us in selecting the encounters. Other classes can choose 3 encounters out of 10. This means they have 120 combinations of encounters. We choose 1 encounter out of 4 (1 out of 5 for oathkeeper) which consumes divinity and 2 out of 6 (2 out of 5 for oathkeeper) which doesnt. This means we have only 60 (50 for oathkeeper) viable combinations. This problem will also occur for the class features, if we are allowed to equip a maximum of one aura as announced.
    edited March 2019
    tilrod2 said:

1. The new TAB-mechanic feels much better then Dig-In from fighter (Dig-In should be activated this way). Nonetheless i dont see any reason to use this mechanic. Its to expensive for the gain. There are only a few situations where it is usefull. The cleric has a similar encounter, but it is cheaper and has a heal over time effect added. We loose divinity and stamina while blocking with TAB. So in the end we have no divinity and no stamina to get divinity back.

2. The other tank classes can attack while blocking. Figthers have Guarded Strike and Shield Bash. Barbarians have Unstoppable which cause them to block automatical while they can still attack. This leads to the feeling that the other tanks are much more dynamic.

3. We get divinity every time an enemy hits our shield. It does not matter if we take 5 LP or 100.000 LP damage. We gain the same amount of divinity. So we gain less divinity the more damage the enemy inflictes in slow big hits (i.e. bosses). But we need more divinity in such fights then in fights with small mobs, cause they last longer.

4. @asterdahl said, we should not block to much while fighting. But we need to block to gain divinity. And we need divinity to do our job as tank in a reasonable way.

5. @asterdahl said, we should slot maximal one encounter which consumes divinity. This restrict us in selecting the encounters. Other classes can choose 3 encounters out of 10. This means they have 120 combinations of encounters. We choose 1 encounter out of 4 (1 out of 5 for oathkeeper) which consumes divinity and 2 out of 6 (2 out of 5 for oathkeeper) which doesnt. This means we have only 60 (50 for oathkeeper) viable combinations. This problem will also occur for the class features, if we are allowed to equip a maximum of one aura as announced.

1. Tab is not going to be used much if at all in current state so agree.

2. Justicar has the very good option of cousing radiant damage when hit binding oath is super nice I want to see feats/class feats that further this damage making us regenerate threat while being hit and doing damage at same time. This is a perfect and very good tool for OP to compensate for the lack of being able to attack while blocking. Add feated Absolution to this and you have a very good toolset for tanking in groups.

3. Upp the gain from absolution ( now we have to be careful with smite there to much divinity and smite will become to powerful, one way could be to lower damage a bit from smite and increase divinity gain overall especially if you feat and use encounters for increasing divinity gain.

4,See above but it need to be increased between fights no reason for staying passive for 2 min between the fights just makes game more boring.

5. We need both class feats and normal feats reworked they are beyond bad.

Best

Post edited by marnival on
  • tilrod2tilrod2 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Hello @asterdahl,

I want to know the idea and the differences in playstyle behind all three tank classes. Can you enlighten me in this point?
    So I can decide which tank would fit my priorisite playstyle and which one i get ready for mod 16.

best regards
    Tilrod