test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Please let us have our portraits back as an option. I seriously find the stripped down HUD to be ugly and want to see my characters, their pets and party members. I find no merit whatsoever in this change.

I agree with this.

I would like to see our character and companion portrait return at a minimum.

If they could make it all optional that would be great, and then an option to turn on portraits in team play as well.

If you just want to see yourself you could.
    If you don't care about yourself but would like to see your teammates then you could.
    If you name all of your companions the same thing and having a portrait would help you remember which one was active right now? That would be an option, too.
  • twinklfangs#2058 twinklfangs Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have always wanted a Mystic Phoera and finally got one only to be very disappointed that this companion aggros mobs as I pass by them, i.e. Icespire Peak and Neverdeath Graveyard, to name a few. I am Level 70 CW and this does not happen with other companions. I am also a Level 70 SW and had to drop my soul puppet for the same reason. Would it be possible to changes this so that a these companions (don't know about other ones) would attack when I attack and not before?
  • glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    I'd like to propose that the pvp maps be changed slightly so that they include a monster spawn that slowly moves to the other base. This creates a tug of war much that gives us another way of balancing the support, tanking and dps roles. Points can be earned through the match by performing combat and non-combat activities. These points could be used (they disappear at the end) to purchase temporary buffs that last for the match which would ultimately bridge the gap between higher and lesser geared groups.

This would turn the events into more of a mini game that would actually be considered fun rather than a senseless one sided slaughter.

thanks a bunch
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    fisenfis said:

This is obviously due to the companion bug. Why link something so obviously useless? Do you want his view counts in youtube to rise up? Because other than that, i see no point in putting that video link there.

He was using a Sellsword, not a broken Rust Monster which makes anyone hit for 95mil. Electric Shot among with other powers on the hunter is broken. Again, I am not sure whether or not it was patched which I already said in my post. I should've linked the other video where you clearly see him walking up to a mob and hitting them for 400k with his atwill before his comp even had attacked it.
    Sellsword is also broken in damage. They have an AoE attack that one shots most everthing around them. There are several others that have this same issue. If you want to test out the game you should either use no companion, augement or healing companions only.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k

Party made of 5x 8k IL. And you're soloing it with 14k IL so you can't really compare difficulty.

well it won't matter much for boss if there's 8k IL tank or 14k. if i die in 2 hits how long will 8k last?

Probably as long as you since they made you stat wise into a 8k character to run the content. This is why they removed as many buffs as they did and focused on giving lots of stats. Stats are easily taken away in content where as the buffs/debuffs still exist after they would scale you down.
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • xdruidgregxxdruidgregx Member Posts: 57 Arc User

Party made of 5x 8k IL. And you're soloing it with 14k IL so you can't really compare difficulty.

well it won't matter much for boss if there's 8k IL tank or 14k. if i die in 2 hits how long will 8k last?

Probably as long as you since they made you stat wise into a 8k character to run the content. This is why they removed as many buffs as they did and focused on giving lots of stats. Stats are easily taken away in content where as the buffs/debuffs still exist after they would scale you down.
    By that comment i was just pointing that boss hits too hard for me to tank it. And as i'm almost twice IL then the minimum needed to enter i should last 50% longer then 8k IL player. I presume messed up scaling is at work in that example. I'll w8 till next patch to check if it was improved.

> @adinosii said:

>

> If people generally want some other combination than 3+1+1 it would probably be not because of personal preference, but because that combination is considered sub-optimal, which would indicate problem with the design in the first place....

... instead of imposing restrictions, I think it would be more effective to make people really want to run a 3+1+1 combination, by making sure it was really optimal.

This sums it up perfectly, ty.

When you "Push" a suboptimal composition by setting heavy restrictions, you should expect players to find ways around the restriction.

"Pull" instead of "Push" is better.

"Pull" us into self-enforcing 3+1+1 by setting the content , feats and powers to require it for a smooth run.

Players will be happier and those tricking the queue will always get kicked in a "Pull" system.

What if, going back to @thefabricant 's suggestion of offering group dynamic bonuses; rather than issuing it for the variety of classes in a group, grant the boost to a group that uses and maintains the 3/1/1?

So yeah, if someone in a premade wants to swap from DPS to Tank they can, but the group loses its buff, and can't get it back by re-swapping to DPS.

Maybe start with a base bonus, then after each "lesser boss" it goes up a notch?
    I prefer to run what I want to run and in a private I shouldn't be punished for not conforming to some 3/1/1 standard that I or friends might not want to do. I dislike the idea of giving benefits to how some group wants to run at the expense of those that prefer to not run that way. I like unique things and not cookie cutter do it only this one way.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    @werdandi#8366 That might be true for your guild, and well ... I don't notice people complaining about the nerf or about the healing/lifesteal issue much either. I can certainly see that many dcs are ready to start healing all our sorry dps asses.
    My impression ingame was more like this:
    - all the people who don't know much about next mod/preview and are just reading other people comments on the topic from PE/guild/alliance chat aside:

- people who went on preview and complain about the class balance and playstyle and the lack of transparency regarding this matter (who often play classes that don't feel smooth to play on preview rn)
    - people who complain about everything they attained before (artifacts, gear, companions) becoming more or less useless (as always when a completely new bis gear round arrives)
    - people who tell the last two kind of people to shut up and wait for the new mod
    - and many others that are not online much at the moment.

while this might not be true for all guilds or channels, I notice how the players I run content with are within the last 4 categories.
    From all my guildies I got 1 person who is saying they are happy with mostly everything they have seen on preview and doesn't get what all the complaining is about.

I don't have a problem at all with a nerf. I don't know why people would think that the nerf is the major issue, if we all got to feel it in the same way. I have a problem with a lack of transparency and communication; and a loss of opportunities, and reducing choices on builds is just that in my eyes.
    The lack of updates in some classes threads is not that much a problem in general, it just kills the mood and will to test and trying to improve. Who would repaint a sinking class ship - that's what it feels like, in some ways.

If it's prioritisation or simple starting at some point to work on some classes first and on others later, then we have a lack of communication on what exactly is being worked on at the moment and what is happening, and it should be considered that classes that get worked on first have a longer time to test things out.
    While I realize that you always have to start somewhere, the combination of everything (like prioritisation and not much communication) right now is just a bit disappointing to me. But, as I was told by the first type of people ingame: If yer don't like it you don't have to play. Yeah well that's true.

I guess everybody sees that in a different light, and if you got a good feel on preview and your char is running as smoothly as you expected, it's fine of course. I don't mind a bit of a near-death-exp in pve either. I really can see how people that had a good experience on preview don't get what the fuss is about.
    I also wanna point out that I really like the new campaign. Of course some things don't work immediately, thats why it's on preview :) and I can see that it's a lot of work to get this out in "spring".
    I have always liked playing neverwinter and I'm sure many will continue to play it regardless. For me it comes down to how much I enjoy playing my main classes, in the end. Not how awesome and fascinating the new campaign or the new gear or the new ... will be, if taking my HR/TR around are not fun to play I won't enjoy it anymore. That's all for me, and I guess there are some others too. This is not about how off the paingiver charts I can be or how long a dungeon will take, it's all a matter of how smooth and fun it feels to play.
    But that's just me.
    - bye bye -
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

> @adinosii said:

>

> If people generally want some other combination than 3+1+1 it would probably be not because of personal preference, but because that combination is considered sub-optimal, which would indicate problem with the design in the first place....

... instead of imposing restrictions, I think it would be more effective to make people really want to run a 3+1+1 combination, by making sure it was really optimal.

This sums it up perfectly, ty.

When you "Push" a suboptimal composition by setting heavy restrictions, you should expect players to find ways around the restriction.

"Pull" instead of "Push" is better.

"Pull" us into self-enforcing 3+1+1 by setting the content , feats and powers to require it for a smooth run.

Players will be happier and those tricking the queue will always get kicked in a "Pull" system.

What if, going back to @thefabricant 's suggestion of offering group dynamic bonuses; rather than issuing it for the variety of classes in a group, grant the boost to a group that uses and maintains the 3/1/1?

So yeah, if someone in a premade wants to swap from DPS to Tank they can, but the group loses its buff, and can't get it back by re-swapping to DPS.

Maybe start with a base bonus, then after each "lesser boss" it goes up a notch?
    I prefer to run what I want to run and in a private I shouldn't be punished for not conforming to some 3/1/1 standard that I or friends might not want to do. I dislike the idea of giving benefits to how some group wants to run at the expense of those that prefer to not run that way. I like unique things and not cookie cutter do it only this one way.
    No one's saying otherwise.
    But selfish attitudes are what stop certain classes from getting in to LFG groups for end game content.

No one is suggesting taking anything away from you for running any group you want. No punishment for anything...

You seem to misunderstand what the word punishment means. I mean it's not like someone on a games forum would deliberately exaggerate to emphasise their point... so I'll explain.
    Punishment is a penalty imposed for some sort of offence. You and your friends would receive no such penalty, because you'd be doing nothing wrong.

I'm not suggesting you are in any way penalised for running whatever the hell you want, but that people who form groups from sub optimal "non meta" group builds get a bump up in order to make those less popular classes more inviting.

YOU would not be impacted in any way.

But if you see someone else getting a helping hand as you being penalised... well, there's probably nothing I can say that will change that.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited March 2019

- people who went on preview and complain about the class balance and playstyle and the lack of transparency regarding this matter (who often play classes that don't feel smooth to play on preview rn)

This is not about how off the paingiver charts I can be or how long a dungeon will take, it's all a matter of how smooth and fun it feels to play.

I totally agree with this, the combat style and fluidity are the most challenging aspects. Dull and akward rotations are the main potential problems and Cryptic should emphase that they are working on it seriously AND that it will be improved over time (don't let people in the dark).
    There is also this big job of scaling the players and mobs properly so that soloing campaigns doesn't become a nightmare.
    I don't feel sorry for mastercrafters (they were able to do a lot of money at mod14 and 15) except the ones that increased their workshop after winter festival: I bet the return for investment was not so great but they were normally aware that nothing can be taken for granted. However, the devs could add some recipes for them and for "normal" crafters.

And as for communication,it really depends on the dev but there is work in the background.

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Sigil of devoted got nerf to 25% total ap.
    Snail legendary got nerf to 10% ap restore.
    snail epic got nerf to 5% ap restore.

This artifact gives 93% AP IN 15 seconds.
    IT needs to be similar to sigil of devoted the ap gain.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Even after threat boost patch, pets are stealing aggro from all tanks.

Lions stealing aggro from endgame geared Vanguard in CN at Beholder Boss.

No pet, no matter how Legendary should ever be greater threat builder then a player character tank.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.

I have always wanted a Mystic Phoera and finally got one only to be very disappointed that this companion aggros mobs as I pass by them, i.e. Icespire Peak and Neverdeath Graveyard, to name a few. I am Level 70 CW and this does not happen with other companions. I am also a Level 70 SW and had to drop my soul puppet for the same reason. Would it be possible to changes this so that a these companions (don't know about other ones) would attack when I attack and not before?

No pet, no matter how Legendary should ever be greater threat builder then a player character tank.

Both of these might be better in the companion thread.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

1 - They need to simplify the whole system because they want to port it to another format/system like mobile gaming or perhaps something like a less sophisticated/weaker game systems/consoles.

I really hope a Switch port isn't coming, that thing doesn't have enough buttons to support all combat related inputs.

I think a big part of the dislike of the current pacing of combat is because you spend long periods of time feeling like you are doing nothing. The thing is, I think there are multiple ways to solve this and not only, "just make encounter powers spammable." I think another way of solving this is by changing the way fights are structured. If you base fights around a 15 second time period, I think if there was a 5 second window where you can safely attack, then 10 seconds of hard mechanics to avoid, before the 15 second cycle was restarted. This would achieve, "interesting combat" without having spammable encounters.

During the hard mechanics phases, you would only have time for an at will every so often and would spend most of your time positioning.

Yes please to the bullet hell.

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Some feedback:

Mounts
    • The Current Mount Powers (Equip bonus, Power and Movement Speed) have no description in them unless you click into it
    • When selecting a power, the Active Power should be better outlined in the list at the top, otherwise it looks just like the list of powers to choose from
    Items
    • No values yet for Vigor Insignias [Ed. as no more movement stat - will be tradeable for other insignias]
    • Still can't refine Insignias less than epic, and not reliably at epic either
    • Artifacts in the inventory have double the stats listed in the tooltips - this is normalised once it is equipped however
    • All artifacts are doing WAAAAY too much damage e.g. 400-500k hits, and this also applies in PvP
    • The stats when comparing your Equipped and the Item you are hovering on is all off, they do not correspond to the stats of either item
    Post edited by vordayn on
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • violencebf22violencebf22 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    In 1 of those people wrote a cool idea, Remove the damage table. Then no one will chase for a larger number, but add the indicator of utility green red yellow. If you did not contribute your share for passing as hell, then you are burning red, if you have done almost nothing and have watched how the 2 remaining DDs cause damage, then you are red or if you hit red a couple of times with abilities again. Only after making or controlling or using abilities that affect the fight and not afk, then you have yellow, and if you do everything very well, then green. The same with tanks. OH "greater everfrost trousers" and "greater everfrost undercoat" set bonus will you leave life steal?
    Post edited by violencebf22 on
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

I think a big part of the dislike of the current pacing of combat is because you spend long periods of time feeling like you are doing nothing. The thing is, I think there are multiple ways to solve this and not only, "just make encounter powers spammable." I think another way of solving this is by changing the way fights are structured. If you base fights around a 15 second time period, I think if there was a 5 second window where you can safely attack, then 10 seconds of hard mechanics to avoid, before the 15 second cycle was restarted. This would achieve, "interesting combat" without having spammable encounters.

During the hard mechanics phases, you would only have time for an at will every so often and would spend most of your time positioning.

This may be your idea of fun, it's my idea of hell, particularly when the game is laggy as it always is after a new release.
    And I lag more than you, so stop whining. Its possibly to have well telegraphed bullet hells, even with 1k+ pings, which are avoidable.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    vordayn said:

No values yet for Vigor Insignias

This is intentional. There is or will be a trade in vendor for Leeching and Vigor insignia.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • twinklfangs#2058 twinklfangs Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Both of these might be better in the companion thread.
    It has been addressed in the bugs section and as you can guess, nothing has been done about it for what it seems many years. The point of mentioning this in this thread is to hopefully have it resolved when Mod 16 hits. Though I haven't tried the test beta, I bet you anything it's still the same. :)
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

This may be your idea of fun, it's my idea of hell, particularly when the game is laggy as it always is after a new release.
    And I lag more than you, so stop whining. Its possibly to have well telegraphed bullet hells, even with 1k+ pings, which are avoidable.
    I'd kill for 1 second pings straight after a release although I'm normally much better than that, but it still doesn't stop the issue with red areas only appearing AFTER the damage that goes with them which I've put up with for as long as I can remember.

If I wanted to play a game which absolutely required fine positioning, I'd play that sort of game, I never do, and I resent a game that I decided to play precisely BECAUSE it didn't require that having it introduced many years in. There's a big difference between requiring particular skills from your players from day 1 and asking for way more suddenly later.

In 1 of those people wrote a cool idea, Remove the damage table. Then no one will chase for a larger number, but add the indicator of utility green red yellow. If you did not contribute your share for passing as hell, then you are burning red, if you have done almost nothing and have watched how the 2 remaining DDs cause damage, then you are red or if you hit red a couple of times with abilities again. Only after making or controlling or using abilities that affect the fight and not afk, then you have yellow, and if you do everything very well, then green. The same with tanks. OH "greater everfrost trousers" and "greater everfrost undercoat" set bonus will you leave life steal?

I get the aim of removing the post-encounter ranking window, but what purpose does color-coding people serve?

Someone's red. Yes, and? If they get the reward then why would they care?

Is the goal to get the other people to just start calling out those that went red?
    Do you not think that it would spill over to yellow? Someone new to the game queues for something and scores in the yellow and then everyone else in that queue starts calling them out and bullying them in chat?
    You think that this is a worthy design goal? To get people to start calling out people in chat? Making claims that only a few people could support or refute, if they are even in the same zone, have that chat in their window, and are paying attention to what is being said?

No thanks.

Get rid of the public window.
    Instead make it a private window displaying just your personal stats (damage dealt, damage received, and healing done), and then set a reasonable minimum goal. If you meet one of those goals then you get credit and get the reward.
    Since mass-enemy melting should hopefully be removed in Mod16 everyone should get a chance to participate more freely in these things.

Fail to meet any of them? Not only do you not get a reward at the end of the event, but you do not get credit for even doing the thing as far as some daily or weekly mission might go.

The private window will help you see what you have done, so you can generally track how you are doing, maybe try some changes and see how they work for you in a general sense, but no one else needs to see those numbers.

I wouldn't even care about a threshold if they could time participation in the actual event. The event started at 1513:11? It ended at 1519:23? You dealt damage at 1513:45 and took damage at 1518:58? You participated in enough of the event to get credit. Congratulations.
  • brainfirebob#3208 brainfirebob Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    > @fanlaar#4089 said:
    > > @skuallpw said:
    > > Soloing in Mod 16 is slow, dull and lifeless if the game had been like this in beta, I would not have even considered playing it. All the fluidity and fun has gone. You may not see this on your combat monsters, but it's very obvious on my 12-15K chars.
    > >
    > >
    > > if they kill soloing as we know it half the playerbase is gone. I dont mind harder or slower , but if its impossible , dont count me in.
    >
    > I’m in that half the player base that is gone more than likely. I work in my office 60ish hours a week, I help my wife with her business on my days off, we like to cook from scratch and go to the gym each day, we also take care of animals at a rescue. Guess how much free time I have for gaming? I love Neverwinter because I can log on for 45-60 minutes while I drink coffee and still have fun and feel like I accomplished something. Changing the game to a slow paced end game group focused MMO means my 45 minutes becomes useless.

I wanted to reiterate it to agree with this. Good for you if you have time to make every run a two hour challenge fest, some of us have careers, kids, and responsibilities, so overscaling us or making solo too grindy is essentially telling us we're not wanted.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Quick question for Y'all who have done preview, how are Preview characters handled? Are they just Deleted when it goes live or are they transferred into your account?

I want to know if i should nuke the test characters i have made so they don't clog up my character slots.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    bpstuart, It's a separate server entirely. The only cross over is if you copy a character over from the live server via https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/nw Characters would never go back to the live server as there are many extra "stores" and options on the preview server in which you can get newer items for 1 copper, or you can copy multiple version of a live character to essentially multiply your assets.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    bpstuart said:

Quick question for Y'all who have done preview, how are Preview characters handled? Are they just Deleted when it goes live or are they transferred into your account?

I want to know if i should nuke the test characters i have made so they don't clog up my character slots.

Completely separate, will never transfer to live. You could copy the same character with a leg mount down 20 times and have 20 on it for transfer back if they ever came back.