test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

Tooks only play support classes, so cannot speak about your DPS toons.
    But you cannot go wrong by focusing on completing all boons and ranking up bonding stones on as many of your main toons as you can.
    boon points and bonding runes are the only absolute "you will still need" in Mod 16.

Gear is not important as anything you grind for now will be 2nd tier when Mod16 drops on console.

imho, read the preview Mod16 threads carefully for your main toons.
    You will get a general picture of which enchants you need. Rank those up.
    Also, get companion gear for all your main toons.
    Can't go wrong with those actions.
    A great place to get comp gear is the undying lock box's Bloodied Companion Pack I am pretty sure they upped the drop rate in those as I am getting great stuff and I am already nearly set for that thank goodness.

But what I am supposed to do with the normal enchants (non-bonding stones) already using for them? I don't have a need for them and will end up with dozens of 10+ ranked enchants I can't use.

Thanks for the input I will try to figure out what enchants I should be upgrading.
    Save your extra high-ranked enchants.
    You will be able to trade them in for companion runestones.
    I would read up in the class-specific preview forums on which runestones you should get in trade to fit your class build.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    I know, but maybe I'm wrong, that the purpose of having the "blocked" queues with that configuration is primarily to make sure that the "overpower" groups and consequently the power fast runs are avoided; in second place is to make sure that the DPS (which are for the greater part) we have a little more easy life in making the public contents.
    I would put a dungeon time limit, perhaps with mechanics and movies so that regardless of the group, the time to do the activity is always the same. Many problems would end and everyone, even the "less talented", would have their fun.
    Absolutely for the "private queue" there should be no limitations. Being private, will I be free to do it as I please? At this point, the ability of programmers to create content comes into play, which despite my tests and my attempts, the proposal of the initial configuration is always the best.

Good luck :)
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019

I know that you are making it posible to change enchantments and insignia. But for the casualplayer the gold cost of removing them from the gear is not right in my opinion. it should be a free removal as it is a change that is forced on you. I know some will say its noit a lot but at 3.5 gold a time it soon ads up to what mostcasual players have and will take days to get them back.

Keep in mind that removal of ID scrolls means that it will be easier to get gold by just selling random green junk drops. I think there was also some talk about increased gold drops in general, partially meant to compensate for the increased need for healing potions.

Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    adinosii said:

asterdahl said:

I don't mean to be difficult back, but I'm having trouble following your logic. If for instance, someone who wants to play a Dreadnought queues as a Vanguard, intending to switch when they are inside, leaving the group without a tank and unable to progress until someone is kicked—how is that an indication that the 3DPS, 1 Tank, 1 Healer meta has failed?

If people generally want some other combination than 3+1+1 it would probably be not because of personal preference, but because that combination is considered sub-optimal, which would indicate problem with the design in the first place.

However, consider another problem:

Let's say that players queue up 3+1+1 with the roles they intend to play...but the group just fails. Now for example the group might have 2 Paladins...one queued as Tank, the other as healer. Then it becomes apparent that one of them is just not good at its role, so they would like to switch...the Tank switches to Heal and vice versa. The group would still have 3+1+1, but we have lost the flexibility to do this.

I'm not asking for a change here, and personally this will not affect me. I do realize that there is a problem....my point is just that instead of imposing restrictions, I think it would be more effective to make people really want to run a 3+1+1 combination, by making sure it was really optimal.
    We're on the same page Adinosii, in terms of making sure the 3,1,1 option is the most effective. Regardless of what restrictions we put in, we want them to feel like they're there to stop abuse, not to stop players from using an optimal build. We were never happy with how long there was a disconnect between the queue requirements on live and the reality of the meta.

We'll be working hard to ensure that 3,1,1 is the best option.

It was aleady mentioned few times but but I haven't seen replay (if i didn't noticed it my apology).
    Could one of developers create new thread with patchnotes where would be posted changes implemented with weekly updates?
    That would make easier to check if changes working as intended.

I spoke with our production team and there should be patch notes for this week's build, I apologize about last week's build lacking patch notes.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

I spoke with our production team and there should be patch notes for this week's build, I apologize about last week's build lacking patch notes.

Great. Any chance of getting a "Major known issues", or "Still not done" list, so people don't waste time reporting those ?

Hoping for improvements...

@asterdahl
    About the meta... have you thought about the option to drop the "required meta" completly and change it to some kind of a "supported meta"?

That means no requirement checks, neither for premade, nor for pugs. If five DC healers want to run CR, let them try. However, if a group runs as the "supported meta", every role will get a bonus: the tank will get a HP and/or defence boost, the healer will get a boost to his healing abilitys and the three DPS will get a boost power or a crit cap increase to 75% or something like that.

The bonus check is permanently active in queues. That means if the group decides - in the middle of a run - to switch away from the "supported meta", they will loose any bonus. If they switch back to the "supported meta", the bonus will be on again. (Additional benefit: it would make it very easy for two Paladins to switch tank/healer roles)

Of course, the difficulty of content should be build around the "supported meta".

Just an idea.

While it's certainly an interesting idea, actually balancing content around it would be impossible. There's no way content could be challenging but doable for 5 dps, vs 5 healers, vs 5 tanks, vs 3,1,1 vs 2,2,1 etc. We'd like to ensure that a pick up group has the proper party composition to complete the content.

That said, we currently don't have restrictions on premades, so you can try out different compositions if you want to. I do understand why some people are concerned about premades not having a restriction though, there are arguments to be made on both sides of the issue.
    adinosii said:

The only way I can see to reasonably accommodate this is to have a party vote system. "Bob has requested to change roles from Healer to DPS. Do you agree?" If the whole party doesn't click agree, then Bob cannot change roles.

That would actually be a really good solution. It would handle issues like one I mentioned where you have two paladins, one Tank and the other a Healer, and for some reason they want to swap.

It is a solid suggestion, it would likely take some time to implement and isn't something that could be done and tested for Module 16 launch along with the rest of the remaining workload, but it's not off the table for the future.

What is the rationale behind the golden lion's combat power going from 100% of hp shield when summoned to only 30%?

We've decreased almost all sources of buffs and debuffs, including temporary hit points/shields. Having access to a 100% EHP increase as often as that is an issue if we want to bring content into balance. I apologize if the change is frustrating, I made the golden lion myself!
    blur#5900 said:

It seems that new companion system wanted to bring diversity among summoned companions by allowing us to choose any companion as summoned without making any big impact, similar like mount system allowing us to choose any visual and pick equip and combat powers independently on the mount we ride.

This system is welcome on the companions as well and it makes no big difference aside from some companions having the debuff passive abilities but there is one thing that stands out. Sword trio (Sellsword, ConArtist and Rebel Mercenary) deal far higher damage than any other companion and if it remains like that we will be seeing only those 3 companions as summoned and there would be no diversity. It would be nice if sword trio's damage was toned down to the level of other companions.

Hello! Thanks for testing out the changes on preview. Companions are still receiving many damage adjustments, we are aiming for many more to be viable. That said, we would greatly appreciate it if you could direct your feedback to the companion thread, so that @sgrantdev (who has been handling companions) can see your reports more easily. I know it's annoying to have to post in so many different threads, but it saves us an unimaginable amount of time triaging issues, thank you so much!

@noworries#8859 Can you please put a limit of how many Scroll of Mass life can be used in a Dungeon? maybe 3xMass Scroll of Life per character?

There actually is a limit now, not per dungeon but there is now a limit regarding consecutive revivals. Once you hit 5 stacks of rez sickness your next KO you will go straight to death and need to release.
    jawlsyno said:

There seems to be an occassional issue with companion stats where in zoning doesn't reflect the bonuses provided by my companion until I dismiss and resummon the companion. my usual armor penetration is 36000. It has gone down after I zone into a dungeon and doesn't change until after resummoning.

Thanks for the report! I've passed this along to @sgrantdev who is handling the companion adjustments, but in the future it would help out a ton if you could post this sort of thing on the companion thread! There are a lot of posts to go through, and helping to keep things organized saves us a ton of time!
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I agree with all of @adinosii's points, and I'm curious @asterdahl what you think the arguments for restrictions on premades are?
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • shadower75shadower75 Member Posts: 20 Arc User

In Neverwinter's next module, Undermountain, Power Points and Active Companion Slots will no longer be relevant to the game.

@asterdahl Power Points stayed in the campaign Sharandar

[img]https://i.imgur.com/vVENNIo.png[/img]
    Something odd happening with the combat dummies in SH:

(Character: Obsidian Moonlight, Paladin, Justicar, 20420iL)

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Valorous Strike deals 5745 (6058) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Valorous Strike deals 2685 (5664) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Shielding Strike deals 3008 (3172) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Shielding Strike deals 1603 (3381) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

Sure I don't have 24k ArP, so the basic reduction is expected, but every now and then I get this random hit with a 50% reduction in effect. I'm not sure if this is a bug in the Paly or the Dummies.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User

[Combat (Self)] Your Shielding Strike deals 3008 (3172) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Shielding Strike deals 1603 (3381) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

How's your Accuracy? That looks like the Dummy got a Deflect proc against you.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
    edited March 2019

How's your Accuracy? That looks like the Dummy got a Deflect proc against you.
    Hmm 18k, so I guess that is the answer. (Without companion summoned *cough*.)

Just not used to dummies having effective stats to start with :)
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

@asterdahl
    About the meta... have you thought about the option to drop the "required meta" completly and change it to some kind of a "supported meta"?

That means no requirement checks, neither for premade, nor for pugs. If five DC healers want to run CR, let them try. However, if a group runs as the "supported meta", every role will get a bonus: the tank will get a HP and/or defence boost, the healer will get a boost to his healing abilitys and the three DPS will get a boost power or a crit cap increase to 75% or something like that.

The bonus check is permanently active in queues. That means if the group decides - in the middle of a run - to switch away from the "supported meta", they will loose any bonus. If they switch back to the "supported meta", the bonus will be on again. (Additional benefit: it would make it very easy for two Paladins to switch tank/healer roles)

Of course, the difficulty of content should be build around the "supported meta".

Just an idea.

While it's certainly an interesting idea, actually balancing content around it would be impossible. There's no way content could be challenging but doable for 5 dps, vs 5 healers, vs 5 tanks, vs 3,1,1 vs 2,2,1 etc. We'd like to ensure that a pick up group has the proper party composition to complete the content.

That said, we currently don't have restrictions on premades, so you can try out different compositions if you want to. I do understand why some people are concerned about premades not having a restriction though, there are arguments to be made on both sides of the issue.
    Hmm, I think you got me wrong with the balancing part. The content should be balanced around the 3+1+1 meta only. Not around any other combination. Any group not running with the "supported meta" would have a much harder time in that queue. But this system would release you from the need to find arguments why for pugs the 3+1+1 meta is required and for premades it is not. For queuing solo (pug) there could be an option to run with the "supported meta" only. If it is quecked, you will end up in a 3+1+1 group, if it is not checked you could end up with any combination. It would be up to the players to choose.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @asterdahl said:
    > @noworries#8859 Can you please put a limit of how many Scroll of Mass life can be used in a Dungeon? maybe 3xMass Scroll of Life per character?
    >
    > There actually is a limit now, not per dungeon but there is now a limit regarding consecutive revivals. Once you hit 5 stacks of rez sickness your next KO you will go straight to death and need to release.

Asterdahl, can I ask why this change was put in place and how it exactly works?

I figure the change is because people were using the scrolls to beat the mechanics of the dungeons(CR).

But how will this work: I.E. if I die twice on 1st sub boss and use 2 scrolls and then die 2 times on 2nd sub boss then die 1 time on last boss, I cant use the scroll that 6th time?

Does the 5 times carryover from dungeon to dungeon, use scrolls 3 times in dungeon then next queue use it 2 times and Im done?

Does it reset after 5 times, and does it count in group is multiple people are using them: 2 people die at same time person A uses mass scroll and then 2 people die again(person A is part of that death) but person B uses scroll does that count as 2 uses in a row.

Sorry for all the questions/scenarios, just wanted to know and see if it is being tessted properly in preview.

Thanks.
  • xdruidgregxxdruidgregx Member Posts: 57 Arc User

> @asterdahl said:

> @noworries#8859 Can you please put a limit of how many Scroll of Mass life can be used in a Dungeon? maybe 3xMass Scroll of Life per character?

>

> There actually is a limit now, not per dungeon but there is now a limit regarding consecutive revivals. Once you hit 5 stacks of rez sickness your next KO you will go straight to death and need to release.

Asterdahl, can I ask why this change was put in place and how it exactly works?

I figure the change is because people were using the scrolls to beat the mechanics of the dungeons(CR).

But how will this work: I.E. if I die twice on 1st sub boss and use 2 scrolls and then die 2 times on 2nd sub boss then die 1 time on last boss, I cant use the scroll that 6th time?

Does the 5 times carryover from dungeon to dungeon, use scrolls 3 times in dungeon then next queue use it 2 times and Im done?

Does it reset after 5 times, and does it count in group is multiple people are using them: 2 people die at same time person A uses mass scroll and then 2 people die again(person A is part of that death) but person B uses scroll does that count as 2 uses in a row.

Sorry for all the questions/scenarios, just wanted to know and see if it is being tessted properly in preview.

Thanks.

Haven't tested it but as i understand that its based on rez sickness that after death while 5 stacks u can't be revive and have to release and go back to campfire. As rez sicness can be heald by standing on camp its mostly boss fight mechanic in my opinion. But as I said i haven't tested it.
  • susanna#6357 susanna Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    In playing on the Mimic server, I tried both the stormwarden and the ranger loadout for my archer. I find it strange that the ranger loadout doesnot have the 'Split the Sky' power and the stormwarden does. I would think that either the ranger had it and the stormwarden not or that they would both have that power. Please comment
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    deleted, wrong post
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

We've decreased almost all sources of buffs and debuffs, including temporary hit points/shields. Having access to a 100% EHP increase as often as that is an issue if we want to bring content into balance. I apologize if the change is frustrating, I made the golden lion myself!

Does this mean that some of the older artifact sets which provide the larger buffs (eg. the Demogorgon set) may also be getting their buffs reduced in magnitude?
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader