test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't Panic and Bring a Towel (Basic Class Guides for M16):

2»

Comments

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    You should prolly add that you won't make a Barbie guide until they get fixed.
    Good work otherwise, bud.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited March 2019

You should prolly add that you won't make a Barbie guide until they get fixed.

Oh they got fixed alright...

I'm no Duck, but this is what I found worked the best and had some semblance of being like live's GWF. Edgy found it to be competitive with the top tier DPS classes, assuming you get an excellent player that can pull things off with 100% consistency.

I found that Barbie does less on single target than AoE, though I think that is due to my single target rotating skills being less refined than the best players. I think the best players will find their single target DPS to be very very strong.

*Assumed to be using a Crit build with Vorpal.

1. AoE

At Wills: Sure Strike/Relentless Slash
    Encounters: Hidden Daggers/Axestorm/Not So Fast
    Daily Attacks: Adamantine Strike/Your choice
    Class Features: Steel Blitz/Trample the Fallen
    Feats: Relentless Speed, Indomitable Rage, Overpenetration, Unstoppable Spin, Relentless Battlerage

---

The rotation is similar to live: gather Rage with your Atwills + Not So Fast (which should proc Trample's 5%, unsure of the 10% extra). When you hit ~45-55% rage, jump and toss Daggers towards the enemies. Turn on Rage and hold down Relentless Slash until Daggers runs out. Then toss out Axestorm before Rage ends and you should have a lot of dead enemies. If not, repeat the rotation.

I don't find I use daily attacks in this setup, since all of the AoE ones seem to take too long to cast. If you plan to use Unstoppable Spin, I do not advise using Spinning Strike as the opening of your rotation, I'd actually advise tossing it at the end of a rotation.

2. Single Target

At Wills: Sure Strike/Relentless Slash
    Encounters: Hidden Daggers/Indomitable Battle Strike/Frenzy
    Daily Attacks: Adamantine Strike/Crescendo
    Class Features: Steel Blitz/Barbed Strikes or Raging Strikes (if CA heavy)

---

Rotation is similar to live, except not as quick. Use Relentless Slash as your self buff, use Sure Strike/Frenzy/Crescendo to gather rage. When you gather 45-55% rage, jump and toss Daggers. Pop Rage, press IBS, then hold down Sure Strike for a few seconds. You should only have ~30-20% of your rage left by this point, toss out Frenzy to make use of the Rage buff and that should leave you with 0 Rage. Repeat the rotation.

If you have a daily attack, you should pop Adamantine Strike ~3-4 seconds before Daggers comes of cooldown, then you can do the rotation as usual and have the Adamantine Strike debuff make your Daggers a bit stronger. I also noticed Frenzy would be out of sync on the rotation (ie, you will sometimes), just use it and make the best of what you got.

I honestly would have used Bloodletter+Bloodspiller due to the self damage helping with rage generation in addition to the damage+cooldown having a more fluid rotation. The whole "kill yourself" part of Bloodspiller made it a no go though.

Notes on passives:

Trample and Steel Blitz end up being a 4-5% damage buff in all circumstances. Raging Strikes and Barbed Strikes can equal that or be less depending on your stats and style.

Steel Blitz is about 4% of my overall damage. While not great, it ends up being equivalent to a 4.2% damage buff using Janne's "% Procs to Buff" formula:
    100/(100-% of Damage) = % damage buff

I don't plan to use any CC powers, so I don't see the point in Trample on single target. Yes, I have Relentless Speed, but Not So Fast is pretty awful for single target.

Barbed Strikes end up being, on average, a ~5.5% DPS increase, even accounting for Vorpal. If you account for max CA with a Vorpal, it ends up being somewhere near a 3.5% DPS increase (0.75+Vorpal+Max CA Bonus+Barbed Strikes/0.75+Vorpal+Max CA Bonus). It might end up being less if you run full DEX and other Crit Severity consumables.

Raging Strikes seems to be the spiritual successor to Wrathful Determination. The rotation I preferred is constantly gaining and draining rage and never gets the max bar, which makes Raging Strikes an average 1.5-2% DPS increase for what I found worked. If you're super CA heavy and like to build up to one long and destructive Rage, then I'd roll with Raging Strikes.
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

• ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Would like to share here some setups I tried during my testing, updated at 15th march patch. Still room to work imo, but probably a good start to who is struggling with m16 warlock

Apologies for poor graphic, I am lazy :)
    AoE rotation is mostly based on cursing and cb (HFring-cb-fb-cb), using at-willk in meantime to fill sparks. For fast fights (low spark gain) take the top one as last feat.
    The two single target one are both based on gaining buff for risky investment (I.E for ST2: gain spark and curse with at will, than hg- at will - VE- at will - KF - atwill - SS - repeat), the choice between ST and ST2 is mostly about player own style and boss fight duration, I personally find both quite interesting.
    Note on HR: the DoT are giving soul sparks on each crit, use it once/10s then spam the other at-will for better spark gain.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Updated these builds, ty to @ramesh84 and @rjc9000 for taking the time to post.
  • drakkon5drakkon5 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    Hello thefabricant, Thanks for your hard work... Any chance you'll update a Pre-Build for Wizards this weekend? Thanks in Advance.