test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Play Testing on Preview

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
Just finished coping my Live folder to Playtest folder, so now patch will not take as long. Sent 3 of my characters to Mimic server for play test on Preview. Ready to rock & roll this weekend... assuming they have it up and running.

Anyone planning to do live streams on Twitch?
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I don't do Twitch. Do have characters ready to take a look at the new.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    Ever since Amazon bought up the Neverwinter Wiki, I now have to log on with Twitch. I had my youngest son over and he helped me set it up but we cannot get audio for some reason. I am able to record video and stream, but no audio yet. My husband said he would look into it later. Not that the audio is too important, as I don't have a good quality microphone, anyone watching would probably just hear the game or my music CDs I listen to as I play. I am thinking of recording any bugs I find so the developers can see them first hand.

To anyone interested in Preview;
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/nw

Join and copy your characters to Mimic. If you don't wish to download 100% the game again, copy Neverwinter\Live to Neverwinter\Playtest this will reduce the patch size to only what is needed.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    gonna copy my toons tonight and see what we get this weekend...

Better to do it now and avoid the mass copy move when it goes live...
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    My OP is available on Test :)
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Sending my Paladin and Warlock over tonight. I am a bit worried about the pally and the mega nerf with shield he is taking. The Warlock, I want to see how they are replacing lifesteal.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    After a +3 GB patch, I am on Preview... this is too weird.

And the weird just keeps coming.

wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    You don't need to copy any files manually, the patcher will copy all that it can from the live dir. Same thing the other way, if preview is patched, and later the build goes live, the patcher will copy it from the preview to the live dir.
  • Options
    micky1p00 said:

You don't need to copy any files manually, the patcher will copy all that it can from the live dir. Same thing the other way, if preview is patched, and later the build goes live, the patcher will copy it from the preview to the live dir.

I copied everything from Live to Playtest because my Playtest is normally empty. This saves time downloading the whole game over and over.

I am definitely NOT getting my butt kicked in Barovia, so I am pleased with that. In fact, I am doing some pretty good damage so far and my TR heals about 17K outside combat. My companion was killing mobs without much effort. I took him to Chult and he took down mobs of raptors on his own without delay in seconds.

NOTE: Developers can and will make changes, this is all variable until the Live release.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2019

micky1p00 said:

I copied everything from Live to Playtest because my Playtest is normally empty. This saves time downloading the whole game over and over.
    As I've said, the patcher will NOT download the whole game.
    It WILL copy the directories on its own.

Your download with copying manually or not copying at all and let the patcher fill that empty dir, will be exactly the same.
  • Options
    tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Great screenshots, Sandukutupu. I was going to do that, thanks.

Here's a quick look at how the Ratings panel looks, before and after:

image becomes image
  • Options
    I witnessed some players chatting today about how they "read" about all the bad things in mod 16 on Preview. I told them, "Unless you have played mod 16 on Preview, you know nothing." I am not saying there isn't bad things, but people are going to say more about the "bad news" than the "good news". If you are reading and basing all your plans on what you read from this forum, reddit, Facebook, and other sources, you are not getting the whole picture. It is like looking at the world through a keyhole.

More to the point, complaining about changes in game chat isn't going to make it better. Play test, find the bug, glitch, or other issues and post them in the proper topic under Preview here. --> https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/categories/neverwinterpreview-shard-pc
    wb-cenders.gif