test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 stat overhaul a game killer?

Comments

• banzaitagbanzaitag Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    rip nw,thanks for taking my money
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Don't know that I'll have time to re-learn the game from scratch. And I'm not a fan of all the equipment they are discarding. What is it that they are doing to our companions, anyway??

Making it more like the mount stable. Pick the comp you want to run with. Pick the different stats you want active.

Main thing is comps will only use comp gear and runestones. Regular enchants are the purview of the character.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    croixx said:

I've been on test last night and earlier this morning. The new system is very different, or worlds different then whats going on now on live. This is the early stages for mod 16 on preview and changes will be made. For those that are thinking about abandoning nwo, stick it out and at least see what gets launched when it goes live. Right now they are testing the waters with preview to see whats what. Obviously the direction this mod is going is to encourage more cooperative and engaging gameplay that isn't dependent on cookie cutter, bis, number crunching dps snobs. Will take skill, time, and commitment to complete endgame content as it should. Its coming......

If the previous mods are anything to go by, what is on Preview is pretty much what will go live. Only minor changes will be made (like fixing damage done by certain artifacts and bad game breaking bugs), the look and feel won't be changed. It is a pity.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    As I said earlier in the thread. Stat change isn't the killer. Implementation is and WOW did they do a bad job. My current prediction is a 50pct loss of player base. 90pct loss of OP's.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    If anyone is going to quit the game - pls send me your stuff first. Thx and bye!
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    ragnarz2 said:

As I said earlier in the thread. Stat change isn't the killer. Implementation is and WOW did they do a bad job. My current prediction is a 50pct loss of player base. 90pct loss of OP's.

I play an OP, and I'm not planning on leaving. Any other OPs are welcome to send me their gear if they want to leave. I'll take anything :)

On a more serious note. How can we be surprised. The OP is by far the most (hahah) overpowered toon out of the 8 I'm playing. Last mod we even got a flat 14% damage buff. And we didn't say a damn thing cuz we didn't want anybody to notice ...
    Post edited by havlocke on
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    If Mod 16 kills the game, I predict it will be due to these causes:

1. Gameplay for each class being limited to a Tiny Little Box™. Paragon paths let us choose into which Tiny Little Box™ we wish to be shoved, but there is no escaping the Tiny Little Box™. Our gameplay must be predictable by the Implementors.

2. Soloability given the final deathblow. Options for self-healing will now be extremely limited if available at all. Grouping is the new religion.

3. Scaling absolutely everywhere. Now no matter what gear you have or where you go, everything will become a tedious struggle. Forget even about mundane things like influence runs -- you'll need safety in numbers for those as well.

If anything kills the game, these will.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    kjm1002 said:

I think the Dev's are balancing this game based on a spreadsheet, not game play. You can't reset a entire game based on what a spreadsheet tells you. I honestly doubt most of them even play this game. If they did play this game, then they would understand the synergy of the different classes. They would understand how each character fits in the game, why some classes are more powerful then others and why some classes need to be immortal and some don't. But all have a vital role in the game.
    Balance is a illusion, a lie to make people feel better, it dose not exist. In real life, nothing is balanced. Some people are stronger then others. Some people are taller, some shorter. In D&D games, in all games there is no balanced. Just play ESO and see how imbalanced that game is.
    If the Dev's go through with this crazy idea, they will kill NW. If this game manages to survive this Nuke called Mod16, it will never be what it once was. Fun, relaxing and Enjoyable. Those people who remain to play will be the real victims from what can only be call, Revenge of the Dev's.

An MMO is NOT real life. It should definitely be balanced. Having some classes be more vital than others is BS. It was only fun relaxing and enjoyable if you happened to be one of the lucky ones who did play one of the more "vital" classes.

I started NWO only a year or two ago. Came over from STO. I main a Rogue and a Pally (and alt the rest). And they are chalk and cheese where so called Balance is concerned. My Rogue can kill stuff great but I had to really really work at it, and group up, and spend AD to get him to where he is now. My Pally basically walks where she likes, kills what she needs to and is essentially a Goddess in Plate. I love them both but thank grief I had the Pally to fall back on after the debacle of Mod15. I've also played every other class and have everybody up to 10k to 12k IL. Balance hah. My GWF is doing more damage than my TR without even trying. AND is tougher. How the hell is that good.

This game as it stands is not in a good place. This Mod needed to happen. Now, I'm not saying it will be successful. There is every likelyhood of things burning down in an Apocalyptic dumpster fire. But at least they are trying.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Yes, the game needs change. It should not be ruined.
    kharkov58 said:

The game was ruined ALREADY. The fact that they even considered doing something as extreme as this Mod16 only shows how dire the situation was. Do you seriously think the Devs would have done this otherwise?
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    havlocke said:

kharkov58 said:

The game was ruined ALREADY. The fact that they even considered doing something as extreme as this Mod16 only shows how dire the situation was. Do you seriously think the Devs would have done this otherwise?
    Disclaimer: 5 1/2 year critic of the devs and mods here. Not loved by either and frequently critical.

That said... the door is ---> THAT way. Don't let the doorknob hit you in the rear.

Sry u feel it is ruined. ty for stopping by.

What a defeatest attitude.
    Time to take a break if you feel that way. Find a new game if you do. np. we've all done it.
    But why linger and lurk in forum 3 days into preview if you are that certain NW is "dead" (like we've never heard that before".

NW was heavily flawed before.
    The reboot of NW (that's what I see this as) is unpolished and bug filled.
    But it as preview.
    This is a chance for us to influence and shape the game MOST of us still have some love for.
    We are here to help shape it into something good.

Have a bug you'd like to fix? Please share it.
    If not... why are you here? No one is asking you to stay.
    Leave and let the rest of us try to fix the flawed game we love.

Edit:
    Okay. That was a harsh pushback.
    Apologies to @havlocke for the tone.
    I just spent 12 hours/day for the past 3 days grinding preview in hopes of saving the game.
    Very frustrating to see negative "it's already dead. you are wasting your time" posts.
    That was my point, minus the vitriol.
    Post edited by dread4moor on
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • ronti#8796 ronti Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Mod 16 not that bad,stats changes no lifesteel its also ok, changes needed to this game. BUT HOW TO HAMSTER HELL U SUPOSE TO MAKE U BUILS OR PERSONALITY IN GAME IF U HAVE 3 HAMSTER SKILL? Its not a paragons its not something u can chose, u just have nothing and u can build nothing.The only chalenge this mode bring is to dont find that idiot who make it and dont break his arms. Im acept all the changes in stat all the balances but im dont acept that limited HAMSTER where u have no choise how u build u char.They simple take all the freedom from players and try to make all players the same, where only il and stuff can make a lil diference betwen 2 player.
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Hum, where to start? I would like to say that I have played Neverwinter since the Alpha, on and off. I will play it three-nine months at a time then take a three-six month break. As far as mains go I played a TR, HR and OP. The rest I have leveled and left them for professions and praying.

I am 43 and started playing MMO’s way back when Everquest was in beta. I have played all the major releases and more than a few of the minor ones over the years. I grew up playing table top D&D from the early 80’s. My problems with Neverwinter are IMO the game is way to easy mechanic wise. Playing a game that requires no voice communication or any communication at all “just don’t’ stand in the red” . End-game content is extremely lacking. Would love to see new and relevant “raid” content 10/20/25+ player sized activity. Content replay ability is underwhelming. The bugs, exploits and so on take forever to get addressed and some are skill broken years after they have been brought up to the Devs.

Currently in Neverwinter Live because of “power creep” and “balance issues” the game has become a joke. Certain classes are not wanted in “end-game” groups because of simply put they don’t compete with others. There always is a best tank, best buffer, best dps and so on. IMO unless a class paragon is designed for specific encounters IE single target boss vs AOE bosses vs trash and so on to buffing/control/healing then everyone should be within 3-5% of one another. I know everyone wants to be viable and I know that can be hard to make everyone on the same playing field and keeping class fantasy or uniqueness. Put on top of that everything must be approved of by WOTC and fall within the D&D ruleset

So my main atm is a 18K+ HR, a god if you will. Unless something can kill me with 1 hit then I can’t die. This is wrong on so many levels and tbh trivializes so much. It leads to bad game play honestly, why move and try to avoid a hit if I know it’s not going to kill me and I know the next hit I land will heal me to full. Next the level of “buffs” and “power creep” atm is ruining the game as well. Again why do mechanics when I can stack a group with 4 buffers and a DPS and burn a boss down in mere seconds. WoW…. So fun.

This game needs a complete overhaul and everyone knows it. People for whatever reason do not like change. For Neverwinter to have a future it has to change. We need tanks to actually tank, healers to actually heal, buffers/controllers to do their job and DPS to blender it up. As far as my thoughts on character progression with gear, enchants, levels and so on. We should never find ourselves completely BiS. BiS is the goal but in theory should never be obtained because when that happens what is the driving force to keep playing? IMO the content needs to be pushed out at a pace that I can’t get fully BiS before the next is added. At same time they need to find a way to keep the older content relative. It kind of sucks to have 95% of Neverwinter be useless when I’m at max level.

I have played Undermountain on preview. I leveled my HR and Barbarian to 80. Got the full set of Spy gear with mountaineer weapons. Maxed out all of the enchants. I enjoyed it, Neverwinter felt like a whole different game but yet kept the identity. There is a lot of scaling issues and bugs of which I hope is all smoothed out by the time it goes live. I believe the game is moving in a healthy direction although I doubt I will be able to lvl more than a few toons because unless they find a way to spice it up. Doing the same thing on 4, 5, 8, 10 toons a day gets old fast and nobody wants a second job.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Hum, where to start? I would like to say that I have played Neverwinter since the Alpha, on and off. I will play it three-nine months at a time then take a three-six month break. As far as mains go I played a TR, HR and OP. The rest I have leveled and left them for professions and praying.

I am 43 and started playing MMO’s way back when Everquest was in beta. I have played all the major releases and more than a few of the minor ones over the years. I grew up playing table top D&D from the early 80’s. My problems with Neverwinter are IMO the game is way to easy mechanic wise. Playing a game that requires no voice communication or any communication at all “just don’t’ stand in the red” . End-game content is extremely lacking. Would love to see new and relevant “raid” content 10/20/25+ player sized activity. Content replay ability is underwhelming. The bugs, exploits and so on take forever to get addressed and some are skill broken years after they have been brought up to the Devs.

Currently in Neverwinter Live because of “power creep” and “balance issues” the game has become a joke. Certain classes are not wanted in “end-game” groups because of simply put they don’t compete with others. There always is a best tank, best buffer, best dps and so on. IMO unless a class paragon is designed for specific encounters IE single target boss vs AOE bosses vs trash and so on to buffing/control/healing then everyone should be within 3-5% of one another. I know everyone wants to be viable and I know that can be hard to make everyone on the same playing field and keeping class fantasy or uniqueness. Put on top of that everything must be approved of by WOTC and fall within the D&D ruleset

So my main atm is a 18K+ HR, a god if you will. Unless something can kill me with 1 hit then I can’t die. This is wrong on so many levels and tbh trivializes so much. It leads to bad game play honestly, why move and try to avoid a hit if I know it’s not going to kill me and I know the next hit I land will heal me to full. Next the level of “buffs” and “power creep” atm is ruining the game as well. Again why do mechanics when I can stack a group with 4 buffers and a DPS and burn a boss down in mere seconds. WoW…. So fun.

This game needs a complete overhaul and everyone knows it. People for whatever reason do not like change. For Neverwinter to have a future it has to change. We need tanks to actually tank, healers to actually heal, buffers/controllers to do their job and DPS to blender it up. As far as my thoughts on character progression with gear, enchants, levels and so on. We should never find ourselves completely BiS. BiS is the goal but in theory should never be obtained because when that happens what is the driving force to keep playing? IMO the content needs to be pushed out at a pace that I can’t get fully BiS before the next is added. At same time they need to find a way to keep the older content relative. It kind of sucks to have 95% of Neverwinter be useless when I’m at max level.

I have played Undermountain on preview. I leveled my HR and Barbarian to 80. Got the full set of Spy gear with mountaineer weapons. Maxed out all of the enchants. I enjoyed it, Neverwinter felt like a whole different game but yet kept the identity. There is a lot of scaling issues and bugs of which I hope is all smoothed out by the time it goes live. I believe the game is moving in a healthy direction although I doubt I will be able to lvl more than a few toons because unless they find a way to spice it up. Doing the same thing on 4, 5, 8, 10 toons a day gets old fast and nobody wants a second job.

Brilliant post thank you :)
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I also think campain looks good stuck in between lev 75 mid of campain. same as I think Boons, Companion, Insignia look good, without testing it in all details till now.
    Some of the new implentations still are bugged, as far as I can tell Ability scores don´t work as they should.
    I hope the character get´s a free reroll option in mod 16. A class that is based on Con/Char and needs to switch over to Int + x has to buy a reroll token, hard to accept imo.
    Not sure what stats should look like in the end, since I can´t read mobs Crit avoidance, Deflectionchance etc.
    Is there a cap for power and Combat advantage like deminishing returns ?
    Crit same as Arp seem to be from importance but I can´t say if i can simply build into power+combat advantage to overcome all those avoidance stats for Crit and Deflect and dish out more in the end, neglecting those other stats.
    If Power and CA are linear stats and got no counterstat on mobs side to avoid them but the other two (Crit/Arp) can be deminished, why even care about Crit/Arp , especially if bosses have presumably pretty high avoidance stats?
    Anyone knows more about tat topic?
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Don't know that I'll have time to re-learn the game from scratch. And I'm not a fan of all the equipment they are discarding. What is it that they are doing to our companions, anyway??

Making it more like the mount stable. Pick the comp you want to run with. Pick the different stats you want active.

Main thing is comps will only use comp gear and runestones. Regular enchants are the purview of the character.
    Do levels, such as Legendary or Epic mean anything anymore? What about multiple Legendary comps?
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User

I'm leaving this game... I'm a close beta player, never stopped playing since then. But this is s.h!.t-, even worst than Mod 6... which was terribly bad. Also moderators are deleting posts of people complaining because they don't like if you are negative about their (r4p. But they have to hear us... don't allow this to happen. We are really mad about this changes. I play as Tactician GF and now they want me to be full tank where there you have the OPs which are preferred as tanks or DPS which is a roll I don't wanna play. If I wanted to be a DPS i would have choose a TR, HR, GWF or even a SW... but not a GF.
    Seriously... not worth of my time to play the new mod.
    If you Craptic wanted to kick us out.. close the game.. don't do this HAMSTER.

Can you please mail me your stuff before you uninstall the game? Thanks bye.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Well said. I wish there are more people in this community see things the way u do.
    Post edited by kangkeok on
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Well, i don't know where to put this, but i guess it is right here.

Logged on and logged soon off, the entire thing felt like sitting in a tomb.

We have one of the most social alliance normally, now long minutes passed and not a single voice, checked the roster, we had ca 20 ppl on from 3468, ouch, this hurts a lot.

I know some are on preview and some are in different time zones or are on a brake now, but still holy Jesus it is bad.

All these drastic changes all at once and the loss of a core game mechanic do their job, it was obvious sadly.

I can only hope Devs see the metrics and change things drastically, at current state it feels very very depressing.

Leaving it here, hard to find words... :'(

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

> @matthiasthehun76 said:
    > Well, i don't know where to put this, but i guess it is right here.
    >
    > Logged on and logged soon off, the entire thing felt like sitting in a tomb.
    >
    > We have one of the most social alliance normally, now long minutes passed and not a single voice, checked the roster, we had ca 20 ppl on from 3468, ouch, this hurts a lot.
    >
    > I know some are on preview and some are in different time zones or are on a brake now, but still holy Jesus it is bad.
    >
    > All these drastic changes all at once and the loss of a core game mechanic do their job, it was obvious sadly.
    >
    > I can only hope Devs see the metrics and change things drastically, at current state it feels very very depressing.
    >
    > Leaving it here, hard to find words... :'(

Can't speak for your alliance, but 90% of my friend list is on preview.
    I'm only going live for VIP/invoking and maybe to earn some AD in rEQ/rAQ whrn I get bored/worn-out on preview.

If you already leveled and filled boons on your main toons, there is zero reason to grind in Live under Mod15 rules imho.

Any gear or build tweaks you make on Live are likely to be worthless in a few weeks.

For example, 5 1/2 year spent building and perfecting a super solid tank... 5 min into Preview and it's like starting from scratch on my first day. Gotta spend time figuring this out on preview or all those years of grinding were for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I suspect others may feel the same.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.

Brilliant post thank you :)
    +1 on that. Complete agree.

havlocke said:

kharkov58 said:

Disclaimer: 5 1/2 year critic of the devs and mods here. Not loved by either and frequently critical.

That said... the door is ---> THAT way. Don't let the doorknob hit you in the rear.

Time to take a break if you feel that way. Find a new game if you do. np. we've all done it.
    But why linger and lurk in forum 3 days into preview if you are that certain NW is "dead" (like we've never heard that before".

But it as preview.
    This is a chance for us to influence and shape the game MOST of us still have some love for.

Edit:
    I just spent 12 hours/day for the past 3 days grinding preview in hopes of saving the game.
    Very frustrating to see negative "it's already dead. you are wasting your time" posts.
    No offense taken. I did deserve that. I was just as irritated when I wrote mine too.

I don't think the game is terrible. I in fact love the majority of game still. But I am not into self delusion. The game is broken and unbalanced. It IS going to come crashing down sooner rather than later. This Mod has a chance of saving it. The changes, as unwelcome as they are to a chunk of the population, are needed.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I simply dont like the removal of all the feat trees, now the simplistic approach they built.

Also, not a huge fan of limiting comps to comp gear only.. it really puts a bind on setting up toons.. if you dont have what you need to have.

In addition, I would like the following done before release:

1. Exchange enchants have to be left unbound to unbound and bound to bound. DO NOT bind unbound enchants.. what a croc and waste of our times.

2. PLEASE do not make us get additional insignia's to increase the insignia's rank.. its rng on top of rng.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not do that.. if we get what we want, just up the RP needed and allow us to increase it.
    3. I do not like the idea have having to rip away regular enchants to get rune-stones on comps either.. not a fan.
    4. Game-play seems a bit slow, waiting around for your encounters and dailies is a tad frustrating.. might be better to lower all encounter speeds down a bit. Without any recovery its like watching paint dry at times.

I guess i can live with the rest.. maybe.. I dont know having to do another rank up on enchants isnt pleasing me much either.. game DOESNT need any more rank ups.. ever.. a new player is slammed with them and it takes so much AD ..

havlocke said:

kharkov58 said:

But it as preview.

Edit:
    As for a reply to your post itself

1) Disclaimer, been gaming DnD since Chainmail. Been MMO'ing since BATMUD.

2) I WAS going to leave the game. Yes, after a couple of years of play, spending money here and there, I was feeling no love or joy to keep staying. Wasn't going to be a short break, was just going to walk away.

3) I am lingering and lurking in the forums for the first time ever because I really really like these changes and I am getting upset every time I see a doomsayer going "this mod is the end of all life as we know it" (like we've never heard that ... etc...)

4) Defeatist is people going on and on about how they are going to leave the game if the mod goes live. Just leave if you don't like it. Stating the obvious fact that the game is flawed is not defeatist.

5) NW is fun, but really only in Mid game, where your spec and equipment don't really matter. The scenery and background graphics details are magnificent. They are everything I want from an online DnD game. But after you pass that, its starts showing its flaws. Many other here have articulated them better than me.

6) My reply "The game is ruined" was done AS A SPECIFIC RESPONSE to the previous poster who said that this mod will ruin the game. Not as a comment to the game, the mod, or anybody else's post.

7) Thank You for the time you are spending in preview. I know any recommendations you will make can only be for the better.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Well not sure what anything had to do with anything.. but my first online experience was ulitma online... then everquest.. then lotro and a few months in alot of games..

Each game is an experience unto itself.. while anyone who played most mmos can play most others.. each one has its pros and cons.

While its a bit of hyperbole that any one game will be "destroyed" or dead due to certain changes.. there is some history of other games folding after a particular bad run of it.

Some people will find the changes refreshing.. others , will quit, because its just not for them anymore.. I dont see their metrics.. I do know seeing this game at this present time, its not nearly as polished as in the early mods.. and the massive mistakes they made in mod 6.. were finally getting addressed , While mod 6.. could've been great.. they didnt put the time, resources into it and made some mistakes and I actually had fun during mod 6 for the first few months, leveling and building toons and healing t2s with gift of faith ..

As I see it a few things made this game to where we are today.. its a, uncapped potential of stats, where you can build to 100% of everything, without that much of a curve. Powersharing, it was never necessary and while power in and of itself, doesn't really = devastating amount of dps, the share amount of power you can get to, in addition to multiplicative buffs that stack to each other.. caused game play to be borked a bit at times.. groups that set themselves up to do these things together, would just ram through everything in meer seconds, where groups who didnt , struggled a bit and maybe even failed at times.

However.. if you honestly, diversified your running with different groups, you would see a vast amount of different between 50-60% of the playerbase who just didnt know the value of these items, honestly struggling to get through content, Ive had 17k tanks just fold at a snot sneeze up fbi hill, dying 6-7 times, just because they had no clue on builds and just wanted to rush in with as many masterstrikes as possible, while we can all make mistakes on every run.. its really wierd to see people do the wierdest things.. no issue with GFS being dps, if they are running with their own mates, its when you drop into randoms, you will be expected to tank if your the tank in the queue.

If they just axed powershare.. dropped lifesteal like 50% direct , killed the sharandar boon, put recovery on a stat cap like crit, made buffs a flat damage buff (or at most drop down thier multiplicative abilities a ton) and didnt allow certain items to stack .. it wouldve been a similiar outcome , but not so much change.

Its not really the core mechanics that im worried about, as much as some fringe ancillary changes.. .like the comp changes to enchants and gear.. and the double insignia's need to refine. These are not good changes.. these should be re looked at.

Those are the things that pester me.. too much rng, too much trouble involved.. players do not like this much rng.
    edited March 2019
    havlocke said:

havlocke said:

kharkov58 said:

But it as preview.

Edit:
    As for a reply to your post itself

1) Disclaimer, been gaming DnD since Chainmail. Been MMO'ing since BATMUD.

2) I WAS going to leave the game. Yes, after a couple of years of play, spending money here and there, I was feeling no love or joy to keep staying. Wasn't going to be a short break, was just going to walk away.

3) I am lingering and lurking in the forums for the first time ever because I really really like these changes and I am getting upset every time I see a doomsayer going "this mod is the end of all life as we know it" (like we've never heard that ... etc...)

4) Defeatist is people going on and on about how they are going to leave the game if the mod goes live. Just leave if you don't like it. Stating the obvious fact that the game is flawed is not defeatist.

5) NW is fun, but really only in Mid game, where your spec and equipment don't really matter. The scenery and background graphics details are magnificent. They are everything I want from an online DnD game. But after you pass that, its starts showing its flaws. Many other here have articulated them better than me.

6) My reply "The game is ruined" was done AS A SPECIFIC RESPONSE to the previous poster who said that this mod will ruin the game. Not as a comment to the game, the mod, or anybody else's post.

7) Thank You for the time you are spending in preview. I know any recommendations you will make can only be for the better.
    You're right.
    I misread your post.
    I was out of line.
    I apologize.

Edit:
    You are right.
    See?
    This Mod16 preview has us so bent out of shape we have no grammar.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    @havlocke and @dread4moor

That was amusing, you both appear to be saying kind of the same thing but not sure if you both realized it at the time :p
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    It is not the stat changes that are going to kill the game. They will be killing the game with the new implementation of each character class and paragon path. Many people are quite attached to there characters, and may just walk away when they see how that character plays in mod 16.